Author Topic: Huzo on tour!  (Read 27818 times)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Huzo on tour!
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2019, 09:34:47 AM »
The 5 year old Tom Tom That I’ve used for everything finally became un readable due to a shagged and almost opaque screen.
Removing the plastic cover reveals a display that is as good as the day it was built, but one cannot use the touch screen, so on with the spare.
I knew I’d left the mount at home, so had to rig this up.
There’s a reason why  I didn’t get it replaced before I left, but it’s boring.

Also thought I might indulge in a bit of hero worship, so I went to Tavullia.

<br /
Also when coming back down from the upstairs display room at VR46, I lightly bumped my head on a beam.
The concerned staff asked if I was ok, and I said I would like to see the “Doctor..”
They all laughed, (for some reason...)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:36:49 AM by Huzo »

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2019, 10:49:47 AM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Man, I am going to see if I can peel the screen on my old 765 Garmin.  I fried it a few times trying to use it in a tank bag plastic window compartment.  Still works, just can't see the screen well.  Mmm.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2019, 12:16:00 PM »
The 5 year old Tom Tom That I’ve used for everything finally became un readable due to a shagged and almost opaque screen.
Removing the plastic cover reveals a display that is as good as the day it was built, but one cannot use the touch screen, so on with the spare.
I knew I’d left the mount at home, so had to rig this up.
There’s a reason why  I didn’t get it replaced before I left, but it’s boring.

Also thought I might indulge in a bit of hero worship, so I went to Tavullia.

<br /
Also when coming back down from the upstairs display room at VR46, I lightly bumped my head on a beam.
The concerned staff asked if I was ok, and I said I would like to see the “Doctor..”
They all laughed, (for some reason...)

You are officially part of the Tifosi now Huzo!  Nice joke there!!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »
Ok.
The sharp eyed among you will have noticed that I’ve put Italy in between Switzerland and Croatia, that was not originally the plan, but I did not want to get to Albania too soon.
I passed a V85 coming up out of Taranto to Rimini, it was a signature series Ronald Mc Donald one. It was on the gas around a bend and seemed to be tracking beautifully.
Funny thing..
In Italy, Guzzi rider’s don’t seem to pay any attention to other Guzzi riders.
I was parked at a servo gutsing myself when a guy pulled up next to me on one of those big California or Audace things. I didn’t expect him to fall at my feet and perform a lewd act on me, but he just got off and didn’t even look sideways.
I guess they are just not rare enough to be noteworthy.
I’m currently parked up at this place..

Got a nice site and will take a tour tomorrow in the bus...
Finding a park is horrendous and you only have to miss one turn and you’ll bloody well find yourself on an Autostrada heading out of the city with nowhere to turn around for 15 km..!
I will take heaps of shots and post them.
BTW..
I’m reminded of how clever the people of Venice are by the old adage..
“We’re it not for Venetians..
It’d be curtains for us all...!”
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:39:58 PM by Huzo »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »

Offline Larry

• Gosling
  • Escape Reality At Any Cost I Say
    • Melbourne West Church
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
Goodness you're covering some ground Huzo.
We're currently in Targu Mures after travelling up from the infamous Bran Castle today. 200k which is normal for us.
We'll hand around here tomorrow then onto Sebes at the top of Transalpina Highway which I'm hoping to traverse but I'm doubtful it's open.
Will you be getting over to Bulgaria?  If you do be sure to drop into MotoCamp Bulgaria http://motosapiens.org/motocamp/Info

2002 Stone 1100 - Gone
2005 Breva 1100 - Gone
2012 Stelvio 1200 8V ABS - Gone
2013 Sport 1200 8V ABS - Current

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2019, 03:12:02 AM »
Yeah will certainly be going through there coming down from Romania to Greece.
I went through Sebes in 2017 on the Transfagarasan trip.
Why not go to Sibiu and go down the DN7c to Pitesti on the Transfagarasan ? I’m about to leave Venice, do you want me to come over there for a coffee ?
It’s a quiet 1000 k on a good day...
Where will you be in a couple of days ?
I have a great idea..!
In 2017 I stayed at a crazy blokes Hotel just outside Craiova,
Great food, room and no charge..!
Wanna’ meet there ?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:18:12 AM by Huzo »

Offline Larry

• Gosling
    • Melbourne West Church
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2019, 04:15:59 AM »
Our plan is to stay tomorrow night in Sebes, it's already booked. Then we could do the Transfagarasan on the 26th to Pitesti which is about 225k. The problem would be that it's on a Sunday and apparently the worst day to do it because of the traffic, although it's not 'in the season' yet so may not be too bad.
That would put us in Craiova just before lunch on Monday 27th. Or anywhere along the route from Pitesti to Drobeta-Turnu Severin.
How would that fit.

On another note, we stopped at MotoCamp Bulgaria and I ripped the tank off the Sport and found that I could pivot the air box up and  out of the way by removing the bracket that holds it to where the rear of the tank is held down - an easy sort to a usually difficult situation.
It was the oil pressure sensor all right. How nuts is that. Check my fix with JB Weld inside the shroud and epoxy glue outside. I can't see any weeping yet but its only been 650k so we'll see.

upload

2002 Stone 1100 - Gone
2005 Breva 1100 - Gone

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2019, 04:39:39 AM »

Morning H

Whats the white stuff on the ground, it looks suspiciously like snow - but is it really?
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline Larry

• Gosling
    • Melbourne West Church
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2019, 05:07:51 AM »
Ok Huzo.
Please just add 1 day to all those dates I just gave you. I've been on the road too long and lost track of time.
2002 Stone 1100 - Gone
2005 Breva 1100 - Gone

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2019, 08:00:04 AM »
Ok Huzo.
Please just add 1 day to all those dates I just gave you. I've been on the road too long and lost track of time.
I’ll firm up the date/time for the Craiova thing tomorrow night.
Sounds very doable though.
Here is the location and a street view of the place.

caricare immagini

Also there’s a story I did for a magazine which I posted here.
There is mention of the place and I’ve posted that part here.
If you read the middle bit it’ll give you some idea.

Keep me in the loop as to when you will be there and I’ll meet you for one of his fabulous teas and an evening in room #9... :kiss: :wink:
I had two 15 litre drums of home made soup, sausages that looked like something from a John Holmes or Ron Jeremy movie with mashed spud up to your eyeballs and enough of the best bloody cabbage and pumpkin to sink the Bismark...(again).
Oh, and BTW..
No charge for the tucker OR the room... :bow: :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:17:43 AM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2019, 08:16:11 AM »
Morning H

Whats the white stuff on the ground, it looks suspiciously like snow - but is it really?
Ahhh..
The old “white stuff on the ground after a camping trip, question eh...?
(You sound like my ex wife..)
Nothing that good, it’s some crap that blows off the trees and gets everywhere but up your blurter...!
I’m gunna’ take a mirror off the Norge and launch an investigation on that one...!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:27:54 AM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2019, 08:26:26 AM »
Ok Huzo.
I thought you had it right but anyway, I’ll be there if you wish and we’ll get on the piss...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:55:40 AM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2019, 08:51:45 AM »
Those Venetians have got more culture than a penicillin factory..
Cop an optic on this.

Do you think 140 horse, is enough to push a 16’ boat around the canals of Venice @ 10 mph ?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:58:05 AM by Huzo »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2019, 05:21:53 PM »
We loved Venice Huzo.  Spent about 4.1/2 days there and loved it.  Most of the time spent spent exploring where the tourists weren't present. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »
We loved Venice Huzo.  Spent about 4.1/2 days there and loved it.  Most of the time spent spent exploring where the tourists weren't present. :thumb:

You didn't consider yourself a tourist, Muzz?   :popcorn:

Offline TimmyTheHog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2019, 07:15:03 PM »

he is a Mo"tourist"...I will show myself out...
 :boozing:
love the pictures, keep them coming  :evil:
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2019, 10:17:48 AM »
https://youtu.be/p-_mav0kw44
Some history makes a trip like yours even more interesting .  It amazes me to realize just how soaked in blood and misery the ground we tread on is.  I appreciate the way we live now because of the sacrifice of these many people.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2019, 02:06:21 AM »
Yes mate, I should try to get a bit of culture up me.
You can smell the history in the place, it really is a marvellous joint.
Today I’m back in Como and I’m going to get the oil’s changed in the bike tomorrow., it’s done just shy of 10,000 so far so is now due and I just didn’t want to be in Slovakia or somewhere like that with the mechanic swinging on the end of a 1 metre lever whilst trying to get the sump plug undone...(which he thinks might be a left hand thread..)
Pure fantasy I’ll admit, but these things have a habit of coming true at the worst times. Also I noticed just a very light smattering of some contaminant on the rear rim that had attracted dust and I would like to get the boys to check the state of the seal in the CARC.

I bumped into this bloke on the autostrada and we stopped for a coffee, he was utterly enamoured with his Guzzi which he’s owned from new and showed me the original purchase documents (for some reason..?)
I knew he was a bit unusual when I saw the colour of his helmet... :rolleyes:
Anyway while looking around his bike I noticed the rear tyre head a very nice sheen to it and felt moved to test it with my hand, the entire rear tyre was as greasy as a butcher’s dick except for a strip about 2” wide in the middle.
The guy looked nonplussed when I suggested it might be the oil that was coming from underneath and blowing back with the wind, he said it would be fine because the Moto Guzzi was “for sure bellissimo” or something similar...
Unable to resist, I slid under and was treated to the sight of a tsunami like torrent of oil coming from between the engine and gearbox, (rear main..?).
He seemed unconcerned as he was only going from Udine to Rome...!
I suggested that he be careful when leaning over more than 0.5 degrees and was treated to a Homer Simpson like, blank stare.
I then looked at him and just said...Prudenzia, which I think he took on board..
He then blasted off and leaned the darn thing over to the point where he almost had his knee down..!
Dunno how they do it..

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2019, 02:54:57 PM »
.....Dunno how they do it..
[/quote]

I used to ride with a Swiss fellow.  At points, leaned over in a curve, when I felt close to death, he would be lifting his foot off the inside peg of his LM1 so he could increase his lean/speed thru the apex.  The footpegs on his bike were worn thru.  Dunno how they do it.

G
Midnight bugs taste best

Offline Moz

• Gosling
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2019, 08:15:50 PM »
Great stuff Huzo - keep 'em coming..  :laugh:
'82 le mans iii
'08 cafe's bellagio
'20 V85TT

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2019, 01:33:22 AM »
I’m going to leave Monti’s at Como now and head around to Mandello.
I want the oils changed as mentioned and will need to do the sad puppy eye thing if I’m to be attended to in the short term. Last time I did this, they just pushed everything aside and catered  to me, but you cannot expect that to happen all the time..
We shall see.
8.30 am in heaven...

And while you were away.......Mandello del Lario.

Well folks it’s happened again, rocked up to Agostini’s at 9.30 with a hole full of soap, (scuzzi, soul full of hope.. :embarrassed:).
Stefan recognised me and after 5 seconds pulled my name out of his blurter which absolutely surprised me.
I only met him once on the day when I had the ride on the V85, I must admit I had to dig in my brain for his name for about 10 minutes on the way there, so I would be able to greet him appropriately.
Anyway, he’s young I guess but an asset to that place. Just so damn cool...
So I told him that the Norge had put 10,000 k under the wheels thus far and would it be possible to have the oil changed in the engine as a priority and if there was enough of a hole that could be made in the (already full) schedule, could the gearbox and CARC be done too.
He apologetically said that he could not do it immediately, but if I wished to help myself to their facilities or stroll around to the coffee shop in the square, he would have it done within the hour..!
Talk about shit service.. :rolleyes:
He asked was there anything else and I indicated the issue that I thought I might have inherited with the CARC, re the minute spotting onto the rim.
The main man came up from the workshop to have a look and suggested that the CARC was absolutely fine and I thought I’d indulge in a bit of conventional wisdom and agree.
I bet the chief mechanic at Agostini’s was relieved that an itinerate Australian motorcycle tourist, concurred with his diagnosis...! :wink: :rolleyes:
So anyway, he jumped aboard MY bike and disappeared into the bowels of the place.
Now, it would not matter if V Rossi and G Agostini themselves jumped on my bike and rode off two up, I still feel bereft when I see someone else riding it !
Probably akin to your partner being taken to “dinner” by Ron Jeremy, she might be in expert hands but you’d prefer to be the one in the drivers seat.. :sad:
Now I know all this is a bit old hat, but here is a sample of some of the goodies in and around Agostini’s.

Also, while we’re on the topic..(which we weren’t.)
Those engine protection bars on the Breva or Sport are nicely made, but the rear mount utilises two of the threaded holes used to nip the rocker covers down, and it all seems a bit frail to me, if those bars were used in anger, I think those bolts would tear out and you’d be in shit street, because it’d more than likely pull that part of the casting away, new head required.
It’s not all bad news though.
Where the back end of the bar wraps around to catch the rocker cover bolts, it could easily pass right through and connect to the one on the opposite side.
That’d be better actually, also would pass the forces of the impact through, to share with the other side and be much more robust..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:48:24 AM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »
I bumped into these guys as I was leaving Agostini’s.
I still LOVE those V11 things, but I’ve gotta’ admit, in my opinion the work trimming away some of the bodywork on the Centauro has done nothing to make it uglier..!

BTW.
Here’s a 10,000 k Michelin Pilot 5

immagini upload

It’ll do 18 - 20 I reckon.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2019, 04:40:38 PM »

We did the tourist spots Dave, well, you gotta, but to actually get the feel of Venice we then tried to spend as much time away from the raging masses.

I remember coming out of some back street, and in front of us on the main road was just a wall of people.  I don't think many ventured off the main thoroughfares.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2019, 06:56:46 AM »
Saw a sign today and had to think..
“Jeez, I knew no one liked him but that’s a bit rough...!”
Has to be PM only.
Giz a hoi if you want to see it.. :evil: :evil:
Also, here’s the reason I’m going to South of France /Spain as we speak..

Versus

A slam dunk..!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:07:52 AM by Huzo »

Offline Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2019, 07:41:30 AM »
Huzo,  I have been enjoying this thread very much!  Thanks for taking the time to post all of this! 
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2019, 07:48:15 AM »
I didn't catch it if you already stated it somewhere so excuse me, but D-day's 75th anniversary is coming up starting the 5th-6th of June.  They are planning a big event since most of these guys are already gone.  I piece of history you might be able to see reenacted.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2019, 09:43:05 AM »
Huzo,  I have been enjoying this thread very much!  Thanks for taking the time to post all of this!
Thank you David..
Always happy to talk about myself. :wink:

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2019, 09:51:59 AM »
I didn't catch it if you already stated it somewhere so excuse me, but D-day's 75th anniversary is coming up starting the 5th-6th of June.  They are planning a big event since most of these guys are already gone.  I piece of history you might be able to see reenacted.
Got no idea where I’ll be mate, but I usually firm things up with a couple of days to go.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2019, 11:39:40 AM »
Also oi reckon..
Some of you Pommy blokes orta’ get together and we can organise a date to meet somewhere in UK, and we should all go for a little ride around June 25- 30..?

Offline Glawster

• New Egg
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2019, 11:44:11 AM »
Also oi reckon..
Some of you Pommy blokes orta’ get together and we can organise a date to meet somewhere in UK, and we should all go for a little ride around June 25- 30..?

I'll be up for that if the V85 arrives, but the dealer's stopped returning my calls...
1955 Falcone Sport
1973 V7 Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1955 Moto Parilla Turismo Special

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here