Author Topic: The race is on Concept 101 vs MGX 21  (Read 1312 times)

Offline not-fishing

• Gaggle Hero
The race is on Concept 101 vs MGX 21
« on: May 26, 2015, 03:18:06 PM »
BMW debuted its Concept 101 today at the Concorso d’Eleganza at Villa d’Este, Italy. Designed and built by BMW and Roland Sands Design, Concept 101 is touted as a touring motorcycle, a performance bagger powered by a six-cylinder, 1649cc engine teamed to a relaxed, all-day riding position.

There’s no doubt the Concept 101 targets the U.S. market as company PR states the 101 stands for the engine’s 101 cubic-inch size, “the American unit of measurement for cylinder capacity.” The press release further states it was built at the design studios of the BMW Group subsidiary Designworks in Newbury Park, California, just off historic Highway 101.

Newbury Park and Pasadena are 60 miles apart.....
Griso 1100
Rosso Corsa Lemans
1/2 a V50 III (with my son)
V65 SP - Finished but the Dyna died so it's non-op'd
'75 850T with sidecar - a new project and adventure

canuguzzi

Re: The race is on Concept 101 vs MGX 21
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 03:24:36 PM »
MGX21 is for a different riding style just from seeing the MGX21 in person and the pics of the Concept 101.

In the US, I doubt if the prices are within a few thousand that buyers would choose the MG over the BMW. The MGX21 has a more locomotive look to it. Chances are though, that the BMW is going to cost quite a bit more than the MG.

I did like the riding position of the MCX21 though, it seemed very comfortable but more for short rides, not something for longer hauls.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here