General Category > General Discussion

Unintended results

(1/2) > >>

StuCorpe:
A friend gave me 4 LED replacement lamps for the turn signals on my 03 EV.  When I put them in found out I needed a different flasher to work with LED's.  Finally got around to installing the new flasher and was very surprised at the results.  No matter which direction I tried to signal I had 4 way flashers ??? !  Looked at schematics and found the mickey mouse way the turn signals were wired.  Removed the turn indicator lamp and turn signals operated normally but no longer any indication that they were on or flashing.  So I installed two more LED's on the dash and now have all LED turn signals with LED indicators.  Not sure what I am going to do with the now empty old turn indicator socket.

rodekyll:
"I use the stickies the latte lady plugs the cup lid with to cover those sorts of blemishes.  They come in shapes like cows and chickens and footballs, and add a festive color swatch to your drab dash."

--  Martha Stewart

John A:
That is a wonderful idea, Rodekyll ,I'm going to get me a bunch of them there stickers ! :PICS!:

rodekyll:
They also make good victory counters -- use the chicken for bird hits and the cow for furry critter hits and line them up on your fuselage like a fighter ace.

Kiwi_Roy:
The indicator lamp was drawing as much as the LED flashers ~100 milliamp, you could have installed an LED for that also.
However it's working now ;-T

These are the lamps I like, they are AC so no need to worry about polarity. I don't use lamp-holders just solder the wires to the leads, more reliable that way.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/instrument-cluster-gauge/194-led-bulb-1-led-wedge-base/197/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version