Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505860 times)

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #1080 on: October 14, 2015, 11:26:30 PM »
Congrats on retirement LD.  About 9 weeks to go for me. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline zedXmick

• Gosling
« Reply #1081 on: October 15, 2015, 01:15:07 AM »
took advantage of the year end rebates and used the GM card reward points and traded in our 2010 Equinox on a 2015 Equinox. Love that new car smell.   :azn:  Pic of the 1LT FWD  2015

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:20:35 AM by zedXmick »
2010 VFR1200F  DCT

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #1082 on: November 07, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »
We had two days of nasty rain, with good snow in the mountains, so I'm gearing up for ski season -- I start teaching at Vail on Dec 12 and will make a dry run in the van next weekend.

After the rain it's been dry, clear, and cool -- probably our last good riding weather. I've been riding the F650 daily -- got caught in a snow squall on Friday -- and aside from putting on a new windscreen and inflating the tires, haven't had to do a thing to it. What a change from ride-repair, ride-repair.

After my ride today, I cleared out the back corner of the garage to make room for crabbing the T. Will begin disassembly on the next rainy day -- possibly Wednesday.

Meanwhile, tomorrow will be clear and 60F, so Gail and I will go for what may be our last longish ride of the season.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

oldbike54

« Reply #1083 on: November 08, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »
 My day has been perfect so far .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1083 on: November 08, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1084 on: November 08, 2015, 03:35:35 PM »
Yesterday was kind of grueling, but my Bison deluxe air MC lift arrived and we got it installed in the garage after my Chinese MC lift went kaput a few weeks ago. Now I can get back to work servicing my fleet of MC/scooters again.  :thumb:  It's an early Xmas gift to myself.  :grin:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:42:50 PM by Arizona Wayne »

lucydad

« Reply #1085 on: November 08, 2015, 07:53:10 PM »
Dusty,

Thanks for asking.  Today, Sunday was excellent:  great church service, then helped my buddy Ed shuttle his Ducati and BMW to his new townhouse in inner Houston.  He bought me a superb breakfast at a little joint 100 feet from his new hacienda. Ed is a great friend and always fun to be with.  Gorgeous day, with sun.  When I got home I played with the poodles, took a quick nap after talking with HQ, and then took the V7R out for a fairly long ride towards the coast. Low sun angle is now an issue in the late afternoon, but the dry air, sun and 73F temperatures were grand.

Friday and Saturday were not so good.  Friday we met with the builder about our new house.  Surprise:  it will be done before end of December.  We thought (erroneously) it would be February to March at earliest.  Our neighbor and real estate agent now calls this builder "superman".  So Friday was sort of a shock: how do we handle selling this house, how do we revise loan terms, now what?  WTF?  HQ had a stress-stomach issue.  Saturday I did some outside yard work, Ms LD did not like how I trimmed a bush and we had some fairly sharp words and her dad (Alzheimer's) got in the middle.  We are now two weeks into the ALZ clinic, and we both have fatigue and miss our privacy.  So yeah not so good.

Right now after talking to our investment gurus, our real estate guy and thinking:  likely we have a loan pathway.  We will talk to builder-lender Monday and hopefully can settle on a final plan and drive towards final loan approval without needing proceeds from current house. 

Getting this house ready to market December 2 will be a real challenge.  But I think we can do it.  But we need to close the ALZ clinic early so we can have this coming weekend free to focus and work and not have our time and energy drained.  One friend real estate lady we know told us she has a very interested buyer for this house, and wants the first showing, or early showing.  Sometimes houses in this area sell full price within hours.  That could happen.  We plan on the actual physical moving to the new house in January, after the holidays. Both daughters will be visiting here both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We decided to go nowhere out of town (yay).

Lots of moving parts.  My "retirement" will mainly go poof for between now and when we put this house on the market. Then will be a lot of closings, and then the actual move, and busy busy busy unpacking, settling, and all the tasks involved. 

Can't wait for that motorcycle only parking though.  Also can't wait to close the Alzheimer's clinic.  Grandpa is tougher and tougher each visit.  What is left of his brain is more and more opaque, unpredictable. and just plain nasty at times. 

Can you say high stress?  Yes you can. 

Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:58:57 PM by lucydad »

lucydad

Re: How was your day
« Reply #1086 on: November 19, 2015, 10:46:01 PM »
Dusty,

Well the house real estate torture continues.  Long story short:  our real estate broker/agent turned out to be unethical.  Complicated, but my wife short-circuited with anger this morning when we figured out what he pulled on us about 24 hours ago.  So, we called sister in law who also is a real estate broker.  She walked us thru the communication to break a signed contract under duress.  Now the ball is in our agent's court.  No telling what will happen here.  We trusted him, and he screwed us.  We also had an admitted lapse of common sense, got in a hurry and made a mistake.  Damn I hope this agent is reasonable.  If not, it is legal time and severe conflict I suppose. 

I am not very good at conflict.  My wife, however, is very good at this stuff.  Today was miserable for both of us trying to figure out what to do.
Now we wait, with a deadline for a response tomorrow afternoon.

Good news is youngest daughter in NYC was told by boss:  hey we are going to make you a full time job offer with benefits, permanent, not a contract position....right after Thanksgiving.  That is fantastic.  Both daughters will be here Thanksgiving and for a fairly lengthy Christmas break.  We will have fun despite all the house shit and stress. 

Why do people have to be such assholes?  We feel violated by someone we trusted.  My best friend told me lawyers and real estate agents are similar:  just greedy bastards.  What was that old lawyer joke? Something about sharks.  I ended a long friendship with a lawyer about a month ago.  She could never act like a friend, she always was into control and argue win/lose games.  Finally I said enough and slammed the door shut.  Huge ego.

Keep us in your thoughts.  Retirement has not been much fun lately.  I will take the Guzzi out for a ride Friday morning.  Friday afternoon some old cohorts and real friends are having a retirement party for me.  It should be fun.  I hope my mood improves.  I have been pretty depressed today. 

Large poodle got bit by spider.  So we have to take care of the wound, and give antibiotics and she has an old t-shirt on covering the wound to help keep it clean and soak drainage.  Not sure what kind of spider, but vet said she sees this once in a while. 

Come on universe, give us a break here.

Thanks for listening.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1087 on: November 20, 2015, 12:39:41 AM »
Thoughts and prayers with you LD.  You don't need conflict like that in the middle of what is a very stressful time.  Enjoy the time with your daughters and I hope things turn out well so that you can actually enjoy that retirement you have worked so hard for.
03 Breva

bpreynolds

« Reply #1088 on: November 20, 2015, 05:42:13 AM »
LD, so sorry.  There's this great and kinda funny/sad Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song called, "People Just Ain't No Good" and sometimes it's easy to see the truth in it or at least be swayed a bit in the song's argument.  I certainly hope you and the wife can manage as best as possible through this trial. 

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1089 on: November 20, 2015, 02:49:57 PM »
Thanks for asking Dusty.
As I sit at the 'pooter musilating ( a great word that someone came up with when preaching a sermon, a mix of musing, meditating and contemplating; should be in the English dictionary I feel) I feel that things are on the up.

I have found a really good physio (an ex All Black physio no less) who is downright brilliant. In two sessions he got rid of the pain in my legs that has been a curse for over 5 years, since my first accident. A couple more and he had the neck working again after being rear ended, and since he put me on a conditioning program that I can do on my gym at home the body, once it warms up, feels a lot better.  A simple night splint has got rid of the numb hand that kept on waking me up during the night.  Can't do anything with the numb fingers and toes though. :cry:

Had a great trip to and from the Guzzi rally in Invercargill and the bike just ran superbly. Had a great time and was really good catching up again with johnr.

I have only nine working days to go until retirement; might have to start watering down the wine when that happens though. :cry: :cry:

Supposed to rain today but I will probably spend that in the man cave putting mesh on the strawberry frame I built yesterday and assembling a whole heap of drawers that I have precut to hold the various classes of munt I possess in one place on the shelves.

The bro and sis-in-law are due over from Oz  in just over a weeks time. Having a combined birthday bash since our birthdays are only three days apart. All the outlaws will be there. Will be good fun as the nephews are all lovable rogues and all purpose hangmen are are always good for a lear-up.

I guess what started all this was reading again about LD's trials at about the same stage of our lives (retirement), and how grateful I am to be where I am at this stage.  LD, thinking of you buddy. Hoping for the very best for you.
03 Breva

oldbike54

« Reply #1090 on: November 20, 2015, 03:15:18 PM »
 Greg , hang in , it will get better .

Muzz , now THERE is some good news , your buddy Johnr is gonna need some help and now that you are feeling better and will have some time ...

Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1091 on: November 20, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »
Remember Dusty, I was there and cruising behind him when "it" happened! :shocked:

Sadly, I don't know just what caused the problem, and john doesn't either.  My mantra would be a pc valve.

As you said though, next year I will have more time to shoot down. I want to do the Haast road in bright sunshine rather than in a weather bomb as per last time I rode it.
03 Breva

lucydad

« Reply #1092 on: November 21, 2015, 09:01:40 PM »
Guys,

Thanks for your encouragement and kind words.  We just cleared up the house sale real estate issue.  Confusion and poor communication were the issues.  All is well and we have a very clear pathway to the new house move.  The only unknown is the final loan approval on the new place. Now that we have a contract to sell this current house, the builder/lender would be idiots to hesitate.  We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but in all the scenario is excellent.

Been a shitty experience though.  Stress has been way high since last Wednesday. 

Daughters fly in Wednesday morning for almost a week.  Fun and loud will be the keywords.  Poodles can't wait.  I miss my daughters.

I am bummed about MPH dropping MG.  But I get Mike's situation.  MG really blew that relationship. 

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1093 on: November 21, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »
Good, had an early Thanksgiving. My apple smoked turkey turned out PERFECT as usual. Our friend Deacon brought his little girl Olivia over for dinner, she's a good kid and cute as a button. We all had a great dinner and a relaxing evening and I have LEFTOVERS!!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1094 on: November 22, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »
LD, when Dorcia and I were building Castle Pretentious (tm) the guy at the lumber yard asked if we had "the fight" yet.  :smiley: He said, "Just yesterday, a guy and his wife were duking it out right over there.."
Uh, yeah.. it's kind of stressful.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

lucydad

« Reply #1095 on: November 22, 2015, 12:42:43 PM »
Chuck,

You pretty much nailed it.  A house sell/move/build is very high stress.  We have been in this house 15 years.  My wife has a lot of attachments and memories.  She is much more emotional than I.  Go figure on this one:  men and women are different.  She emotionally spun out while all I saw was a business deal.  Anyway, we survived once again.  I guess that is how a couple stays married almost 3 decades now.  This has been one of the most stressful few days in years. 

So, we go on now, and let the emotional crap go, and move ahead.  Next time:  slow down on real estate contract signings, do not use a friend for a real estate broker, and also anticipate how difficult the change is. 

Beautiful day here, but chilly for the Gulf Coast.  Not sure what I will do the rest of the day. 

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1096 on: November 22, 2015, 12:47:54 PM »

Beautiful day here, but chilly for the Gulf Coast. 

Yeah, Chilly ride this morning but pleasant.

1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Gino

• Hatchling
« Reply #1097 on: November 22, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »
Started the day with a dull head following a family birthday last night but eventually got myself sorted and made something of the sun, damned cold here today in Scotland but great to get out

lucydad

« Reply #1098 on: November 22, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
Blackcat and Gino:

Man those are some gorgeous bikes!!  I will get the V7R out tomorrow.  Mondays are favorite riding days for us retirees you see...we don't have to get up and work...heheheh

Offline Gino

• Hatchling
« Reply #1099 on: November 22, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »
Thanks, I tried retiring but got bored, it's a balance, keep working enjoy the office banter and have extra cash to squander but no time, or retire and have still no time and no banter, I'll figure it out someday! Enjoy your ride tomorrow, I'll be in the office wondering why I'm there  :angry:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1100 on: November 22, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »
Blackcat and Gino:

Man those are some gorgeous bikes!!  I will get the V7R out tomorrow.  Mondays are favorite riding days for us retirees you see...we don't have to get up and work...heheheh

I'll agree on the pictures all right, but we had our first blast of Winter yesterday. 9F when I woke up this morning, everything snow covered. Fortunately, I rode both bikes last week, filled the tanks, and added Stabil. It'll be a while.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #1101 on: November 22, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »
Sweet day. Long ride in perfect weather, only 6 months to go of perfect ridibg weather... new sport 1100 is running spot on. I love this bike!
Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1102 on: November 22, 2015, 10:08:13 PM »
Another triathlon, 2nd place in my age group on the bike, 46mph top speed, that's like 105 on the mc. Need more practice for the swim & run.  :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tIXmqUZ-BQ
Flippity Floppity Floop

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1103 on: November 22, 2015, 10:40:17 PM »
Blackcat and Gino:

Agreed! 

Started the day with a dull head following a family birthday last night but eventually got myself sorted and made something of the sun, damned cold here today in Scotland but great to get out

Cool bike and cool bridge!  Gino, I met you in Wyoming - You're a world traveler!
http://ginoontour.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:45:55 PM by SED »
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1104 on: November 22, 2015, 11:25:02 PM »
Another triathlon, 2nd place in my age group on the bike, 46mph top speed, that's like 105 on the mc. Need more practice for the swim & run.  :thumb:

Watched that video and thought you were on a motorcycle with all the people you passed!  Nice work!

Also had a shadow:

A great day!
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Gino

• Hatchling
« Reply #1105 on: November 23, 2015, 11:58:19 AM »
Cool bike and cool bridge!  Gino, I met you in Wyoming - You're a world traveler!
http://ginoontour.blogspot.com/

Yes you were on the Red Hunter, impressed with you guys doing serious mileages on very old bikes, never realised you had Guzzi's as well! Small world, back working saving for the next adventure just now

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #1106 on: November 23, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »

Nice video, and good soundtrack!  It's a great feeling when no one has the legs to pass you.  Sadly, my outdoor bicycling season is done for the year.  It's all gym miles until March or April.  Still riding the MG though!
Owen

2014 V7 Special

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1107 on: November 23, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »
Thanks guys & thanks to the board & Triple Jim helping me get started.  :thumb:
Flippity Floppity Floop

oldbike54

« Reply #1108 on: November 23, 2015, 10:20:50 PM »
 Really nice morning , followed by a nice 100 mile ride , followed by a couple hours of pleasant work , followed by a pleasant evening hanging out with my buddy Jay  :smiley:

Dusty

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
« Reply #1109 on: November 24, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »
Nice video, and good soundtrack!  It's a great feeling when no one has the legs to pass you.  Sadly, my outdoor bicycling season is done for the year.  It's all gym miles until March or April.  Still riding the MG though!

Uncontrollable urge, my second fav Devo song next to Mongoloid. Hope to get back to some competitive riding once our babies are out of diapers.
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here