Author Topic: Moto Guzzi National Owners Club (MGNOC) National Rally 2024 @ John Day, Oregon  (Read 12682 times)

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Y'ep.   :thumb:   
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Mark Dasher

• Gosling
I know quite a few people east of both that are planning to go. Two of my friends are coming with me - one on the '71 Ambassador I built back in '08 and another on his '73 Eldo I rebuilt for him 13 years ago.

Yeah, there will be a few of us coming from east of the Mississipi.  Myself and my friend on his 98 Cali EV will be starting on the other side of the Appalachians (West Virginia), so only a slight headstart over Charlie and his crew! 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 09:33:50 PM by Mark Dasher »
'75 850T
'78 Robin
'06 Breva 1100

Offline 2Nr

• New Egg
Considering the distance this looks like a great distance for a short trip on my lil Breva. Please forward any suggested roads as I expect to travel from north of Vancouver to join in on the rally. Not really interested in wildlife but good food, and good rides have me ready to commit!  :grin:

Watching for more information!

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
I'd avoid Interstate 5 going S.  Take any other routes south.  Someone in WA state can give advice from traveling south through their state. 

I usually took State Rt. 95 south from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho which is further to the East of you. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

Offline Matteo

• Alaska Guzzi's on Facebook
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Make me an offer I can't refuse!
    • https://squareup.com/store/doubleshovelciderco
I'd avoid Interstate 5 going S.  Take any other routes south.  Someone in WA state can give advice from traveling south through their state. 

I usually took State Rt. 95 south from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho which is further to the East of you.

From Vancouver WA we used to take 14 east to Hood River OR and head south.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 07:41:03 PM by Matteo »
66 Stornello Scrambler,77 Lemans,80 CX100,16 V7II,21 V85TT Centenario
Gone to new homes: 84 LM3, 82 1000SP, 00 V11Sport, 84 V50III, 84V65, 00 Jackal, 07 Norge

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
A little over 2 months to GO!!  We will stay one night in Tonopah, Nevada....coming and going....

Long trip... :shocked: :rolleyes: :huh: :thumb: :bow: :cool: :boozing: (Ahhhhh - Eeeeee - Ohhhhhhh.....) :wink:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Clifton

• No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.
  • Gosling
A little over 2 months to GO!!  We will stay one night in Tonopah, Nevada....coming and going....Long trip...

Yeah not that far off and you already have your trip planned! :thumb:  I guess better start planning myself.
24 Stelvio
21 V85TT
22 Goldwing
20 XT250
14 CB1100
93 R100R

Offline moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero

This is the route I took last year to get to the Fossil rally . It's not the same campsite , but , it's around an hour or so from the national , and it's a treat to take this route , hope to see you there. Peter

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
A little over 2 months to GO!!  We will stay one night in Tonopah, Nevada....coming and going....

Long trip... :shocked: :rolleyes: :huh: :thumb: :bow: :cool: :boozing: (Ahhhhh - Eeeeee - Ohhhhhhh.....) :wink:

Staying at the Clown Motel?   :evil: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
Staying at the Clown Motel?   :evil: :grin: :grin: :grin:

NO!!  That place is TOTALLY CREEPY!!  ...and it's right next to the town cemetary!! :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:

Much finer digs at The Mizpah Hotel, just up the road...

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
I wouldn't stay there either.  :laugh:  I'll be going north out of PHX and making a left hand turn in UT.  Haven't been in that part of the country for a while.  Trying to avoid as much of the Navaho Nation as possible. :tongue:

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
QUOTE:   I'll be going north out of PHX and making a left hand turn in UT.  Haven't been in that part of the country for a while.  Trying to avoid as much of the Navaho Nation as possible. :tongue:

C'mon now....NEVADA - - Blue skies.....wide open spaces....little or no traffic..... :bow: :thumb: :boozing: :cool:

What's not to like?!? :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh: :grin: :laugh: :wink:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
The Mizpah Hotel is pretty cool. I had dinner there once years ago. I was talking to my server, she told some of the history of the place. She gave me a tour of the passages and rooms behind the main walls. Kind of creepy also but different than the Clown Motel.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Funny thing. I've been on that way from Phoenix enough that I don't need a map or gps.  The way north to Kayenta....maybe Gallup.  Change of scenery skirting the eastside of the beege hole.   I still have to look at the maps.  Former neighbor for 20 years will be coming up from Lawrence, KS area and meeting him W of Colorado Springs in UT. 

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
June 1 for the pre-registration fee of $100 after that $125.  Haven't found out if the electronic registration is up and running.  Anyone on the Facebook group know?  I don't do Facebook.

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
June 1 for the pre-registration fee of $100 after that $125.  Haven't found out if the electronic registration is up and running.  Anyone on the Facebook group know?  I don't do Facebook.

No "electronic registration" from what I've read.
Charlie

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Update on registering.  Pay Gayle Gutherie using Zelle.  Use 206-218-8982.  Rally pin for first 250 registrations.  This per the latest MGNOC May newsletter.   :boozing:
$100 before June 1, 2024.  $125.00 after June1, 2024.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 05:01:41 PM by Tom »

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
Update on registering.  Pay Gayle Gutherie using Zelle.  Use 206-218-8982.  Rally pin for first 250 registrations.  This per the latest MGNOC May newsletter.   :boozing:
$100 before June 1, 2024.  $125.00 after June1, 2024.

I don't have Zelle...but will send a check before June 1st.  :boozing: :thumb: :cool: :wink: :smiley:

« Last Edit: Today at 09:11:10 AM by JJ »
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
I don't have Zelle...but will send a check before June 1st.  :boozing: :thumb: :cool: :wink: :smiley:

So we'll finally see the Yellow Horse up in Oregon?   :thumb: :thumb:
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
Serious question from relocated east coast rider to the southwest.
How do I cross all that desert and not get completely cooked riding up from PHX?  Late June is brutal.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
Serious question from relocated east coast rider to the southwest.
How do I cross all that desert and not get completely cooked riding up from PHX?  Late June is brutal.

Facing the same issue coming out of Texas in brutal heat, I wear a 3 liter camelback, fill it with ice and a bit of gatorade, and fill it up at every gas stop with ice.  The ice melts slowly, keeps the liquid nice and chilled and I stay hydrated.

Clothing...if it's killer hot, I don't wear a mesh jacket, or you just dehydrate even faster...I also stop about every 1/2 hour and pour a bottle of water on my head, shirt etc...keeps some evaporation / cooling effect. 

Ride early early morning helps to get some miles down before the killer heat kicks in...
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here