Author Topic: Vehicle History Report  (Read 910 times)

guzzipete

Vehicle History Report
« on: January 01, 2018, 04:11:42 PM »
This is a scam running on Craigslist and other vehicle for sale sites. What I do when I get an email like the ones described, is to tell them if they want a vehicle history report, I will give them the VIN and they can pull the report. If they decide to purchase the vehicle, I will deduct the cost of the report from the price. I have yet to get a email back asking for the VIN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_h7PNqn...e=youtu.be

Offline 73viking

• New Egg
Re: Vehicle History Report
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 06:30:25 PM »
I got same email about wanting me to get a vin report about a Road King im selling.Guy said he didnt want to pay for it so sent me a link to a site that does it.I replied ''Sounds like a scam to me''Never heard another word
1999 bassa 1984 cali 2002 bmw1200LT 2004 bmw1150rtp 1995 triumph 900 sprint 1984 suzuki cavalcade 2001 HD road king

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
Did they name the reporting service they wanted you to use?
D
Those services are scams.  Nobody is required to report their car history so there is no reason to believe anything has been reported.  I think the emailers are shills.  Tell them they are welcome to research the vehicle history any way they want to -- on their nickel.

Offline 73viking

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 09:58:52 AM »
They sent a link to the service they wanted you to use it was about 15 bucks.I didnt fall for the scam it wont tell much prob just when bike went thru inspection in NY state anyway.It might show up a salvage title that is about it.
1999 bassa 1984 cali 2002 bmw1200LT 2004 bmw1150rtp 1995 triumph 900 sprint 1984 suzuki cavalcade 2001 HD road king

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 09:58:52 AM »

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 01:41:30 PM »
Those types of scams are just phishing for credit card and personal info.

I've used Carfax and it will give you a list of anything that's been reported.  Key word, "reported"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here