General Category > General Discussion

Whatcha Workin' On ?

<< < (15/21) > >>

Beowulf:

Been redoing a 2006 Mini Cooper 6 speed manual supercharger. New timing chain, cylinder head and gasket, supercharger service, new fly wheel and clutch (stage three) stainless headers, 15 percent reduction super charger pulley, lightened crank pulley, titanium replacement fasteners for fun (why not) anyways finishing up awaiting a shipment of a couple gaskets and such.

Finished a 2007 turbo Mini Cooper earlier this year.

kballowe:

A bit of brake caliper repair. today  Ordered a new rotor.  Mounted a new tire.
Not mine, just helping out a friend.

egschade:
Sealing my V85TT wheels and mounting new tires. Using marine caulk and 3M tape then mounting Pirelli Rally STRs.

json validator

lucian:
latest winter project,  restoring a vintage Nichols horizontal milling machine.

cliffrod:

--- Quote from: lucian on February 25, 2023, 07:52:36 AM ---latest winter project,  restoring a vintage Nichols horizontal milling machine.

--- End quote ---

That looks great, sir.  I’ve got some equipment waiting for similar attention someday. 

Right now while waiting for stone to arrive, I’m doing videos of accurately squaring a rough block of granite by hand with plumb blocks, straight edge and level for my YouTube Virtual Stone Carving Apprenticeship series-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_1Ai-Hj_MMN-dHVeTqtGRQF-EgBbTAql

This is a traditional exercise to train new people how to handle the tools and produce accurate surfaces, edges & corners.  Great practice and a very sublime result.  Hoping to finish side 4 this morning and side 5 this afternoon.

Then the cubed block will immediately be displayed for 6-8 wks in a gallery show as a piece of interactive realism sculpture entitled Kiku (Japanese for “Listen”).  many people claim or ask me if the stone speaks to me….  No.  It’s a piece of stone. 

So this block will provide such people opportunity to listen to the stone themselves to see what it says to them before I make something else from it for next year’s show.  Already have plans for it, based upon my apprenticeship adventure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version