Author Topic: Quick trip down and back tomorrow to VMD  (Read 1652 times)

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
Quick trip down and back tomorrow to VMD
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:33:25 PM »
Three of us are making a quick ride from NE Ohio to Lexington, OH to participate in a day of Vintage Motorcycle Days racing (watching, not racing!)  With any luck we may have a few pics to post when we return tomorrow evening.

It's only 100 miles, more or less, each way, and we'll be taking the best scenic roads possible, vs doing the I-71 slab.

It's rained for the past few days, but tomorrow promises to be dry, in the low 70s, but with humidity making the 'feels like' temps closer to 80 degrees.

Looking forward to a nice ride down and back and seeing some good racing and just kicking tires looking at all the nice old machines that are generally present for this event.

Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

HardAspie

Re: Quick trip down and back tomorrow to VMD
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:40:10 PM »
Ride safely!
Have a great time!
Take photos!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 10:44:30 AM »
Three of us are making a quick ride from NE Ohio to Lexington, OH to participate in a day of Vintage Motorcycle Days racing (watching, not racing!)  With any luck we may have a few pics to post when we return tomorrow evening.

It's only 100 miles, more or less, each way, and we'll be taking the best scenic roads possible, vs doing the I-71 slab.

It's rained for the past few days, but tomorrow promises to be dry, in the low 70s, but with humidity making the 'feels like' temps closer to 80 degrees.

Looking forward to a nice ride down and back and seeing some good racing and just kicking tires looking at all the nice old machines that are generally present for this event.

Used to never miss VMD .... but I've brought home all the stuff that a sane person could use for the rest of their lives from the massive swap meet, so haven't been in a year or two.   I need to put it back on my annual calendar ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Bonafide Bob

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 05:51:52 PM »
Enjoy yourself, I haven't been in years, it a 1000 miles for me.
Bob
We have freedom of speech, as long as we don't say to much.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 05:51:52 PM »

Online Bob Wegman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 08:45:58 PM »
If you go to the shorttrack races.  Cheer on the Harley Sprints for me.
02 EV1100, 2010 V7 Classic, 80 Yamaha 650, 80 Yamaha SR500, 77 Yamaha XS650, 67 Honda 305 Superhawk, 66 Ducati 250 Monza(apart)
MGNOC # 20848
AMA# 548668

Offline samfrank

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 08:52:41 AM »
I usually attend yearly but at this time I am in the mountains of western North Carolina. My thoughts are that VMD has gone down hill as of late. There used to be many more vendors, many more brands there for demo rides, even the racing pits seem less occupied. I think there may have been some political shenanigans going on in the AMA and that's why it has become what it is. I still love walking the swap shop. And also getting my '73 Eldorado always turned many heads.
1973 Eldorado
2013 Norge - moving to Arizona to live with John.
2015 Yamaha FJR1300

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here