General Category > General Discussion

Norge tool kit for big trip?

(1/5) > >>

nwguy:
Besides the stock tool kit for an 08 Norge, what additional tools/supplies would you bring? So far I've got oil, a crescent wrench, an alternator belt and Fix-a-flat. Space is limited since I'll have camping gear.

blackbuell:
1/4 inch ratchet with wide variety of hex attachments

Kiwi_Roy:

--- Quote from: nwguy on April 28, 2021, 12:28:06 PM ---Besides the stock tool kit for an 08 Norge, what additional tools/supplies would you bring? So far I've got oil, a crescent wrench, an alternator belt and Fix-a-flat. Space is limited since I'll have camping gear.

--- End quote ---
A cheap multimeter or at least a test lamp in case you have to probe for Voltage. I always take my Spot to let those at home know where I am, 2 Spots from the same place means I'm camping there for the night.

LowRyter:
I'd get a tire plug kit like a "Stop and Go" and a Slime air pump.  Make sure you've rigged an electrical outlet for the the pump.   Then enough packable hand tools to perform common maintenance items. plus a multi tool.  Spare fuses and an extra relay, an extra headlight bulb, perhaps a taillight bulb unless it's a common one available at the car parts store (like my Guzzis).  I wouldn't bother packing Fix a Flat, it takes up room for more important stuff. 

Make sure you have a tank bag.  Some nav stuff, phone or maps.  Tylenol, water bottle, sunblock, Carmex.   Proper safety and rain gear.

MGrego:

--- Quote from: LowRyter on April 28, 2021, 12:55:51 PM ---I'd get a tire plug kit like a "Stop and Go" and a Slime air pump.  Make sure you've rigged an electrical outlet for the the pump.   Then enough packable hand tools to common maientence items.  A multi tool.  Spare fuses and an extra relay, an extra headlight bulb, perhaps a taillight bulb unless it's a common one available at the car parts store (like my Guzzis).  I wouldn't bother packing Fix a Flat, it takes up room for more important stuff. 

Make sure you have tank bag.  Some nav stuff on phone or map.

--- End quote ---

I second that, you definitely need to be able to plug a tire out on a trip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version