Author Topic: Who do we want to "menace"?  (Read 5586 times)

Penderic

Re: Who do we want to "menace"?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »
  :kiss:   Be one of us instead!

Oh No! Have you lost your "menacing" look?

Studs, knives, pins covered in rust?

Your goatee, ear and nose hair turned white?

15 minute bike rides to the next rest stop routine now?

Well then, ta da, its time to move up to the next stage in your social standing!

Get grouchy!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 01:28:33 PM by Penderic »

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
Probably the boy-foot bear with teaks of Chan.

I know where you got that one, Bullwinkle!
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »
You can't ride a hack and be menacing or looking bad.  People will still come up to you.   :wink:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2017, 07:49:00 AM »
I know more than a few riders who are charter members of this illustrious club!! (LOL)  :laugh: :grin: :wink:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2017, 07:49:00 AM »

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2017, 08:52:22 AM »
I know more than a few riders who are charter members of this illustrious club!! (LOL)  :laugh: :grin: :wink:

My wife believes I graduated Phi Beta Kappa from that school...
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 01:16:20 PM »
Years ago I was on a trip in NSW with two friends, and we stopped at a cafe in Dunedoo for lunch. As we entered the café we clearly heard the waitress say "Look out, they're bikies!". All three of us we're more like Bill Nye than Butcher Bill.....

I started to giggle. Then it spread to Kev and Greg...and we had to walk out and properly laugh....
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Offline TodkaVonic

• Hatchling
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 02:55:13 PM »
A couple years back, just before closing time, I walked into a local jewelery store dressed in neck-to-toe black leathers. I was actively taking my full dark-visored helmet off as I entered and as I was doing so, I could see the sales lady behind the counter look at me, and, eyes still on me, deftly maneuver something which had been on the counter to under the counter where her hands remained. She was clearly nervous. I explained that I was there to pick up a ring which had been serviced. She relaxed a titch, but then, returning with ring, she was all smiles: Turns out she's the aunt of a good friend of mine from high school.
So I went from imminent threat, keep your finger on the alarm, don't make any sudden movements, oh please Jesus, I just started this job and I'm already involved in a burglery, to a good friend of the family, can you believe it! It's Eric's buddy from high school, I can't wait to tell him, in about 4 minutes.
2021 BMW R18 First Edition
2006 Ducati Sport Classic Paul Smart
1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »
A couple years back, just before closing time, I walked into a local jewelery store dressed in neck-to-toe black leathers. I was actively taking my full dark-visored helmet off as I entered and as I was doing so, I could see the sales lady behind the counter look at me, and, eyes still on me, deftly maneuver something which had been on the counter to under the counter where her hands remained. She was clearly nervous.

I would DEFINITELY move slowly, and not crack any easy-to-misunderstand jokes, while the clerk is looking nervously at you with their hands under the counter.   A silent alarm call, followed by feet-back-and-spread-'em, is probably the BEST of the potential outcomes there .....

It's strange that in the UK, where pay-at-the-pump is not as universal as it is here, my riding friends there are extremely cheesed off about the fact that many petrol stations require you to take off your helmet before you come in the store, as robbers are sometimes using helmets to hide their identity from the cameras.   It's strange to me because if I'm getting off my motorcycle, the FIRST thing I always do is TAKE OFF my helmet.    Walking into a store with my helmet on would seem as strange to me as taking off my pants and walking into the store; I just don't do it.   But many people apparently do.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2017, 07:08:49 PM »
 last summer me and Petrus Rocks were riding and stopped in a  rural village having a huge second hand sale... We looked around and noticed quite a few Amish shopping....We got back on the bikes and I saw an Amish boy of about 7 watching our every move as we  put on  leather and helmets...We reved the engines and the boys eyes grew wider...Then his mother called to him to step away from the menacing bikers............. ...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:10:40 PM by Rough Edge racing »

Offline TobyJug

• Hatchling
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2017, 07:52:27 PM »
In the late 70's I tried to get into about half a dozen hotels in Glasgow but all of them were mysteriously 'full' and I was wearing waxed cotton Belstaffs.  Glasgow of all places.

Talking of waxed cotton.  A meter reader came to the house wearing a waxed cotton Belstaff so we, naturally, had a chat.  After he'd gone he left a big black mark on the wall where he'd been leaning.

2014 Norge GT 8V

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 08:22:41 AM »

Isn't it funny that in 1953, this lot (along the "psychotic" Chino and his club) were considered the ultimate in scary, threatening, horrible criminals?

I go to and enjoy BSA rallies today where folks cut up rougher than this bunch did ... !

Lannis

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 08:49:42 AM »
That picture 24"X24" is on my workshop wall! (CA). A gift.

Never had anybody come in and not make a comment about it.

:-)

I'm going to buy a blue-and-yellow striped jersey like the one Chino wore, along with his hat, if it's the last thing I do .... You can get 'em custom made, they're about $300.   My piggy bank with spare quarters in it (free money!) will have about that much in it in a year.

I already owned a HydraGlide just like his once, it'd be fun to think about getting another just so I could look 1954-level "menacing", which would probably consist of kids in a car pointing and laughing.

That's OK - if you're secure in your menacing masculinity, you won't care .... !

Lannis

kidneb

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 10:42:55 AM »
Yeah,- it seems that children are more trusting, openminded and less prone to taking on a menaced attitude, also when it comes to meeting with motorbikes and bikers.
Years ago, when riding my black `73 V7850 GT, I parked the bike just outside the entrance of a supermarket while I did some shopping. When I got out and approaching the bike, there was that little girl of about 6 years age or so, looking straight at me with a very pleading look in her eyes, asking me if she could have a ride. Hmm, I looked around, and didn`t see any adults that seemed to have any relation to her, so I had to make a quick decision, being perfectly aware of the aspects of irresponsibility and law violating involved. But she really looked like she`d  fallen in love with the bike while I was shopping, and I couldn`t bear to let her down. So I told her to climb on and hold on to the grab rail on the luggage rack. I then took her for a slow ride around the parking lot, away from the main street. Then back to the supermarket entrance, and still no trace of anyone looking out for her. Lucky me I guess !
Not much of a story one could say, but nevertheless it contains some interesting aspects to me, and I am glad I did what I did.

No wonder she fell completely for this beautiful Italian moped!  :kiss:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:55:30 AM by kidneb »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here