Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 1400 times)

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
Tinnitus
« on: May 01, 2022, 11:46:43 AM »
https://youtu.be/FztARB3rbw0
I just started doing these things and have gotten good results so far. Most of us seem to have tinnitus and have resigned to trying to ignore it. He’s got other vids on sinus that also work for me.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline drburt

• Hatchling
Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 02:01:37 PM »
Thanks for this.
I'll definitely give this a try.
My ears "scream" with the ringing.
They have become very sensitive to loudish anything.
I was a drummer for years with invincible hearing (so I thought).
It caught up.
Thanks again and we'll see what happens.
Brent

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 03:13:31 PM »
I’m afraid mine is too far gone for help:(

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »
I'm willing to try as I've been a life long sufferer of tinnitus since a preschool ear infection perforated my right eardrum. My treatment was to wear earplugs to bed which forced my brain to become accustom to the sounds. Think of it as immersion therapy. It has no effect on the noise, but it will make it much easier to ignore.

I followed along with the video and did the recommended items. For about a minuet it seemed to improve then the volume of noise in my right ear (the louder one) increased considerably and has yet to return to norma. My left ear returned to normal. I'll keep it up and report back if I notice improvement.

If anyone is wondering what Dr. Mandel's qualifications are, he's a chiropractor.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 04:26:02 PM by Guzzi Gal »
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »

Online slowmover

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Locked in the arms of a crazy life
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 04:26:48 PM »
Thanks for this. I’ll try anything. A lifetime of gunfire,factory machines, and Led Zeppelin has taken its toll.

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 06:01:23 PM »
 Ah, tinnitus my old friend. What would life be without you?

Offline dguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sorry, I'm woke so I'll be quiet.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 06:31:53 PM »
  Cricket lives matter?
'03 EVT
'87 Cagiva
'72 Commando
'71 Commando
'90 Miata
'16 Mustang

Offline orionengnr

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 08:05:25 PM »
No idea as to the effectiveness of his "treatment". but he can't even pronounce the word correctly.  Some doctor SMH

Offline V7Record

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 08:50:56 PM »
It's always summer in my world as the cicadas sing constantly.  I'll check out the video.

Offline pete mcgee

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 03:23:49 AM »
Ah, tinnitus my old friend. What would life be without you?
A lot quieter....
Pete (no not the Bungendore one)

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people look intelligent until you hear them speak....

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 06:29:56 AM »
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Huh? WHat was that? why does every dang TV show have to have the dialogue so low?!? these people are mumbling
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 06:41:46 AM »
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Huh? WHat was that? why does every dang TV show have to have the dialogue so low?!? these people are mumbling

I was going to post the same ^^^ thing, just with some wwwwsshhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh added in for good measure.

I always figured the path to fortune and financial success was to put up a small commercial building with a stereo shop on one end and a hearing aid store on the other.. 
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline Two Checks

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 07:45:58 AM »
He does pronounce it correctly.
I'll have to try this. Thanks for posting.
1990 Cal III f/f  "Il Duce' III"
1987 1000 SPII "Il Duce' II"

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 09:59:13 PM »
My tinn has several gears.  Normal, high, and unexpected but temporary all at the same time.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online averb

• Gosling
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2022, 09:31:49 PM »
No idea as to the effectiveness of his "treatment". but he can't even pronounce the word correctly.  Some doctor SMH

No, I think you will find that you are pronouncing it incorrectly.
Actually, it is obviously pronounced differently in different areas....

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2022, 12:17:49 PM »
Bunch of deaf guys arguing about how to pronounce a strange word … :grin:
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2022, 01:46:15 PM »
"Wait...What???"  I can't read your lips.   :tongue:   :grin: :grin: :grin:

Will check out the vid later.  Mine has subsided somewhat.  Almost never have any ringing now.  I use foam earplugs all the time when I'm riding. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2022, 02:50:42 PM »
I got a bad virus in the early 1990s which left me with severe tinnitus. It was so bad that I said I would rather be deaf. The docs said nothing could be done. I ran across ginkgo and it was very helpful. It reduced my problem by 75%. I still have to be careful with hammering nails and other loud noises and wear ear protection for all that stuff. When riding I have to have my foam plugs seal my ears 100% so I do not get any air noise what so ever but Ginko was the stuff. I took it for 2 years and it really worked.
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline mr_pacman

• Hatchling
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 03:14:17 PM »
Are you guys getting your tinnitus checked out by a doctor?  My wife had tinnitus, went to the doctor, got an MRI, then an angiogram and 2 days later she was rushed in for emergency brain surgery as they had found an aneurysm in her brain.  Doctor said she was very lucky as most people don't get any type of warning signs. Doctor also said that each month they left it, there was a 10% chance of it rupturing and dying was the most likely result. We were very lucky this all happened in December 2019 before the pandemic shut downs started happening.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:42:05 PM by mr_pacman »

Online Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2022, 03:20:42 PM »
Are you guys getting your tinnitus checked out by a doctor?  My wife had tinnitus, went to the doctor, got an MRI, then an angiogram and 2 days later she was rushed in for emergency brain surgery as they had found an aneurysm in her brain.  Doctor said she was very lucky as most people don't get any type of warning signs. Doctor also said that each month they left it, there was a 10% chance of it rupturing and dying was the most likely result. We were very lucky this all happened in December 2019 before the - shut downs started happening.

Was the aneurysm related to the tinnitus, or did they discover it independently by happenstance when looking over the MRI? I know aneurysms often show up as a surprise on MRIs, because typically there aren't symptoms/side effects to such.

Sorry, don't mean to cause a derail, but my grandmother died at the age of 69 from an aortic aneurysm rupture, and my father was recently diagnosed with an aneurysm in the aorta, so my ears quickly perk to the mention.
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Offline mr_pacman

• Hatchling
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2022, 03:41:29 PM »
Was the aneurysm related to the tinnitus, or did they discover it independently by happenstance when looking over the MRI? I know aneurysms often show up as a surprise on MRIs, because typically there aren't symptoms/side effects to such.

Sorry, don't mean to cause a derail, but my grandmother died at the age of 69 from an aortic aneurysm rupture, and my father was recently diagnosed with an aneurysm in the aorta, so my ears quickly perk to the mention.

The tinnitus was directly related to the aneurysm.  They had an interventional radiologist do an angiogram after the MRI spotted it, and they basically mapped out what was happening and could trace the blood flow of that aneurysm and the way it was causing some back flow and draining/pooling that was causing the tinnitus.

Then, for the surgery, instead of having open brain surgery, she had another procedure where they had an interventional radiologist along with neurosurgeons start at the artery in her groin, go all the way into the brain and they deployed some type of glue (they described it as medical grade "crazy glue") on one end of the vein to block it off. They couldn't put the glue on the other end as they were unsure if it would work, so they called in a othamologist plastic surgeon who then cut into her eyelid, tapped into the artery behind her eye, and went to the other side of the vein to put in a coil stent and collapse the vein.

We are very lucky the tinnitus tipped us off to what was happening. She was 40 years old when this happened and we had young kids (2 and 8 at the time of the surgery).  That 8 hours of surgery was the most stressful day I've ever had to deal with. I was fortunate that my wife's best friend was a surgeon at the hospital and knew the neurosurgeons, so she spent the day with me in the waiting room and was getting text message updates from the neurosurgeons as to how things were progressing. It also made me realize how far medicine has come along. A few years ago something like this would have been full open brain surgery with a portion of the skull being removed.  This time, it was surgeons sitting in a room looking at the TV while they gave instructions to the radiologist on which way to turn in order to get to the vein and push a button to deploy the stent/glue. It it weren't for the plastic surgeon needing to come in and get access behind her eye, it would have been a minimally invasive procedure.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2022, 03:47:16 PM »
The procedure had little to effect with my ringing.
However thanks for the post.

Offline Zenermaniac

• Gosling
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2022, 04:29:30 PM »
I’ve had severe tinnitus since 1965. Nothing helps. Sometimes I wish I were deaf.

Offline Boynextdoor

• New Egg
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2022, 02:05:38 AM »
I’ve had severe tinnitus since 1965. Nothing helps. Sometimes I wish I were deaf.
Really sad to hear that... I got temporary, but not often, thx God!

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2022, 10:39:41 AM »

Deafness don’t help, my worse tinnitus is in my deaf ear. Medical community is poor help. This video thing helped a little bit but not enough for me to keep doing it. It’s rough today so I’ll probably look at the video and try it again
John
MGNOC L-471
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here