Author Topic: New Bobber Question  (Read 2623 times)

ff73148

New Bobber Question
« on: October 20, 2018, 07:36:28 PM »
Question. I have a new Bobber and the general alarm warning light flashes while the bike is off and parked? What does it mean?

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: New Bobber Question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:15:43 PM »
I don't own a V9 but other model dashes a light flashes that bike is active, sort of keeps thieves away.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Gnirwin

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »
Yep..flashing is normal
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:26:33 PM by Gnirwin »
'17 Bobber
'15 Kawaski Vulan S
'98 Goldwing

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 11:42:30 PM »
My Norge used to do that but I disabled it in the menu.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 11:42:30 PM »

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 01:42:30 AM »
If its the standard piaggio product its an immobiliser disabled when you insert the key thats coded to the bike, the light should turn itself off after three days of inactivity in order to not run the battery down, obviously the immobiliser is still armed.

ff73148

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 06:56:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply. After taking out my magnifying glass and reading the manual three times I could not find any reference to it.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 07:22:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply. After taking out my magnifying glass and reading the manual three times I could not find any reference to it.

Sounds like someone needs to download an electronic copy of the owners manual so you can zoom in and read it on the computer.   :cool:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

ff73148

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 08:46:01 AM »
Sounds like someone needs to download an electronic copy of the owners manual so you can zoom in and read it on the computer.   :cool:

Where do I find that?

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 08:58:02 AM »
Well, you are on the GT forum, so go to the downloads section and get it. I have a service manual, much better explanation.
I can email if you can't find it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:25:43 AM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

ff73148

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »
If its the standard piaggio product its an immobiliser disabled when you insert the key thats coded to the bike, the light should turn itself off after three days of inactivity in order to not run the battery down, obviously the immobiliser is still armed.

Murray, does the immobilizer draw on the battery even when the light is off? Thanks.

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 10:51:02 PM »
Can't say I've actually measured it, logically it will have a small draw along with the ECU I would suggest if turning off the LED has a worth while impact on the draw I would say yes but it will be very very low LED's typically don't draw much to begin with.

Although in the catogorey of you milage may vary at my place of employment we have two 4x4 Isuzu 300 trucks that typically do a lot of sitting. One of them left without islation will draw the batteries down in the space of a week or two, they other is fine the VIN numbers are within 10 of each other, eventually got an auto sparky to look at it the the words of wisdom was this is not unusual.

ff73148

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »
Can't say I've actually measured it, logically it will have a small draw along with the ECU I would suggest if turning off the LED has a worth while impact on the draw I would say yes but it will be very very low LED's typically don't draw much to begin with.

Although in the catogorey of you milage may vary at my place of employment we have two 4x4 Isuzu 300 trucks that typically do a lot of sitting. One of them left without islation will draw the batteries down in the space of a week or two, they other is fine the VIN numbers are within 10 of each other, eventually got an auto sparky to look at it the the words of wisdom was this is not unusual.

Do you know how to turn off the LED on a Bobber. I can find anything in the owners manual about it. Thanks.

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 04:14:23 PM »
Do you know how to turn off the LED on a Bobber. I can find anything in the owners manual about it. Thanks.

Well my experince with previous systems says you simply leave it for three days and it will do it automatically, the amout of power and LED draws is typically measured in 100ths of an amp. The may be an option for the dealer to change it via PADS but I have no information on that.

ff73148

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »
Well my experince with previous systems says you simply leave it for three days and it will do it automatically, the amout of power and LED draws is typically measured in 100ths of an amp. The may be an option for the dealer to change it via PADS but I have no information on that.

Thanks for the info.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here