Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505898 times)

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #450 on: November 03, 2013, 08:37:31 PM »

Love that smile  ;-T The John Prine song " Hello in There" should be required listening for young people , make them realize old folks are still worth knowing .
Dusty

I just took a listen to that song Dusty, very powerful.  :'( I see why you referenced it though.

Someday I'll go and call up Rudy,
We worked together at the factory.
But what could I say if asks "what's new? "
"Nothing, what's with you?Nothing much to do."

-Joe

oldbike54

« Reply #451 on: November 03, 2013, 08:42:20 PM »
Joe , I seek out young people like you to help me stay young , good on ya for making friends with an old guy . Once again , I suppose to J.N. Smyth (91) , we are all young .
Dusty

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #452 on: November 03, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »
Almost melted the wire loom on the sidecar today. Got lucky and only ruined the leads for the battery tender. Fiddling around trying to make a heat controller for my homemade electric vest out of a rheostat. Got it at autozone, it must be for a 6 volt system, that rascal SMOKED. :o Back to the drawing board. Been considering another bike. Love the sidecar and scooter, but want to go further and faster. Finding the correct ergonomics and weather protection not easy for me. Looking at a trashed Cal III, an EV, and considering finally trying a FLHP(I). Might not be able to make the leg stretch on the Harley... Fun looking, anyway.  ;-T

Considering a Parabellum Sport windshield for the Bonnie, mixed reviews on Triumphrat.net . Many claims of severe turbulance.

Same knee bothering me again, had MRI on Saturday. Awaiting word from doc. If I need another surgery on the knee (3rd time this year), then bike shopping put on hold. It'll be the spring break market before I'm able to go get a bike, and good winter deals will be gonzo. And so it goes.
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #453 on: November 03, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »
  My new cable system from trans oceanic went tits up the other day.  Tomorrow a technician will be here to put me back on the old obsolete system it replaced.
  With no TV I have gone sort of feral, practicing my accordion in preparation for causing great public harm and terror.
  I hope to be the only person ever known to have caused anxiety attacks in a kava bar.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #453 on: November 03, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #454 on: November 04, 2013, 07:30:22 AM »
Fiddling around trying to make a heat controller for my homemade electric vest out of a rheostat. Got it at autozone, it must be for a 6 volt system, that rascal SMOKED. :o

You don't make heat controllers out of rheostats for anything over a couple of watts.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:30:54 AM by Wayne Orwig »
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #455 on: November 04, 2013, 07:37:39 AM »
You don't make heat controllers out of rheostats for anything over a couple of watts.

Speaking of that, Rosie's heated grips are either on or off. What's it take to cycle them, or make them adjustable?
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #456 on: November 04, 2013, 07:55:44 AM »
We are still trying to figure out what to do with our Sunday lunch time since we spent the last six years having lunch with Mom at the nursing home. Since her death a few weeks ago we have been going to some of the small town Sunday lunches or buffets in about a 30 mile radius of our home. Been great eating so far if you want old time fried chicken Sunday dinners. Does not do much for the waistline however. Best find so far is Aunt Ema's Cafe in downtown Florence, KS. Salad, fried chicken breast and wing, green beans with bacon, mashed potatoes with cream gravy, and a decent tasting soft ice cream for desert and drink. All well prepared and tasty. All that for $5.99!
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

oldbike54

« Reply #458 on: November 04, 2013, 10:18:52 AM »
Read a story where two planes full of skydivers collided , most everyone jumped to safety , no fatalities . Sorry , this tickled me , Kinda answers the old skydiver's question  ;D
Dusty

Offline cj750

• Gaggle Mentor
  • "Viva tutte le cose Italiane"
« Reply #459 on: November 04, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
Read a story where two planes full of skydivers collided , most everyone jumped to safety , no fatalities . Sorry , this tickled me , Kinda answers the old skydiver's question  ;D
Dusty

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/03/skydiving-planes-collide-escape/3420605/

Then again, when I was watching Predator I didn't think two members of its cast would become governors, either. So you never know.

oldbike54

« Reply #460 on: November 04, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #461 on: November 04, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »
  He said, "We do this all the time".  Did he mean crash into each other?
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #463 on: November 04, 2013, 09:43:38 PM »
NanoWrimo and RockSmith update:

1,878 words today! 3,348 so far! An hour or so of guitar as well, between the typing and guitar my fingers are sore!

oldbike54

« Reply #464 on: November 04, 2013, 09:47:48 PM »
So only 46,552 to go  :D Way better than I could have done  ;-T 
Dusty

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #465 on: November 04, 2013, 09:49:02 PM »
So only 46,552 to go  :D Way better than I could have done  ;-T 
Dusty

That means I only need to type about 1,800 to 1,900 a day for the rest of the month. Well on my way!  ;D

-Joe

Offline TalkingGriso

• Gosling
  • Cousin of?
« Reply #466 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:09 AM »
Well, I had a grand old time Sunday at the 34th annual Ride by a Dam Site at Hansen Dam in southern California.  This was my first time at this show meant for old British bikes, but there was a nice selection of really cool Guzzis on hand.

Pristine, sweet-sounding single

Had to park my Griso next to this beauty

First time I've seen a top box on a Cali 1400.  Very nice.

I want one of these

And I need one of these
2010 Griso 8v

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #467 on: November 05, 2013, 02:58:35 AM »
             Lovely machinery ;-T
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #468 on: November 07, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
             How did you go with your ball joints, SM? Mine are OK except for the one that attaches to the back of the gear lever itself. It would hit the starter motor when the lever is operated. Moved the whole lever away from the engine with a temporary copper flat washer/gasket, of 5/8" ID, which is a neat enough fit over the lever's axle. A bit more fiddling with a spacer washer made of scrap aluminium and it looks OK.
              Giving it a try this morning ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #469 on: November 07, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »
My little neighbor from the 400 building came over to help me reinstall the sport windshield on the rat, as the barn door looked goofy as hell with the clipons.

I'll bet he was REALLY anxious to see what it would be like to catch a rat with a sport windshield.   I'm guessing he was mad when he found out the truth ....  :)
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #470 on: November 07, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
Well, I would have to say bl**dy brilliant!!!! ;-T

First off, I have had three weeks where the thigh muscles have eased off and (other than the first hour of the morning) I am moving freely and I am in NO PAIN!!! ;-T ;-T ;D

Life is always more pleasant like that anyway, but today my metal lathe arrived. My next door neighbour (87 years young) has a son in law who owns a very large place that sells machinery, nice machinery. He has been looking out for me and today I took delivery of a 600mm between the centres lathe, power cross feed, coolant system, work light, 3 and 4 jaw chucks, steadies etc with a few cutting tools and drills for $1500NZ. She is a beauty. Although Chinese, it is very good Chinese, and the son in law imports so many of them that he gets them branded with his own name. I have been hanging out for a lathe for years, and now it has finally happened at a price that the budget can stretch to.

It is Friday, the bike is now reg'd and wof'd all ready to rumble, and all is looking good. ;-T ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

« Reply #471 on: November 07, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
So can you fix RK's drive adapter problem ? ;D
 Glad things are improving , and weather is warming , and for everything else .
Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #472 on: November 07, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »
So can you fix RK's drive adapter problem ? ;D
 Glad things are improving , and weather is warming , and for everything else .
Dusty

Sure, if he brings it over  ;) :D I am sure we could work something out. ;D
03 Breva

oldbike54

« Reply #473 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:17 PM »
Sure, if he brings it over  ;) :D I am sure we could work something out. ;D
Long damn swim  :D
Dusty
Edit
By Whale ? Considering his options , it might be worth a shot .
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:43:05 PM by oldbike54 »

oldbike54

« Reply #474 on: November 07, 2013, 11:47:17 PM »
They come standard with GPS right ?
Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #475 on: November 08, 2013, 12:27:41 AM »
They come standard with GPS right ?
Dusty

;D They'll need it. Just sail right past the navel of the world and you end up at it's fundamental orifice, which is basically where NZ is. I am sure they will find it. ;D
03 Breva

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #476 on: November 08, 2013, 05:48:04 AM »
I didn't have any installation issues, the toe shifter was a little low so I had to adjust the rod back to raise it up to where it was before. I need to install some shims to clear up the slop at the peg mount. Odd that you're having a clearance issue, how much longer are the aftermarket balljoints?

It isn't the length of the ball joint that decreases clearance with the starter motor. The socket that holds the ball is bigger in diameter than standard and that makes the difference.
         I thought to take the slop out of my peg mount with some 0.0015" sheet brass but it was too thick to fit when wrapped all the way around the axle.
Oz
04 Cali

kidneb

« Reply #477 on: November 08, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »
Went for the seasons last ride today (minus degrees ahead and the road salting starts). Ended like this

with a flat front tire,- first time in my 40+ years of riding. New tire and tube just a few 100 km ago.
The Falck man was a motorcyclist himself and have done a lot of touring in Norway and southern Europe on his RT 1100, so we had a nice chat on our way back to town,- he even forgot to turn where he should, and to go when the light turned green a couple of times  :). That`s how this Guzzi season ended.

This from while the ride still was piloted by me :

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:51:27 PM by kidneb »

Offline goozy

• New Egg
« Reply #478 on: November 08, 2013, 04:34:26 PM »
Gorgeous Nortons, were they the new in crate old stock that were up for auction a few years back?

kidneb

« Reply #479 on: November 08, 2013, 05:00:32 PM »
goozy,- I don`t know, but this guy has been in the Brit Bike business for a very long time and he certainly has some good contacts in England, so it wouldn`t surprise me.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here