Author Topic: Front brake cable holder  (Read 61 times)

Online Air-Cooled

• Gosling
Front brake cable holder
« on: Today at 07:52:39 PM »
I'm trying to find a wire/grommet cable holder for my V7 Sport (pic below is not my bike), and it appears OEM is not available. eBay has no used ones at this time either.  I did find a source that sells a similar one for old BMWs.  Does anyone here know if this might work, or even better, know of a source for an OEM pair?  Used is fine.

1973 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport, 2016 Moto Guzzi Stornello, 2023 Vespa Primavera

Online matt franklin

• New Egg
Re: Front brake cable holder
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:20:56 PM »
I think It's the same p/n as the loop frames:: 55 43 65 25.   You could probably make one pretty easily.  I think the big challenge would be to find the rubber grommet that fits into the wire loop.

Online AJ Huff

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:45:44 PM »
'71 Ambassador
'01 California Special
'05 Road King
MGNOC# L-753

Online Air-Cooled

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:47:59 PM »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:47:59 PM »

Online Air-Cooled

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:03:14 PM »
I think It's the same p/n as the loop frames:: 55 43 65 25.   You could probably make one pretty easily.  I think the big challenge would be to find the rubber grommet that fits into the wire loop.

I believe that all of the Ambassadors or Eldorado's had the all rubber guide that requires fender drilling (not 100% sure on that). Rubber grommets come in many many sizes so I don't think that would be a problem.  I don't think I'd be very good at making a wire one, especially since I don't have an original to pattern it from.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:03:47 PM by Air-Cooled »

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:49:23 PM »
I believe that all of the Ambassadors or Eldorado's had the all rubber guide that requires fender drilling (not 100% sure on that). Rubber grommets come in many many sizes so I don't think that would be a problem.  I don't think I'd be very good at making a wire one, especially since I don't have an original to pattern it from.

I've never seen a V700, Ambo or Eldo with that rubber guide from the factory. Every one I've seen has had the metal loop with grommet inside.
Charlie

Online Air-Cooled

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:57:44 PM »
Thanks for the info Antietam!  I owned a police Eldo for a few years and it had the all-rubber ones. I guess I'll just keep checking eBay and maybe try out the BMW ones.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here