Author Topic: SP brake & shifter pedal info wanted  (Read 800 times)

Offline CanBike

• New Egg
SP brake & shifter pedal info wanted
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »
I'm building a G5 that originally came with floor boards. I also have a spare G5 frame that came with footpegs and a huge 'police' side stand... oh, and I also have the 850T (rear drum) foot controls setup, but...

what I think I want is the SP footpegs, brake pedal and shifter pedal set up. The G5 foot peg model has the pegs too far forward for me and the 850T is a bit overly complicated with the rods that span across the frame. The SP seems to have the cleanest set up. Does anyone have closeup pics of how it works, or can point me in the right direction, maybe LM footpegs and controls?

I'm new to Guzzi, so maybe I've got this wrong, and some of my existing parts will be compatible?

Thanks.

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: SP brake & shifter pedal info wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 01:18:27 PM »
just swap out the lower frame rails complete with the controls. you can do it on the center stand one side at a time and use the long thru bolts to keep the frame aligned.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline CanBike

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 02:09:27 PM »
The bike is still in pieces, so I'm just collecting parts. I just to make sure I'm after what I think will work. I thought the G5 foot controls would work, but then realized that they seem to be much farther forward than my 850. From a few pics of the SP, I think that's what I'm after. The Le mans looks like it has a similar set up to the SP.

I just need to be more certain before I track down another set of rails and controls.

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »
I see. if you can find the SP or Lemans complete with frame rails it would be best.. they all share the same main frame so all frame rails bolt up.  the G5 & SP foot controls mount to a bracket/support that then mounts to the frame so you can probably use the frame rails from the G5 for SP pegs and hangers.. could use the footboard version too, just cut off the lugs that the boards mount to. I don't think those SP peg mounting hangers will be easy to find tho..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »

Offline Frenchfrog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 04:00:53 PM »
Just to add to the story the first series SP had the same footpegs as the LM 1 and 2 but I think series 2 is the T3 type....Hardly any difference between the two as the lm pegs are less than an inch shorter and the foot rests are slightly higher and further back,The exhaust is higher on the Lm though.I think Guzziology covers all the variations.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here