General Category > General Discussion

I need to learn how to….

<< < (5/5)

Motormike:

--- Quote from: blackcat on May 21, 2022, 05:08:41 PM ---Just buy an old British bike. Everything else will seem simple reliable by comparison.

--- End quote ---
Fixed it for ya!  :grin:

blackcat:

--- Quote from: nc43bsa on May 21, 2022, 06:33:32 PM ---What?

Old British bikes are about as simple as a motorcycle can get.  Points ignition, carb, 4-speed transmission, chain drive.

A monkey with a Crescent wrench and a hammer can work on a Triumph or BSA.

--- End quote ---

Yes, on a Monday. Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday there will be problems to solve so maybe a ride on Friday. Next week it will be fine…..the following week, who knows.  My point is that working on a British bike can be difficult even with their simplicity. And I rarely talk to a British bike owner who runs points and have either moved to Mikuni’s or Amal Premiers. 

Motormike:
I've read enough Peter Egan to know I'd never own a Norton, even though I think they are the best looking Brit bike ever made.

Huzo:

--- Quote from: Motormike on May 22, 2022, 06:26:19 PM ---I've read enough Peter Egan to know I'd never own a Norton, even though I think they are the best looking Brit bike ever made.

--- End quote ---
I reckon a well fettled original T120 Bonneville is as pretty as they get, but to actually go somewhere, a T160 Trident goes close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version