Author Topic: Rear/wheel tire size and recommendtion for 84 V65C to SP  (Read 607 times)

Offline giusto

• Gaggle Hero
  • Giusto il canne del Como
    • photobucket
Rear/wheel tire size and recommendtion for 84 V65C to SP
« on: May 12, 2018, 07:26:58 AM »
Good morning and for those of you down under or east west ....good evening happy tomorrow or yesterday

I\We are replacing the rear tire on my son's 84 V65C. we have had it a few years and it's due.
The original shop manual spec's rear tire...tyre :) as 130/90 16 though it's actually not listed in the shop manual...( I have the original sales flyer that came with the bike and it specs the 130/ 90 V 16) it specs the V65 and V65Sp not the C....though the designation for the 35 and 50 C shows a 16...it all makes sense as the C designation (Cruiser has that low rear end look)...finally here's the question...can the 65C take a 18" rear wheel and tire with no mods?....it seems so...everything looks similar for the V65 and 65 SP...has anyone out there tried this? and of course the tire recommendations would be helpful with source. Thanks...

oh and if possible and someone has an 65SP rear wheel I have $$ and or trade stock :)

Thanks to all

Giusto
2020 V 85 TT Travel
76 V1000 Convert Mr. Slate
76 V1000 Convert...in restoration process
2008 Norge Mia
2007 Breva
66 Benelli 125
68 Gilera 106
è il viaggio non la destinazione che è importante

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Rear/wheel tire size and recommendtion for 84 V65C to SP
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 07:59:38 AM »
Yes, 18's work. Watch the fender on a C.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here