Author Topic: REPLACE STELVIO FOGS WITH...?  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Spuddy

• Gaggle Hero
  • Best Thing About A Mind Is Being Able To Change It
REPLACE STELVIO FOGS WITH...?
« on: July 10, 2015, 10:10:53 AM »
Who has replaced the stock fog lamps with what and mounted 'em where?  Any advice?

Spud
'13 Stelvio NTX
'07 California Vintage
'01 W650
'00 Quota 1100ES + Ural

Offline toma nova

• Gosling
Re: REPLACE STELVIO FOGS WITH...?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »
I replaced them with these 18W six-LED cheapos ($28 for the pair):  http://www.amazon.com/Nilight%C2%AE-Driving-Light-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B00G620ZVU/ref=lp_15736441_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1436557086&sr=1-3

They look good, only a little wider and taller than the OE Hellas and throw an incredible amount of light.  I used the stock wiring and switch, don't need them linked to the high beams.

No real nighttime testing yet, but aiming them in the driveway indicates lots of light down the road.

Tom

2014 Stelvio NTX
2008 1200 Sport - sold

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:09:37 PM »
Spud, LEDs are the way to go.  I'd still install Kirb's fuze kit for each light since a short can bring you to an unintended stop.  My lights are more expensive than the ones Tom recommended...can't comment on the value because I think these things are coming down in price.  One thing to be wary of is the mounts on mine cracked, a common problem due to the vibration found on the OEM mount location.  I made some uber strong aluminum mounts.

Peter Y.
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 03:30:17 PM »
I put a set of 27 watt LEDs on mine. I ride home at 1am and need the light. They are cheap imports, provide a lot of light, and have held up well for over a year.

I would buy them again. The only thing to keep in mind is that the specs on those cheap lights are a bit of a stretch. For example, they are called 27 watt, and they are closer to 20. Still a LOT of light. And they are called 'spot' lights, but at 30 degrees, they are closer to flood lights.
Still a great light for the $$ though.

I put a dimmer on mine, so I run them on low during the day, off at night. But when I go to high beam they are wired to go to full power. Works great.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 03:30:17 PM »

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here