General Category > General Discussion

new v old

<< < (2/7) > >>

arveno:

--- Quote from: oldbike54 on January 22, 2015, 08:33:42 PM ---I've always been a bit dubious about the performance claims from that era . The Original V7 Sport cant have been much faster or quicker than a good R75/5 , maybe 107 mph .

Dusty

--- End quote ---

I can't say anything about the declared HP but i can tell for sure that the v7 sport was waay faster than the 75/5 ( i owned both ) and they are like night and day.

Regarding the max speed my V7 could reach easily the declared 200km/h.

oldbike54:

--- Quote from: arveno on January 22, 2015, 09:40:46 PM ---I can't say anything about the declared HP but i can tell for sure that the v7 sport was waay faster than the 75/5 ( i owned both ) and they are like night and day.

Regarding the max speed my V7 could reach easily the declared 200km/h.

--- End quote ---

I am just going by personal experience . At one time in the early '80s , was part of a small riding group that included an R75/5 , a really nice low mileage V7 Sport , an 850 Commando , and my slightly modded '77 T140V . They all possessed almost identical performance , dunno .

Dusty

arveno:
I have to admit i am biased when comparing guzzi with other bikes.... :) but the V7 120 mph declered were real

Never owned or ever ridden a british bike..tho.

arveno:

Allow me to share this beautiful pic ( imho )
Nico Cereghini ( Laverda)
V.Brambilla   ( guzzi )

Monza circuit .

kevdog3019:
It would have to be a very big hill for the current sb V7 to teach 120mph. It's more like 105-110. The currents are 38-40 rwhp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version