Author Topic: Stelvio 2013 Tail light wiring  (Read 1962 times)

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
Stelvio 2013 Tail light wiring
« on: May 22, 2015, 11:34:01 AM »
Ciao Ragazzi

I want to mount some Skenedesign Photon Blaster (what a name) to the license plate of my wife's Stelvio NTX because the taillight/brake light difference is minimal, especially in sunny conditions. I like the flashing start of the brake light sequence and got some Skenedesign LEDs. I first thought to tap into the wiring right behind the taillight but noticed that this area is not staying dry. I checked the wire colours of the wire going into the taillight and found I need blue, yellow and yellow green. So far so good I went to the cable assembly right beside the little tray under the passenger seat and found 4 blue and 2 yellow cables. Only Luigi can wire something with 4 identical colours. The thing is now how do I figure out what blue and yellow wire in this bundle is for the tailight without pinching the insulation and check with a voltmeter? If anybody figured that one out would be very helpful.

When looking at the wiring diagram of the Service Manual I got blind, it is basically unreadable. Does anybody have a better diagram?

Last but not least I found a 16 pin (I believe) Molex connector with two pins shorted by a wire. What is this connector for?

I appreciate any help.

Chutchon
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

Offline Spuddy

• Gaggle Hero
  • Best Thing About A Mind Is Being Able To Change It
Re: Stelvio 2013 Tail light wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Pull off the tail light assembly and you'll see those colored wires that Blue is Ground, Yellow is Running light, Yellow/Green is Brake. The best I remember...
'13 Stelvio NTX
'07 California Vintage
'01 W650
'00 Quota 1100ES + Ural

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
On my 2009, yellow/green was brake lights.
Yellow/gray was taillight.
Blue was ground.
That was at the taillight.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »
Thank you, that helps.

I will use a better flashlight to see the difference in the yellow coloured wires. Yellow green is easy, I found that one, but the other 2 look just look like single color yellow.

If blue is ground than any of the 4 blue would do.

Chutchon
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »
Spuddy, Wayne

I connected the LEDs over the weekend (what an output, they are bright) and it was yellow for the tail light and yellow-green for the brake light. Blue for ground is a bit unusual but what is not unusual on a Guzzi?

Thanks again for the help. I saw the colours going into the light fixture but without a coloured schematic it is a bit difficult to identify what wire is for what function without trial and error.

Chutchon
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 11:29:03 AM »
Spuddy, Wayne

I connected the LEDs over the weekend (what an output, they are bright) and it was yellow for the tail light and yellow-green for the brake light. Blue for ground is a bit unusual but what is not unusual on a Guzzi?

Thanks again for the help. I saw the colours going into the light fixture but without a coloured schematic it is a bit difficult to identify what wire is for what function without trial and error.

Chutchon
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here