General Category > General Discussion

New V7 Special 850 Stumbling

<< < (8/9) > >>

Vagrant:
My 2020 V85 has a stumble / flat spot at about 3500 rpm and again at 4200-4400. I suspect it's a "pass emissions " thing.

Huzo:

--- Quote from: Dave Swanson on May 12, 2022, 08:26:06 PM ---The hiccup is a well known V7-850 phenomena.  Most every owner has the same issue.  The V7-850 does not have cruise control.  I have never heard of it happening in neutral when stopped.  On this issue there is no cross pollination between the V7-850 and V85TT.   It is probably best that you buy your own so you can fully understand it.  LOL

--- End quote ---
I would have to crash one of my Guzzi’s to get another.
I seriously cannot conceive of buying another new bike in my lifetime..
Unless I ride a V100 in Mandello this September

Kildareman:

--- Quote from: Huzo on May 12, 2022, 07:57:58 PM ---What’s Guzzidiag say…?

--- End quote ---

GuizDiag does not work on the V7 850 as the 850 uses Can Bus for comms rather than the K line of the older Guzzis.

MKEGuzziV7:
New to MG coming from an old BMW airhead. Many of the comments here mirror what I'm seeing in my 21 V7. Over the past month, have noticed a long crank before start (not always- when it happens it's almost always first start after sitting overnight), and during the first 5-10 minutes of riding an occasional stumble, like a momentary loss of power. The latter almost always is associated with steady throttle or when initially coming off throttle. It seems to improve/go away with time/miles.

What is weird about this is it started up after I mounted a center stand. To do this I loosened the header flange and muffler mounts to gain clearance. So, I thought maybe I did not have the headers well seating and perhaps O2 was getting introduced in the exhaust stream and messing up the sensor. I remounted to see if that helped but it did not go away. I guess another coincidence is I'm riding more and the weather is notable warmer. I live in WI, got the bike in November, so really this is the first riding where the temp is above 30-40F.

Anyway, have my 1K service soon and will mention to MG and see if there is anything they can offer.

Great site here!

jejcpa:
I purchased V7 850 last November. It stumbled at any steady speed under4,000 rpm. I took it to dealer and after several technicians told me there was nothing wrong. The service manager finally rode the bike and admitted it had a bad problem. He asked that they keep it to figure it out. After a week , I was again told it drove exactly like other 2021’s on the floor and there a was nothing wrong. When I went to pick it up, the owner rode my bike and another one off the floor and stated it was worse than a stumble. This was early last March.

The service manager contacted Moto Guzzi and the Guzzi representative stated there were several complaints like mine and they are working on a new map. Yesterday, the new map was installed and now the bike runs perfect. Not even a flutter!

Now a very happy V7 owner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version