Author Topic: Mystery sensor!  (Read 259 times)

Offline hannibal smith

• New Egg
Mystery sensor!
« on: April 22, 2024, 12:47:43 PM »
2009 V7 Classic.

What is the sensor that is installed on the rear brake hanger? Just put alloy wheels to replace the factory spokes, and the new rear disc isn't anywhere near where the old disc would "trigger" the sensor. I can see from looking up parts on the bay, that the new hanger has moved the sensor location to work with the new style disc. What does it do? Thanks-

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
Re: Mystery sensor!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 03:16:42 PM »
Isn’t it the speed sensor? That’s the only sensor I can think of anywhere near that location.
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Offline hannibal smith

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 03:50:36 PM »
Thanks! That is what it is evidently.

Looks like I might have to get a 2016 brake hanger to go with the wheels. The 2017 looks like it has ABS, so it uses yet another configuration.

The 2009 spoked wheels/tires are 29.8 pounds front, and 32.8 pounds rear.

The 2016 aluminum wheels/tires are 25.6 pounds front, and 29.2 pounds rear.

A whopping 7.8 pound difference. I thought it was going to be a lot more, but I'll take it. NOTE-weights are wheel and tire.

Offline Paul_Tim

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 04:40:28 AM »
Just for info.
On later Stelvio's (maybe others) there were two speed sensors, the one on the front wheel fed the speedo (maybe more), the one on the rear wheel was used by the ABS. Not sure if Guzzi did the same on other platforms.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 04:40:28 AM »

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 06:08:24 AM »
Just for info.
On later Stelvio's (maybe others) there were two speed sensors, the one on the front wheel fed the speedo (maybe more), the one on the rear wheel was used by the ABS. Not sure if Guzzi did the same on other platforms.

ABS systems monitor both wheels. The information is also used for the speedometer.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here