Author Topic: Coleman minibikes for $89.00  (Read 1869 times)

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Re: Coleman minibikes for $89.00
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 09:13:22 PM »
I wonder if the current day Honda Monkey 125 is a way to re-live that youth  :bow:

You know...you can't ever go back, (IMHO), and like the Benelii TNT135, the Honda Monkey 125 is a cool little bikes, but on the street, I worry you would be very hard to see...and might get run over by some HUGE truck or SUV...Maybe just around town or the back roads..(???)

That being said, maybe a Royal Enfield Himalayan (full-size bike) might be a better option...Just my humble opinion...
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline 9fingers

• Gosling
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2022, 07:14:17 AM »
I personally think the Himalayan is a great bike. I probably would own one if it were not for my legs....at 6'1" my knees hit directly onto the tank crease. And it's not really a small bike....just doesn't fit me. For those who care the bike was designed, at least visually....not sure about technically, but Ducati's main designer. And I think it looks super cool. If they would bump it up to a 500 I would probably grab one. But there is a 650 twin coming with some ADV design built in and also rumors of a water cooled 450 ADV bike that is more modern. But I like the simplicity of the current 411. As long as you are not in a hurry it seems that bike will go almost anywhere.
Scott
Current bikes:
V7 III Special - Sophia
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 Bullet - Guinevere
Suzuki V Strom 650 - Rita
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL250 custom
Honda TL125
Yamaha TY350

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2022, 08:08:10 AM »
QUOTEI personally think the Himalayan is a great bike. I probably would own one if it were not for my legs....at 6'1" my knees hit directly onto the tank crease. And it's not really a small bike....just doesn't fit me.

9fingers - Understood - - I am only 5' 8" with a 30" inseam...so this bike would fit me perfectly...(just sayin') :wink: :thumb: :cool:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2022, 08:22:19 AM »
Some way cool vintage RUPP mini-bikes coming up for auction next weekend at MECUM in Vegas! :thumb:

I had a Rupp mini-bike like this one:

They were made in Ohio and marketed in bicycle shops. I actually had two Rupp’s and the first one was the stripped down bike with no headlight and it was stolen from our garage, then I got the above model but didn’t ride it as much as the first bike.  It would be fun to have it now but the prices of these bikes have raised substantially over the years.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2022, 08:22:19 AM »

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2022, 08:37:01 AM »
I rode one of those Monkeys.  It's pretty cool - but 40mph feels like 80 on a regular size bike.

That new Honda Trail 125 might be interesting.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here