Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 508843 times)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #720 on: June 05, 2014, 06:19:14 PM »
Ya know, Lannis.. when Dorcia's dad was in assisted living I looked around and thought, "this isn't a bad deal." Basically, you can goof off, get fed 3 squares a day, hit on the chicks.. :o what's not to like?
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #721 on: June 05, 2014, 06:33:06 PM »
Now here is a business opportunity , an assisted living center for old motorbike riders . Racing and riding videos 24/7 in the dining rooms and lounges , piped in MC sounds to sleep by , and maybe a large fenced in area with air fencing and some of that recycled tire play ground matting so we can tootle around on tiddlers w/o too much risk of harming anyone  :D

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #722 on: June 06, 2014, 08:23:43 AM »
Now here is a business opportunity , an assisted living center for old motorbike riders . Racing and riding videos 24/7 in the dining rooms and lounges , piped in MC sounds to sleep by , and maybe a large fenced in area with air fencing and some of that recycled tire play ground matting so we can tootle around on tiddlers w/o too much risk of harming anyone  :D

Dusty

The last Mother's Day that my Mom was here with us, we found a guy with a '39 Ford coupe and had him come around to her place and pick her up to take her to the place we were eating, and we kids followed them and we went to dinner together with her (my Dad was driving a '39 coupe when he first met her around 1949). 

When he pulled up to the apartment block and parked while she came out, the old dudes there really went ape over that old Ford.   We couldn't hardly get away for the guys wanting to be under the hood, and telling sea stories of the old days and such.

You pull up to an AL place in an old vehicle if you want to make someone's day and be talking and chatting for hours ... !

Lannis 
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #723 on: June 06, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »

Dusty

I've been prepping for it by putting all my STP and Kurvygirl stickers on my walker (any small product decals donated to the effort appreciated).  It would be the trickest darn walker in the locked ward!  I want open headers and fat tires too -- big with the ladies at the bingo bar&grille.  I tried to get a pic with head pipes and wheelie bar attached, but like the guy on the trike in Laugh-In, I'd fall over just before the camera clicked.

But on-topic  . . .   Got access to a 220/200amp AL/MIG welder unit with the proper stinger for the job.  All it needed was a shield gas regulator and a ground lead.  Bummed the regulator from a local A&P and converted one of my retired jumper cables into a ground cable.  I diddled up randomm pieces of scrap until my argon gave out.  Yeah, baby . . . . Shagadelic!  This unit has the power!  I'm still trying to get the power and feed low enough to not melt the scrap as I tack it.  Once I have the numbers for the varying thickness I'm welding I'll be able to knock out the AL part of my trike frame in a couple days (like this weekend if my arms hold out).

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #723 on: June 06, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #724 on: June 06, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »
Installed a new battree in the el Camino and had the local shop top up the freon so I can keep moderately cool in the beast.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

kidneb

« Reply #725 on: June 09, 2014, 05:51:09 PM »
Very nice indeed, and the LM3 runs smooth and strong.

From the east coast to the west coast and back again, just a picnic ride here in the continental part of Denmark,- just 300 km.
Had a nice ride in very hot and sunny weather to see the 12th International Sand Sculpture Festival at Sřndervig on the west coast of Jylland (Jutland).
The theme this year is the Wikings,- last years theme was the Wild West.

Artists from all over the world have been participating,- some alone, others in groups of 2 -3 or 4 to create a section of the 200 m long and 7 m tall sculpture wall, based on a self chosen motif from the Wiking history or mythology.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:00:34 AM by kidneb »

oldbike54

« Reply #726 on: June 09, 2014, 06:38:23 PM »
AMAZING !
  Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #727 on: June 09, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »
*Very* kool.. ;-T

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #728 on: June 09, 2014, 11:27:18 PM »
Great pics, kidneb ;-T
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #729 on: June 10, 2014, 01:00:48 AM »
I sold the 'lectric trolling motor and battery for $250.  32# Minkota saltwater w/ std automotive battery.  The buyer got a good deal.  So I turned around and bought an odyssey PC1200 battery for the trike @$226, delivered.  It's the most power I could get in that small a footprint.  Oddly enough, a lowball dealer honored his 'free shipping anywhere in the USA' policy.  The folks charging retail all managed to map around Alaska to the tune of an additional $100 or so -- or not ship at all.   I also got a take-off street glide muffler from a lowballer -- $18 delivered.  I got me enough left over for a beer!  Some days it pays to shop.

Got some better at welding over the weekend, too.  I'm stopped for the moment because there doesn't seem to be any aluminum T-bar stock in town.  Well, there is some, but you could lay a trawler keel with it.  I'm just trying to trim out a tailgate.

oldbike54

« Reply #730 on: July 06, 2014, 07:16:53 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty

Not bad , thanks for asking Dusty  ;D (Sorry LD)  ;)
  Seriously , how was it ?
    Dusty

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #731 on: July 06, 2014, 07:33:45 PM »
Not bad , thanks for asking Dusty  ;D (Sorry LD)  ;)
  Seriously , how was it ?
    Dusty

Well since you ask so nice nicely.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=70363.msg1097722#msg1097722

Nick

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #732 on: July 06, 2014, 07:53:53 PM »
Shitty, as in the septic pump failed.  Just before I was to leave for work, the septic high level alarm went off.  So got to spend the day trying to fix the old cast iron pump, less than seven years old, and then going into town to buy a new one.  Had to pull it three times to get the alarm float set to the right level.  At first it would alarm before the new pump kicked in, then it would alarm when the pump did kick in.  Finally got it just right. ;-T  Thanks to my son Ryan who did a lot of the heavy lifting, literally, for the help. So now the crap is going to the proper place for crap.  When I tell you my basement has a lot of shit in it, I'm not shitting you.  ::) ::(
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
Re:
« Reply #733 on: July 06, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
Great weekend, visiting my dad in Sausalito. Spectacular weather and fireworks over the marina. Good visits with old friends. Now a few days at the national solar conference and on to Truckee for more schmoosing with old ski school pals and flying buddies.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
Re:
« Reply #734 on: July 06, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »
Great weekend, visiting my dad in Sausalito. Spectacular weather and fireworks over the marina. Good visits with old friends. Now a few days at the national solar conference and on to Truckee for more schmoosing with old ski school pals and flying buddies.

Old flying buddies are hard to keep.  I've lost four, only one wasn't flight related.  Make a toast to them for me will you?? :BEER:
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

oldbike54

« Reply #735 on: July 06, 2014, 08:05:47 PM »
Uh Matt , ya might wanna cut down on the burritos  :D 3 out of 4 so far are having a good day  ;-T  One of us isn't  :(
  Dusty

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #736 on: July 06, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »
Shitty, as in the septic pump failed.  Just before I was to leave for work, the septic high level alarm went off.  So got to spend the day trying to fix the old cast iron pump, less than seven years old, and then going into town to buy a new one.  Had to pull it three times to get the alarm float set to the right level.  At first it would alarm before the new pump kicked in, then it would alarm when the pump did kick in.  Finally got it just right. ;-T  Thanks to my son Ryan who did a lot of the heavy lifting, literally, for the help. So now the crap is going to the proper place for crap.  When I tell you my basement has a lot of shit in it, I'm not shitting you.  ::) ::(
W/O Pictures, it never happened ;D
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #737 on: July 06, 2014, 08:26:19 PM »
Bummed about my LeMans today, but I'm trying to cheer up to get the Breva ready for Elkader. We're going to visit my wife's grandpa in Wisconsin Thursday night, wake up Friday morning and head to the rally to hang out with you fine folks.  ;D We're staying the night in a hotel in Elkader Friday. Saturday we will stick around for a bit and likely head towards home sometime in the middle of the day. If we make it home Saturday night, no problem. If we get sore/tired we'll stop somewhere along the way home and get a hotel.

I'm really looking forward to getting some miles on a bike together. It's been awhile.

-Joe
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:28:04 PM by Unkept »

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #738 on: July 06, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »
             Had an unmentionable weekend but woke this morning to the news that an offer has been made on one of my oil explorers. Doubles my investment ;D Took three years. Life is not all bad.
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #739 on: July 07, 2014, 12:03:08 AM »
A bit blah actually Dusty.

Health was really looking to be getting better. However, over the last couple of months I have developed tingling and numbness in my fingers and hands, which is quite severe at night. Tends to kill the sleep somewhat. There is a 3 month wait before I get to see a neurologist. My GP ordered a battery of blood tests, which show I am disgustingly healthy. Late last week to compound things I popped another hernia, this time on the other side. Only a month before I get to see the surgeon, and I have no idea when he will be able to operate. Climbing ladders when your bowel keeps popping out is a bit of a nuisance.

All in all, a bit depressing. :'(

Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

« Reply #740 on: July 07, 2014, 12:23:21 AM »
Muzz , that is not good . Geez , I know about the tingling , like a battery is hooked to your nervous system .
Bal , does that mean the beer is on you ? :D
   Dusty

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #741 on: July 07, 2014, 01:55:08 AM »
DAMN GOOD

Did the 2014 National Road Rally over here over the weekend 580 miles ridden ove 20 hours stopping at various controls to gain a silver award - wahoo

Some excitement at 01:00 in the morning when Dino (the Cali) decided not to re-start but luckilly the MGOCGB were running the control so between us we gave him a stern talking to and off I went to the next control

So knackered and walking like John Wayne (sheepskin covers are good  ;-T) but happy  ;D
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline steamdriven NZ

• Gosling
  • simplify and add lightness
« Reply #742 on: July 07, 2014, 03:56:54 AM »
A bit blah actually Dusty.

Health was really looking to be getting better. However, over the last couple of months I have developed tingling and numbness in my fingers and hands, which is quite severe at night. Tends to kill the sleep somewhat. There is a 3 month wait before I get to see a neurologist. My GP ordered a battery of blood tests, which show I am disgustingly healthy. Late last week to compound things I popped another hernia, this time on the other side. Only a month before I get to see the surgeon, and I have no idea when he will be able to operate. Climbing ladders when your bowel keeps popping out is a bit of a nuisance.

All in all, a bit depressing. :'(

Muzz, have you ever been to a chiropractor or osteopath? If I get those sorts of things going on I know I've go a vertebrae out, and can normally tell them which one! (I've been seeing them for 'maintenance' for 17 years now)

I have to say today was good for me. My wife suggested that we take the new (to us) toy out for dinner somewhere. the toy will be no big deal to most of you, but it's a '73 Chev Cheyenne Super 10. Been mildly customised but not overdone. It might not be a big thing to own in America but to own something like this here with the fuel it needs at NZ$2.31 a LITER and 4.5-odd liters per gallon it is a serious commitment to fun and wanting to hear that lovely burble. It's big (for here), loud, expensive, thirsty, pointless to own and I love it to bits!

A lot of people around me or known to me are falling apart or worse, just making the most of it while I still got it............ :)  

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:58:21 AM by steamdriven NZ »
When you spend more time spannering than using, you have reached toy saturation.....

'84 750 Monza (The Monzada)

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #743 on: July 07, 2014, 04:13:00 AM »

Bal , does that mean the beer is on you ? :D
   Dusty

Yes.
           My place  ~; :BEER: Anytime ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #744 on: July 07, 2014, 05:01:45 AM »
Muzz, have you ever been to a chiropractor or osteopath? If I get those sorts of things going on I know I've go a vertebrae out, and can normally tell them which one! (I've been seeing them for 'maintenance' for 17 years now)

Used to go regularly when I was a chippie Kev.

I know there is a section of my spine which shows narrowing around the spinal chord; it is lower down than this would be though. Will probably just wait and see what's what.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

lucydad

« Reply #745 on: July 07, 2014, 07:21:51 AM »
Dusty,

The four day weekend was busy, productive and featured some fun rides:  over 300 miles on three different directions, didn't even get wet.  Little goose did get rained on one afternoon parked outside, but got cleaned off and put in dry garage. 

We figured out that my father in law with Alzheimer's (currently into second week of 3 week stay with us)  has also lost the ability to manage his medications.  In the handoff from brother in law to us we assumed he could still count out his pills in the right order, etc.  Well, nope, no longer.  Fortunately my wife figured out the situation and has rectified.  My mother almost killed herself last fall via wrong medication and jamming big horse pills down her throat and ripping her throat up and lost ability to swallow for a while.  We are making a Colorado trip early August to check on her status, her macular degeneration is the current concern:  at 93 she can barely see enough to function at the assisted living.  If her one working, sort of, eye gives up:  then what?  What, of course, is up to me to figure out.  Figured out over the weekend my brother with anxiety/depression continues to drain her cash at an astonishing rate:  where all the money goes is a mystery, but I stay out of it.  Detachment is one of my key life strategies.  The world's problems, and my extended family:  all not my responsibility.

Had neighbors over for spaghetti dinner last night:  a fun thing.  Glad I don't have to travel to India and China for my work. 

Work wobbles along:  lack of direction, too much work, ineffective boss, ineffective "team"-- so I really think one more year and I will retire and figure out the next stage in life. Daughters are thriving and we are all healthy, so life is good.  One more year of private college, and the launch of youngest:  and gates open for our flexibility.

Pondering replacing the old BMW:  looking at various choices and pondering taking some for sky high stock market before it corrects.  No clear obvious replacement car though, hate the dealer games. 

Life goes on, time to prioritize and move the random steel balls around the track a bit more.  Clickety clack.

Take care in Oklahoma. 

cheers,
The Durango Kid

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #746 on: July 07, 2014, 07:36:07 AM »
Made the last piece, lagged it down, and officially called Dorcia's gas pump done.  ;D

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #747 on: July 07, 2014, 10:08:27 AM »
Made the last piece, lagged it down, and officially called Dorcia's gas pump done.  ;D

[/quot

I LIKE IT !
  Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #748 on: September 25, 2014, 04:57:54 PM »
Well Dusty I had one of the worst work days in my 39 year career.  Details don't matter but bottom line is Mr. Boss crossed a line of dis-respect, dodging, whinging and plain old nasty-ness. I lost it.  Almost went in his office to have the screaming session and quit.  Did throw water glass across office, and kick plastic bits out door, and leave early.  Went and had a yogurt.  Texted my geologist about it and then Mr. Boss:  "do you want me to resign".  He tried to get me to talk and I have abstained. f*** the jerk.   I feel over worked with minimal help from anyone, we don't have the tools or staff to function.  Yet I am supposed to create miracles.  Mr. Boss will not/can not do his job, or communicate effectively. The entire management structure is dysfunctional and fear driven by the CEO tyrant.

Something broke today.  I have spent a year coping, dealing, doing my best, detaching.  Fact is the job sucks, the boss sucks, the organization is incompetent. But it pays $$$$$ and I have a family.  I feel trapped and frustrated and all too human.  I have never had one of those brick like, non-emotional personalities.  At a point when enough buttons are pushed I explode.

Stress is very high at work and home.  Next week is off due to surgery.  Mr. Boss could not remember that even though I told him multiple times and emailed reminders.  He is in la-la land I guess. 

So, yeah I may retire.  Best would be to last thru end of year and capture some stock.  Talked to wife and she is supportive.

It sucks.

oldbike54

« Reply #749 on: September 25, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »
Greg , did you punch him in the nose , please tell me you punched him in the nose , please oh please  :D Sending PM

Dusty

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here