General Category > General Discussion

Condensed Milk (ngc, NOT AN OIL THREAD)

<< < (2/6) > >>

dlapierre:
 Is the powdered milk of the skim variety...no fat?
I was chatting with a dairy fellow recently about that and he said the powdered milk replacer they use for calves is pretty good and has fat in it. Might try that.
Once upon a time you could buy better quality powdered milk. I dunno why they now seem only produce the skim variety for people. ;)

rodekyll:
I've seen that powdered river herd -- dust in the wind, Dusty.  Dust in the wind.

We do the canned rather than powdered because it last longer on a shelf and in the go-kit.  It's generally good until the can rots.  Powdered isn't really 'dry' milk.  If you shrink wrap it, it turns into an insoluble lump, and if it doesn't it will when you unshrinkwrap it and the wet air marinates the powder.

oldbike54:
David , my great uncle Cyrus was killed in the great powdered cow war in 19 ought 7 . One little known fact is that the vast powdered cow herds of the Southern Zambezi region were seeded by the herds of the lower Powdered River in Oklahoma after the blight of 19 ought 9 wiped out the entire S.Z.R herd .

Dusty

bigbikerrick:
Man, one can sure tell we are in the middle of winter!  ;D......Not to worry, Guys , spring is just around the corner!   ::)
Rick.

not-fishing:
You're using the wrong "creamer" then again you're probably not Scotch-Irish.

May I suggest this or some other high volume, high proof, least expensive substitute.

Then add some - the cheapest substitute you can find:  

My recipe is in a large mug, three fingers of coffee, 5 Mississippi's of Scotch and a jigger of Bailey's.  Just don't operate power tools or drive machinery for a while after having coffee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version