Author Topic: ** The 2021 Wild Guzzi National and Marley Memorial Cedar Vale KS May 6-9**  (Read 37712 times)

Offline AMGeneral

• Guzzi Hero
Re: ** The 2021 Wild Guzzi National and Marley Memorial May 6-9**
« Reply #660 on: April 19, 2021, 09:47:44 PM »
Will be cageing it this trip. Not sure what to pack up with everyone else cookin. But will bring grill and can cooker. Be there fri thru sun.
2000 Jackal 62,900

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

"Just think how stupid the average person is,
and then realize that half of them
are even stupider!"
--George Carlin

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #661 on: April 19, 2021, 10:00:26 PM »
 Great to hear Rod , it has been too long .

Dusty
We should probably look to the Mayans for advice on how to deal with shortages of gasoline and TP . Those folks had chronic shortages of both.

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #662 on: April 20, 2021, 07:51:01 AM »
 It is snowing in Cedar Vale , yes , snowing .

16 days now .

Dusty
We should probably look to the Mayans for advice on how to deal with shortages of gasoline and TP . Those folks had chronic shortages of both.

Offline JC85

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #663 on: April 20, 2021, 09:01:20 AM »
It is snowing in Cedar Vale , yes , snowing .

16 days now .

Dusty

It's coming down like crazy down in southeast Kansas. Luckily, the ground is warm enough that none of it is accumulating.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 09:05:10 AM by oldbike54 »
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #663 on: April 20, 2021, 09:01:20 AM »

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #664 on: April 20, 2021, 09:07:11 AM »
It's coming down like crazy down in southeast Kansas. Luckily, the ground is warm enough that none of it is accumulating.

Yeah , and it will be in the 70's again by Saturday . In 2019 we had 90 degrees in February , 50 degrees in April  :laugh:

Dusty

Online bobrebos

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #665 on: April 20, 2021, 10:25:25 AM »
Is anybody from the Tennessee general area riding out to Cedar Vale Kansas for this?  I would have to re-schedule my second covid shot for a few days later, but I might be able to ride out for it.  Schedule still pending but I should know by tomorrow (21 Apr).  Is it too late to get added to the list if I can go??
Southeastern United States Moto Guzzi Enthusiasts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/384721801998838/?source=unknown
https://www.facebook.com/groups/579772892887706
Cleveland, Tn
2013 Stelvio
1971 Honda CB 750 Chopper
2010 Gold Wing

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #666 on: April 20, 2021, 10:31:04 AM »
Is anybody from the Tennessee general area riding out to Cedar Vale Kansas for this?  I would have to re-schedule my second covid shot for a few days later, but I might be able to ride out for it.  Schedule still pending but I should know by tomorrow (21 Apr).  Is it too late to get added to the list if I can go??

Not sure if anyone else is coming from Tennessee , so far no one from there has spoken up . NCdan is attempting to make the trip , but will be driving.

If you decide to come Bob we will certainly welcome you .

Dusty

Online bobrebos

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #667 on: April 20, 2021, 10:32:54 AM »
Not sure if anyone else is coming from Tennessee , so far no one from there has spoken up . NCdan is attempting to make the trip , but will be driving.

If you decide to come Bob we will certainly welcome you .

Dusty
Thank You Sir
Cleveland, Tn
2013 Stelvio
2010 Gold Wing

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #668 on: April 20, 2021, 03:13:55 PM »
 Have updated the first post .

The C store is temporarily closed , no idea if it will be open when we arrive . The gas pumps are working so if we need gasoline it is available . No idea if Shawne is answering the phone for lodging as she is out of town apparently .

Dave at the Lodge will have at least one room ready in a house he is setting up , the bathroom is functioning . I listed his cell number , if he doesn't answer leave a message , tell him you are with me . The small lodge is already full up .

Remember , this is Cedar Vale , doing business there is different than in a regular town , they will make room for us as it were .

Dusty

Online Gliderjohn

• 2017 Board Donor
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #669 on: April 20, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »
No idea if Shawne is answering the phone for lodging as she is out of town apparently .
Hope she will be around as i have rented a house from her and am suppose to get the key from her at the store.
GliderJohn
John Peters
Walton, KS

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #670 on: April 20, 2021, 03:18:32 PM »
Hope she will be around as i have rented a house from her and am suppose to get the key from her at the store.
GliderJohn

We'll get the key John , don't worry .

Dusty

Online bobrebos

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #671 on: April 20, 2021, 03:38:11 PM »
I will be going.  I put my check in the mail for one person, camping, and an Xtra large sized tshirt if they are still available.  I am looking forward to the trip and the rally.  Hoping to arrive Wednesday, around 6:00pm or so.  Thats if everything goes smoothly!   Bob
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:27:09 PM by bobrebos »
Cleveland, Tn
2013 Stelvio
2010 Gold Wing

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #672 on: April 20, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »
I will be going.  I put my check in the mail for one person, camping, and an Xtra large sized tshirt if they are still available.  I am looking forward to the trip and the rally.  Bob

Cool  :thumb: Yes , we will have a shirt for you Bob .

Dusty
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:46:07 PM by oldbike54 »

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #673 on: April 20, 2021, 03:49:06 PM »
 We probably need to have some emergency contact info available . My phone doesn't work in Cedar Vale , but someone will have internet , if you have a problem while traveling and we can help , post it in the thread with a contact number . I normally ask someone to check the thread every 30 minutes or so until everyone is accounted for . The number for city hall is 620 758 2244 , the grocery store number is 620 758 5090 . Don't be afraid to call either number , just tell them who you are with , everyone at both numbers knows me and will send someone to the park .

Dusty
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:53:19 PM by oldbike54 »

Offline JC85

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #674 on: April 20, 2021, 08:14:02 PM »
We probably need to have some emergency contact info available . My phone doesn't work in Cedar Vale , but someone will have internet , if you have a problem while traveling and we can help , post it in the thread with a contact number . I normally ask someone to check the thread every 30 minutes or so until everyone is accounted for . The number for city hall is 620 758 2244 , the grocery store number is 620 758 5090 . Don't be afraid to call either number , just tell them who you are with , everyone at both numbers knows me and will send someone to the park .

Dusty

I get great signal down there, and since I'll be at the park 90% of the time I'm there, I'd be happy to let my number be used for emergency contact. If you feel like that would be helpful, go ahead and add it to the post.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #675 on: April 20, 2021, 08:30:07 PM »
I get great signal down there, and since I'll be at the park 90% of the time I'm there, I'd be happy to let my number be used for emergency contact. If you feel like that would be helpful, go ahead and add it to the post.

Are you sure mate , think about putting your number on a public forum .

Dusty

Offline JC85

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #676 on: April 20, 2021, 08:53:49 PM »
Are you sure mate , think about putting your number on a public forum .

Dusty

For this purpose and on this forum, absolutely. On any other forum, I would be far more hesitant, but I don't anticipate any problems from this. Gonna be that way one day, anyways.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #677 on: April 20, 2021, 08:57:45 PM »
For this purpose and on this forum, absolutely. On any other forum, I would be far more hesitant, but I don't anticipate any problems from this. Gonna be that way one day, anyways.

OK . Maybe we wait another week , limit the time you are exposed . Fair enough ?

Dusty

Offline JC85

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #678 on: April 20, 2021, 09:03:17 PM »
OK . Maybe we wait another week , limit the time you are exposed . Fair enough ?

Dusty

Sure thing.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Online bobrebos

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #679 on: April 21, 2021, 04:08:19 AM »
Have updated the first post .

The C store is temporarily closed , no idea if it will be open when we arrive . The gas pumps are working so if we need gasoline it is available . No idea if Shawne is answering the phone for lodging as she is out of town apparently .

Dave at the Lodge will have at least one room ready in a house he is setting up , the bathroom is functioning . I listed his cell number , if he doesn't answer leave a message , tell him you are with me . The small lodge is already full up .

Remember , this is Cedar Vale , doing business there is different than in a regular town , they will make room for us as it were .

Dusty

So, if I may ask, is all lodging, rooms etc booked up?  I was planning on tenting it at the park but thought i would ask if any rooms/lodges, whatever are still available or should i just call the lodges/locations and ask>  Thought you might know....  Thank You.  Bob
Cleveland, Tn
2013 Stelvio
2010 Gold Wing

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #680 on: April 21, 2021, 06:27:51 AM »
So, if I may ask, is all lodging, rooms etc booked up?  I was planning on tenting it at the park but thought i would ask if any rooms/lodges, whatever are still available or should i just call the lodges/locations and ask>  Thought you might know....  Thank You.  Bob

Bob , the lodge owner did say he might have a place ready , although I wouldn't count on it . Hewins Park is great for camping , the ground is level and there are no rocks at the surface .

Dusty

Online bobrebos

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2021, 06:46:06 AM »
Bob , the lodge owner did say he might have a place ready , although I wouldn't count on it . Hewins Park is great for camping , the ground is level and there are no rocks at the surface .

Dusty

Camping (my favorite), it is then.  Great!!
Cleveland, Tn
2013 Stelvio
2010 Gold Wing

Online SmithSwede

• Guzzi Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2021, 08:16:59 AM »
Dusty—what’s the record for attendance at Cëdir Veil?   Looks like we may break a record. 

I have two newbie Guzzi folks who may join us. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #683 on: April 21, 2021, 08:41:21 AM »
Dusty—what’s the record for attendance at Cëdir Veil?   Looks like we may break a record. 

I have two newbie Guzzi folks who may join us.

We had about 70 in 2017 , but yes this year is a pleasant surprise . We might have over 60 , considering this event is literally in the middle of nowhere... One of the local guys that is a friend just shakes his head at the idea that we can get riders from all over to show up in his little town .

Dusty

Online Gliderjohn

• 2017 Board Donor
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #684 on: April 21, 2021, 08:47:17 AM »
From Dusty:
One of the local guys that is a friend just shakes his head at the idea that we can get riders from all over to show up in his little town
You would think the locals would know by now that as a group we ain't right.
GliderJohn
John Peters
Walton, KS

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #685 on: April 21, 2021, 11:46:10 AM »
 Still adding a few folks to the attendee list .

Dusty

Online mhershon

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #686 on: April 22, 2021, 06:08:01 PM »
Dusty, just so you know, Phil Schreck and I have invited Jack Robinson, the guy who founded and runs the Four-Stroke Single Nat'l Owners Club out of Hutchinson, KS, to come visit us at the rally. We told him that if he wants to spend a night to bring a bag and sleep on our floor at the Lodge. He's a super guy and a past Guzzi owner. He'll fit right in...

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2021, 06:23:10 PM »
Dusty, just so you know, Phil Schreck and I have invited Jack Robinson, the guy who founded and runs the Four-Stroke Single Nat'l Owners Club out of Hutchinson, KS, to come visit us at the rally. We told him that if he wants to spend a night to bring a bag and sleep on our floor at the Lodge. He's a super guy and a past Guzzi owner. He'll fit right in...

I've met Jack , in fact we had lunch together in the Pizza Hut in Sedan KS after the first small rally in Cedar Vale .

He was also at the Guzzi rally that a now gone guy put on in Eufala OK in about 1998 .

Dusty

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #688 on: April 23, 2021, 06:13:56 AM »
 13 days now .

If you are late to the party and just now thinking this looks like fun , please speak up . Placing the food order soon , we need to know if you are coming.

We are justifiably proud of what we do in Cedar Vale , we have a lot of fun , do some good , make new friends , catch up with old ones . This is like family reunion , except unlike one of those , we all like each other  :laugh:

Don't forget to bring that "thing" hiding in your closet for the auction , we promise to send you home with a replacement to fill the empty space .

Let's rally  :thumb:

Dusty

Online bobrebos

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #689 on: April 23, 2021, 06:49:03 AM »
13 days now .

If you are late to the party and just now thinking this looks like fun , please speak up . Placing the food order soon , we need to know if you are coming.

We are justifiably proud of what we do in Cedar Vale , we have a lot of fun , do some good , make new friends , catch up with old ones . This is like family reunion , except unlike one of those , we all like each other  :laugh:

Don't forget to bring that "thing" hiding in your closet for the auction , we promise to send you home with a replacement to fill the empty space .

Let's rally  :thumb:

Dusty

What kind of things are you looking for in reference to the auction? 
Cleveland, Tn
2013 Stelvio
2010 Gold Wing

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler with donation credit
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here