Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 509054 times)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2013, 05:44:46 PM »
Where does the heat from the VW cylinders go?   I'm sure it has a grill on the front but where does the air go afterwards?   How many horsepower do you reckon it makes compared to the 40 or 50 of the old veedub mills?

Such a neat little plane.   I trust that you didn't lay down on the ground and get about 3 feet from it and used some forced perspective to make a slick model look like a full sized plane?    In the next picture, a giant hand comes down and picks it up?    :D   :D   :D

Lannis

There are plenums over both sides that force the air down through the cylinder fins. There's an intake on the front of the cowl that forces air over the oil pan. All this heated air exits in a low pressure duct at the bottom of the cowl.
This engine is an 1835cc (bigger cylinders, stock stroke) that makes about 60 hp.
It's not a model, but..no, you wouldn't fit.. ;D :BEER: I built it to fit Dorcia and I. Just barely.. but we've been all over the midwest in it. ;) It weighs 500 lbs empty.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2013, 06:34:44 PM »
You can wax and polish motorbikes?  Who knew!  Nick

It's a perversion ;) Don't be tempted ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2013, 06:37:36 PM »

It's not a model, but..no, you wouldn't fit.. ;D :BEER:

That's what I said about the bike in the Transit van, and I've been hearing about THAT ever since!  :P    You might be surprised ..... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »
That's what I said about the bike in the Transit van, and I've been hearing about THAT ever since!  :P    You might be surprised ..... !

Lannis

Trust me.  ;D "Maybe" I could get you in the latest ship, but it would be a squeeze. Airplanes weren't invented for giants. ;) You are welcome to give it a go if you are ever through fly over country, though.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »
Quinine.  There's one that hasn't been mentioned to me either.  I might get me some.

One thing I take in burst RK is an anti-spasm thing called Norflex. The rheumatologist and one other dr spat the dummy when I asked about taking .it, one saying it was "crap medication". However, I finally told the rheumatologist that it wasn't him trying to function on 1-2 hours sleep and he beeter be more specific if there was actually something bad about it. He then said "if it works for you then I suppose you could take it in small blocks". It certainly eases back the severity for me within about 1-2 days. As I was basically crippled by the end of the day yesterday I took my first one in the evening. Hardly any cramps/spasms today. ;-T Tend to sleep a lot better when I am taking it.

Any checks I have done show no reaction to any of the meds I am on other than Tramadol, where you may suffer a bit from dizziness. Two those and the room spins for 5 hours anyway.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
What a beautiful aircraft.  I have always jonesed over an open cockpit plane. I get rides now and rt hen from a local navy trainer, ahh. Like riding a bike in the sky!

Just spent a horrible weekend at the vet hospital saving my JRT from a peach pit he somehow got ahold of.  Ouch! There went $4k
Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
          You must love that dog mate ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2013, 10:17:58 PM »
What a beautiful aircraft.  I have always jonesed over an open cockpit plane. I get rides now and rt hen from a local navy trainer, ahh. Like riding a bike in the sky!

Just spent a horrible weekend at the vet hospital saving my JRT from a peach pit he somehow got ahold of.  Ouch! There went $4k

$4K!   Jeez-o-man!   I've spent $1500 on a cat before, but had no idea you could spend $4K on cat OR dog!

Sometimes you gotta do it though.   

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

oldbike54

« Reply #248 on: July 29, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
I have considered enlisting my dogs into the military , so the can go to the Vet's Vet . Seriously , we have all been there , they are like family . Of course if it had been a human patient the bill would have been 40,000 dollars , so maybe a bargain . Bless you for loving a dog so much .
Dusty

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2013, 11:20:26 PM »
Thanks. Reggie is a special dog. Loves to ride around on my bikes, carriage, horseback, car whatever. If a dog can be a gearhead, he is. If it goes fast, count him in. Having had a lot of dogs over the years, they are family.  It's like motorcycling, if you have to explain....
Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

oldbike54

« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2013, 10:12:36 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2013, 10:41:08 PM »
              Seven days in. Improving. An inhalation before bed at night seems to be doing the trick. Windy and cold outside. Too dangerous for me yet.
Oz
04 Cali

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
        Forgot to mention that Carmel is on her way back to Hawaii for the final week. No chopper trip over the Grand Canyon. She is disappointed but will elaborate on her arrival home ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2013, 06:28:10 PM »
Day(s) are getting better. Great to have the worst of my pain go. Also great that I am completely off the Diclofenac (Voltarin). Have been taking the (crap) medication for the cramps, and as they have subsided so has that b.awful pain in the groin, which is brilliant. Have dropped those for a bit; will be interested to see if the pain comes back. After two weeks am able to walk pretty well; just have the crutches when I go for a walk in case the cramp strikes. It hits the kneecap and the leg just folds which I can't afford to have happen. Pain levels overall have decreased dramatically. ;-T

The son is now self employed in his own business, doing power steering repairs, wheel alignment and suspension. Plenty of business in that at the moment as some of our Christchurch roads are still pretty bad after the earthquake. In fact, a few months ago someone with a sense of humour put a sign up in front of a renewed section of road, "Warning, no potholes for the next 200 metres". ;D I have been occupied researching computers etc. so that has been a nice distraction.

I think life is looking up!!!! ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #254 on: August 04, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »
          Good to hear, Muzz ;D
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2013, 06:55:44 PM »
I agree , great news .  :)
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #256 on: August 05, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »
OK fellas , time to vent, brag , or just tell us how in heck you are doing . I'll start , mowed after wrestling my mower in to submission , yard was a bit of a jungle do to all the rain , also got some work done on a customers project , looking forward to seeing my buddy Jay for a few days . Weather is a little better here , not as humid . 75 mile ride on some good roads tomorrow , woo hoo .
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #257 on: August 05, 2013, 11:06:28 PM »
        Am a lot better today and I should think so; it's bin 2 weeks. Even better, Carmel comes home tomorrow ;D
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2013, 11:11:15 PM »
        Am a lot better today and I should think so; it's bin 2 weeks. Even better, Carmel comes home tomorrow ;D
OK Bal , we promise not to bother you tomorrow . :D :o
Dusty

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2013, 12:05:04 AM »
I have considered enlisting my dogs into the military , so the can go to the Vet's Vet . Seriously , we have all been there , they are like family . Of course if it had been a human patient the bill would have been 40,000 dollars , so maybe a bargain . Bless you for loving a dog so much .
Dusty

Vets are more skilled than people doctors.  They have to make diagnosis without the patient telling them where it hurts.
  It is unfortunate that they are not allowed to work on people.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

oldbike54

« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2013, 12:14:45 AM »
They cant ? :o Uh oh , maybe that is why I have started chasing cats .
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2013, 04:13:08 AM »
           The Very Latest is that Carmel's son has gotten engaged and because she does not have her phone with her, She Does Not Know. You blokes are the first to know. Couldn't keep my mouth shut ;D There isn't a snowball's chance in Hell that she will see it on here. Can't wait to see her face when he rings tomorrow ;D ;D ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »
Back on pedals after a LONG LONG time.  Did many miles through college & early adulthood before life and motorcycles got the better of me.  I can tell you this. . . the "t'aint" aint what it use to be- but it's getting there!  Need much more time in the saddle.

hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

lucydad

« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2013, 09:13:15 PM »
Dusty,

Mind if I vent....?  Wow the past couple weeks have been a cluster f***.  Work is dismal:  company sold our division, and we are awaiting details on new positions. As prime family provider...well, here we go again in the oil business.  What was hopefully a great gig to finish my career turned into a shit sandwich.  Private college is damn expensive, plus mortgage and non working wife and you know how it goes.

Last week I had some major work conflict getting some Technology service guys to perform and actually deliver on promises.  Since our division is sold they pretty much tried to dodge the work.  And it sucks.

My brother is a mess:  major medical issues, depression, suicidal and if he does not get his life together I will have to bail him out.  My mother is very fragile and also showing signs of depression and I am the only go to guy again. 

Conflict baby, and sometimes it takes poking people hard to get communication.  Communication just seems crossed wires.

Then there is the blue bavarian bitch otherwise known as my bmw 330.  Took it to Firestone (I know I am stupid) to get a state inspection (no problem since MPH fixed the oil issues) and also fix what I thought was a minor window washer leak.  Tried to pick it up yesterday, not done, then they say it is done today...fine.  Never got an estimate or any communications (that f***ing C-word again).  They did not fix the washer, they did fix the leak and charged $400.  I blew up....after they delivered the car with no notice it was not washing/pumping.  Got home frustrated as hell in the horrid heat/humidity, tried to call them on my cell phone to tell them be sure to lock car, and that I would accept nothing but a fix at no more cost, and my f***ing iPhone drops the call, of course.  I lost it...and threw my iPhone down on the floor and broke it.  Finally they called back on our land line and I read the manager the riot f***ing act...he said it was his fault and he would fix it. 

I grilled steaks and fed the fam and drank some wine and apologized to my wife and youngest daughter.  Y-daughter switched my iPhone to her old one and was understanding.  I frankly threw a tantrum at age 59.  So I am a f***ing human being?  Geez.  So, my phone can be fixed and we will see if the bastards at Firestone will f*** me over again, or not. 

The good news is I have a serious job search started and in a week we will be in cooler Colorado.  I think my stress meter is in total pegged red line fed up with the non-answer answers, flat out lies, dodgy people and such.  Thank God for a supporting family though.  Sheesh will someone hurry the calendar up to October please?  I hate summers in Houston.

Ok, rant over.  Other good news:  may have found the perfect leather riding jacket at a great price.  We will see if it fits courtesy of a nice guzzi forum member.

Sorry...had to blow it out... ::(

oldbike54

« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »
Dude , it is OK . The impetus for this thread was partly to give everyone a chance to vent , bitch , brag , whatever needed doing . We are the same age , and at times the urge to "lose it " still happens .
 My day could have ended in disaster as my old /5 developed a tire issue, caught the problem before it turned really bad . The disappointing part is that my planned trip to Siloam Springs Ar for some pleasure and business was put on hold for a few days , but compared to some troubles others are experiencing pretty minor . Yes it is hot and humid here also, HIF 113 today , but a cool down is coming , at least our ambient air temps aren't 115 like last year .
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »
Dusty
So , how was it ?
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2013, 11:00:36 PM »
           Gradually getting over a cold. The older I get the longer it takes. Been reading to stop going crazy. "The Cuckoo's Calling", by Robert Galbraith, alias J K Rowling and have discovered the crime-fiction of Michael Connelly, an American.
           Carmel got home from the States a couple of weeks ago, in pretty run-down but happy condition, having stayed out til 2am every morning for the entire trip. One of her pals, an old army girl from Oz, decided that she wanted to go shooting, as you do ;D, and took half a dozen or so pals with her, including Carmel, to www.thegun storelasvegas.com, where they all had a ball with machine guns for Pete's sake ;D Carmel, never having fired anything much at all, wisely chose a 22 handgun and peppered a target with it from 8 yards. Not only that but she brought it home to show me, just to see the look on my face ;D
           Can't be too long before I'm fit for the bike.
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2013, 09:17:20 PM »
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2013, 10:05:45 PM »
The good news:  Got a call late last evening with a heads-up for fishing this morning.  Came home in mid afternoon with limits of everything out there.  Filled 5gal bucket with boneless fillet.   8)

the bad news:  Now I have to put it all somewhere.   :o
:food Dangit , too far for dinner . :(
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
           First ride for weeks and weeks yesterday. Too many road works but the weather is perfect and I pulled up ok too. It can only get better ;D
Oz
04 Cali

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here