Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033547 times)

Offline Richiez22908

• Hatchling
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #3390 on: May 30, 2022, 09:37:27 AM »
So happy to be here... and finally on a Guzzi!

Richie down in South Florida. Play guitar(badly), husband and father of two wonderful kids(but I am biased) lucky to have great friends and an amazing wife that actually pushed me to get this bike.

I'll turn 50 in January and bought my 50th present early. A V7 Sport from my birth year(actually was built in November of 72).

I've had Harleys(one for a loooong time) and stopped riding when my daughter was born 14 years ago. My old riding buddies gave me a loaner for Biketoberfest a couple years back and I was back in the saddle... bought a Ducati Scrambler 1100 not long after. Loved that bike but always wanted a real old Italian, like me... and cannot believe I actually have this bike. I get "goose" bumps every time I walk over to it.

It came with the original manual and workshop manual... I plan on grabbing Guzziology. I'd love advice on any good other shop manuals, as I'd like to do all the maintenance(and any repair work that arises) myself.

When I am not on it, I'll be browsing around here, learning and absorbing all I can.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 09:42:24 AM by Richiez22908 »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3391 on: May 30, 2022, 10:39:40 AM »
Welcome Richie, Nice Sport!!
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Richiez22908

• Hatchling
« Reply #3392 on: May 30, 2022, 11:46:00 AM »
Welcome Richie, Nice Sport!!

Thank you!!

Offline Fodbin

• New Egg
« Reply #3393 on: June 01, 2022, 02:05:42 AM »
Hi Fodbin here, thanks for admitting me to the group.

Retired Financial planner

Living in Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia

Just bought a 1990 Mille Gt from USA

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3393 on: June 01, 2022, 02:05:42 AM »

Offline Hasaf

• New Egg
« Reply #3394 on: June 06, 2022, 08:06:29 PM »
Robert Crawford
Age 55
I am a middle school teacher in South West Kansas. I teach Computer Applications, Personal Finance, Robotics, and Programming (well, we use Arduinos, but it is still programming).

I got rid of my last motorcycle, a Yamaha V-Star, when I was out of the country from about 2006 - 2014. Then recently the bug bit again.

I went out and got a used BMW f650cs. My wife was not pleased. Finally, it came out that she was not against a motorcycle, she was just unhappy that I got an old motorcycle. So she encouraged me to look around. I will say it, the V7 Stone E5 looks very attractive.

I am sure people here will know if I decide to get one.

Offline Sparky7760

• New Egg
« Reply #3395 on: June 12, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »

Offline Stuarto72

• New Egg
  • Gort: Klatu Brarda Nikto
« Reply #3396 on: June 14, 2022, 06:16:59 PM »
Stuart Ostroff, 73 YO, live in Richmond, VA.  Presently ride a 2021 V85TT, a Triumph Tiger 800, and a Yamaha Virago 1100 with a Dnepr sidecar (from Ukraine, not Russia).  I have had 5 Moto Guzzis, first was a 69 V700 to which I mounted a Jawa Velorex sidecar. 

Over the many years I have had 45 bikes, ranging from a Dunstall Dominator Atlas 750 purchased in London, an FJR, 2 HD police bikes, 2 Buells, 5 BMWs including an RT-P police bike, Honda ST1300, and more . . . . .

After 50 years in industry designing and building special machinery I find myself semi-retired, an adjunct instructor at a local Community College teaching mechanical engineering courses, process control and robotics. 

Also involved with Iron Butt Assoc since 2002, done many Saddle Sore Ride, and most recently a Bun Burner 1500, riding from Richmond to Denver in 35 hrs. 
Dunstall Norton (1969)
44 bikes since 1966
Numerous Police Bikes
5 Moto Guzzis, V85TT
Triumph Tiger 800
Virago 1100/Dnepr Rig

Offline KevinCTofel

• New Egg
    • AboutChromebooks.com
« Reply #3397 on: June 20, 2022, 08:26:15 AM »
Hey Guzzi Gang! Glad to be here. I’m Kevin C. Tofel from Harleysville, PA. I’m an independent tech blogger and student of computer science / programming. I only started riding recently, learning on a 2021 Honda PCX scooter that bought this year. I put 900 miles on it since February and took my MSF course last month with my son. He bought a 2014 Suzuki Burgman 200 scooter that I owned but barely used for the last 3 years.

Of course, once we passed our test in the MSF course, we got the need to go with manual bikes.  :cheesy: So he immediately bought a Kawasaki Z400. I do like my little PCX but it’s not keeping up with him and we like to ride together. After weeks of searching for decent used bikes, I stumbled onto 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 with 3,800 miles and, after review and a test ride, I rode it home this weekend! (Sorry PCX: You served me well but you’re going up for sale now)

I’ll be taking it easy on the roads (and doing TONS of practice) as I transition because this is a huge change. I’m 5’5” on a good day and 145 pounds; this is a lot of bike for me. More than enough than I’ll ever need. So far though, I’m thrilled with the Guzzi. Looking forward to learning more about it, wrenching around and becoming a better rider.

Cheers!

Offline MTHaas

• New Egg
« Reply #3398 on: June 20, 2022, 11:50:36 AM »

Greetings from Upstate SC. Been playing with motorcycles for 40+ years. Always had a soft spot for Guzzis. Inherited a very rough maybe 67 V700 in 93. eventually had to let it go, lack of support capital.
Had another 67 V700 stalk me on Craigslist in 2015, while in Ft Myers FL for a few months. Inevitably it followed me home.  Did minor mods and upgrades.
I adopted a 08(?) Nevada that my son rebuilt with a V7 sport tank with external fuel pump and Laced on 18"wheels. Lately I am developing a relationship with a 2021 V85TT Travel that I just bought.

Offline cbevis

• New Egg
« Reply #3399 on: June 23, 2022, 10:50:01 AM »
Apologies...I posted a question prior to reading and following the instructions...

Hi there.  My name is Chris Bevis, mid-40's, from Minnesota, i'm an architectural consultant...and I like doing silly things with motorized vehicles.

The short list of projects in my garage at the moment aren't really relevant to a motorcycle forum, so i'll keep that part of my introduction brief:
1966 Volvo Amazon - currently installing a Mercedes M113 5L V8 and a Chrysler NSG370 6-speed transmission.
1970 Volvo 164 - finished a 100% mechanical restoration a couple years ago and now I just drive it.  I love straight 6's and manuals!!
1980 Volvo 262 C Bertone - I swapped an old SBC 350, into this car over a decade ago, and recently axed the ol' slushbox 4-speed auto for a 5-speed manual.  Lowered, tucked, everything is a solid mount...tons of fun for a mid-20s - early-30s driver.  Now I'm mid-40s and the car is super uncomfortable to drive, lol...i'm putting all the rubber back into this car as we 'speak.'
1988 Chevy Suburban - lifted on cheap 4" springs...bought it as an overlander, but haven't really done anything with it yet.  LOTS to do to get it ready. Axle swap with portal rebuilds, ax the 4" brodozer springs for a legitimate 2" lift, ditch the TBI 350 for a 4-cylinder diesel, racks, bars, outfitting, all the things...to be continued.
2006 Volvo V70R - daily driver...that I do stuff to for no other reason than to drive the rest of the local Volvo community crazy. The latest project was installing a custom roof rack that just pisses everyone off...

OTher than that...as far as motorcycles go....my dad had dozens growing up, as well as a bunch of really cool Cushman scooters, but i've only ever had one bike. 

1980 Honda CX500.  I got it in pieces (1,153, but who's counting?) from a guys garage who's Craigslist add was litterally "Get it the F!@# out of my garage..."  I show up at this guy's place, he opens the garage door, and the thing was packed top to bottom with crap.  He says "there's about 6 bikes worth of parts in there, whatever looks like it belongs to a Honda...take it."

Took a year and a half, but I eventually got a running bike out of it.  Really wish i'd never sold the thing....

Anyhoo...that's me!  Currenntly looking at a '94 California...finger s crossed!

Offline rrojaswahl

• New Egg
« Reply #3400 on: June 28, 2022, 09:36:23 PM »
Roy Rojas Wahl, best :-) customer of Piaggio group: 1985 Vespa PX200E Lusso (still alive and running!!!), 2010 Moto Guzzi California Vintage (deceased & totaled by obnoxious car driver), and 2014 California 1400 Touring (still riding today)

Offline Nitro69

• New Egg
« Reply #3401 on: June 29, 2022, 07:44:56 PM »
Hi Every one..........thanks for adding me.
My Name is Dino, I am 52 years of age
I live in beautiful Western North Carolina

Bike inventory: 1992 ZX Ninja (first bike)
                        1998 Buell S1W White lighting
                         2002 MG V11 Lemans
                         2009 HD  CVO Springer
                          2010  MV Agusta F4 (Custom Cafe racer)
                           2014 Husky FE501
                            2023 Stark Varg (waiting on delivery)

wife's Inventory:  2009 KLX250sf
                                                       2013 MG V7 racer
                              Kids Inventory:  Oset 16.5
                                                       Yam TTR50
                                                        Yam  TTR90
                                                       Kawasaki KLX250S....2ea.

Hobbies........To many to list.

Offline bikeguy2

• New Egg
« Reply #3402 on: July 03, 2022, 01:47:37 PM »
Goot Morning. Tim, 62, retired HD Mech from Vernon BC.  Whilst there are 6 or 7 bikes in the garage (usually old beemers, some japanese) this will be mine first M.G. I joined here because of the resource. So, thanks! for being here all you bonafides and esp the founder/operator of the site.
Cheers tim

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3403 on: July 03, 2022, 01:53:17 PM »
What kind of Guzzi does a H-D Mech ride Tim, it's afternoon here.

Offline Iron Cross Junction

• Gosling
« Reply #3404 on: July 04, 2022, 07:19:02 AM »
What kind of Guzzi does a H-D Mech ride Tim, it's afternoon here.

Good question, Steve.

I also wondered about Sig. Tofel, who hails  from Harleysville, Pa.!

Several interesting additions to membership recently, e.g. Roy Wahl's, with a running ’85 Vespa.  :bow:

Bill
Bill Hagan

Proud Member of Moto Guzzi's Envy-of-the-Industry Post-Sale R&D Program!

1998 V11 EV [98 EV]
2004 V11 Ballabio, Sold; sigh
2007 Norge [NORJ], Sold; sigh
2010 Griso [GRISO]
2016 Stornello [BEATA]
2017 V7 III [RADOŚĆ]

Offline Bull Tahr

• New Egg
    • My YouTube channel
Greetings from Down Under
« Reply #3405 on: July 11, 2022, 11:14:57 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Late 50's , Ex "Midfield" racer, back on bikes after a 30 year hiatus.......
Formed a riding group in my town, most of us are Grey hairs that are trying to re-living our youth! :angel: :angel: :angel:
I love all Italian bikes
Current bikes: Ducati Multistrada 2004 and a 1997 Guzzi 1100 Sport IE.
There are more Guzzis in our area than I realized, so will add some group ride pics in due course...........
Bull
Utrinque Paratus

On the Face: Dusty Visor Motorcycles

Offline tngarren

• New Egg
« Reply #3406 on: July 15, 2022, 05:27:27 PM »

New member: Terrell Garren, 63, retired military, North Carolina.  Dreamed of owning a Guzzi for many years.
US Army Retired
'19 Low Rider for therapy, '17 Multistrada for thrill, '14 Valk for both
I've disliked Hodakas since 1970

Offline ELIMINATOR

• New Egg
« Reply #3407 on: July 19, 2022, 02:22:33 PM »
Hi,

Trev Jenkins.

Hampshire, England

Quality control

Moto Guzzi 3 1000cc 36MM carbs, Digiplex

Offline redride

• New Egg
« Reply #3408 on: July 21, 2022, 10:10:28 AM »
Hello all

Aman Dhaliwal

SW Ontario

Engineer, tinkerer

750 Breva
ride on gas, but the smiles are free

Offline SlowSpeed

• New Egg
« Reply #3409 on: July 22, 2022, 02:23:44 PM »
"God bless all here....."

Retired Marine Engineer and Class Surveyor, (an Inspector of Ships' Hull & Machinery).

At age 71, I set out to take up motorcycling.  In the space of six days, I took the MSF Safety Course, I got the "M" on my license, and I took delivery of a '98 Moto Guzzi V-11 Bassa.   It took me another month to figure out how to drive it safely.  Four years on I have put more than 18,000 miles on it.   Love that machine, but it is the only motorcycle that I've ever known.

'98 Moto Guzzi V-11 Bassa

Offline baxterday

• New Egg
« Reply #3410 on: July 25, 2022, 10:32:25 AM »
Bill Baxter, I live in Ellijay Georgia and have been riding Guzzi's since 1993, when I bought a LeMans SE.  We currently have four, a Lario, V7 III racer, LeMans IV and a SPIII I just picked up in Oklahoma City on this past Friday.  Married with 5 kids who all live at home. 

Offline sea_scum

• New Egg
« Reply #3411 on: August 01, 2022, 04:54:01 AM »
Hello to everyone,
My name's Artem, 34 y.o.
Currently i live in Bulgaria and this is my recently acquired '78 SP1000.

Offline Ryan

• Gosling
« Reply #3412 on: August 03, 2022, 08:55:59 AM »
Nice bike!

Offline Redracechris36

• New Egg
« Reply #3413 on: August 11, 2022, 07:28:48 PM »
Hello all:
Chris
52 years old
Director for Biologics for a large CRO
Just purchased a 2013 Norge GT. Sold a Ducati 620 Dark for this MG. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

Offline cgsctk

• New Egg
« Reply #3414 on: August 11, 2022, 08:10:41 PM »
Howdy all!
Philipp; mid-30s; east Bay Area, CA
Currently own a 2007 Breva 1100 (image to prove that with bungee straps, all things are possible)

Offline TurcoLoco

• New Egg
« Reply #3415 on: August 14, 2022, 04:13:24 PM »
Hello,

I thought I went thru registering and introducing myself to a few MG forums but I guess I missed the introduction part on this one!
Anyhow, I bought a 2017 Stelvio in early 2019, had the 600-mile service done, removed CA canister couple of years back. Installed Fuel Optimisers (02 sensor hack).
I have been doing the fluid flushes myself using good stuff and the bike has been running great.

:thumb:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:14:06 PM by TurcoLoco »

Offline Gustav

• New Egg
« Reply #3416 on: August 16, 2022, 07:03:18 AM »
Hello, this is my introduction. Screen name is Gustav, that is the poodles name, My name is Paul. Recently bought a 2007 Nevada Classic, which is having starting issues, as I've read some of these "modern bikes" have. Hope to get it fixed soon. Re-tired, now part-time staff at church. Age is 70, still  with original wife. Have wanted a Guzzi for the past 45 years, figured now or never. Life is good, thank you all for having me. Paul

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3417 on: August 16, 2022, 09:50:39 AM »
Hey Paul, I used to go to Dale's in Rock Island pretty often in the 80's when I farmed south of DeKalb, IL

Offline Gustav

• New Egg
« Reply #3418 on: August 16, 2022, 04:09:08 PM »
   Thanks Steve. Yes sir, I remember Dale's Ducati, a true Ma & Pa shop. Every time I'm in R.I., I think about Dale and his family. Paul

Offline faber75

• New Egg
« Reply #3419 on: August 18, 2022, 08:39:09 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm fabio from Italy, I am a CAD designer.
2006 Breva V1100

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here