Author Topic: Stelvio Brake Discs  (Read 116 times)

Offline Borsig

• New Egg
  • Do something that scares you, I ride bikes
Stelvio Brake Discs
« on: April 24, 2024, 10:07:06 AM »
My L/H disc has become wobbly on the central web, the manual says 0.15 mm side play maximum, when I checked I had over 1.0 mm, more worryingly it has rotational movement on the web.  Rattly discs are not uncommon on a lot of bikes but my R/H disc is like new, mileage is 27,000 and the L/H disc should have been replaced ages ago.  I tightened up the rivets woith a hammer and a socket over the retaining washer which helped a lot but its getting worse again.  On looking for replacements, genuine discs seem to be out of stock, EBC replacements are £185.00 each and I would need both but a general internet search brought up a Chinese company theat makes discs for a range of bikes including Guzzis.  These are £140.00 a pair, much more reasonable, they have stainless rotors with alloy webs and look very nice, they also have 10 rivets rather than 6 which also seems a good idea.  Has anyone come across these, if so are they good or bad or any other comments?  These are sold via Ebay but a search on Ebay did not find them, I had to use Google which gave me a link to the Ebay page and that took me to their shop, the company is WUXI THAI RACING TRADE CO LTD.  They list discs for a vast number of bikes, a lot of Italian one and seemingly most of thre bigger Japanese ones.
LM Mk1 - 1979
850T3, 5 of in the 80s and 90s
Mk1 California 88 - 94
Morini 350, rescued from a scrap dealer
LM Mk1 in kit form, rebuilt as roadster
Triumph Trophy3 - 03 - 13
Stelvio - 13 to present

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Re: Stelvio Brake Discs
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 03:04:01 PM »

Personally, I would acquire Ducati take-offs from eBay rather than buying new CCC.

Guzzi shares the same Brembo parts bins as Ducati, and those Ducatisti are always upgrading and selling off perfectly good brake parts.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here