General Category > General Discussion

Has This ADV Thing gotten out of hand?

<< < (3/9) > >>

Sheepdog:
Hey, Jim...I'll wager that SR400 would work well with a lighter hack. Sorta reminiscent of a BMW R-50 with a Cucumber Steib. Gearing would be a snap with chain drive...longer shocks/slip the triple-trees would quicken up the steering. It appears to have a full-loop frame...neuvo-Panther?

Doppelgaenger:
Yeah, but then you end up with yet another underpowered sidecar outfit that can barely break 50 mph, except it'd be a lot more reliable than the Royal Enfield crap coming out of India.

--- Quote from: Sheepdog on January 21, 2015, 07:19:27 PM ---Hey, Jim...I'll wager that SR400 would work well with a lighter hack. Sorta reminiscent of a BMW R-50 with a Cucumber Steib. Gearing would be a snap with chain drive...longer shocks/slip the triple-trees would quicken up the steering. It appears to have a full-loop frame...neuvo-Panther?

--- End quote ---

Crusty:

Has This ADV Thing gotten out of hand?

Yes it has. Freakin' two wheeled SUVs. and I bet not 5% of them ever see a dirt road. Flippin' lemmings following each other into the next fad.

Doppelgaenger:
My Breva has probably seen more dirt road than some stelvios.

btw, don't take a Breva 1100 on dirt, the sound coming from the carc is horrifying.

Tobit:
Actually, the LeMans IV isn't bad on dirt roads or even sand.  The clip-ons make things interesting but the chassis is certainly up for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version