General Category > General Discussion

New V7 Special 850 Stumbling

<< < (2/9) > >>

mmcwhitehead:
Well, he tried venting the tank by momentarily opening the cap before leaving work yesterday- no difference.

Dirk_S:
Any chance he gave his bike a heavy washing with a hose, and maybe got moisture into the oxygen sensor?

Alfetta:
Personally, I'm impressed that MG is managing to cope with the Euro 5 regulations while still using an air cooled engine (cudos).  I'm would not be surprised by an odd starting issue, or weird idle condition, or momentary surging etc... with the TAXES getting levied onto these machines it is inevitable.  If you consider the multitude of variations in the mechanical devices sensors controllers etc.. that all must be compensated by the software programmers understanding of what's going on,  and combine that with global fuels, environments, riding conditions and style, I think its kind of amazing...

"quoting unknow author
Complicated Shite, will have complicated issues..."

guzzisteve:
Get rid of the EVAP canister & stuff. What also helps is to get rid of the SAS system and block it off. All EPA junk.

Kev m:

--- Quote from: guzzisteve on August 11, 2021, 10:49:51 AM ---Get rid of the EVAP canister & stuff. What also helps is to get rid of the SAS system and block it off. All EPA junk.

--- End quote ---

Ever the rebel I kept mine, but I checked first. I parked in the sun, and cold started my bike (with a hose pincher installed on the EVAP purge line). No difference, it still stumbled. So I kept it. Why?

Cause when I listened to people on this website and took the EVAP system off my Jackal, my garage forever smelled of gasoline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version