Author Topic: Spray painting a motorcycle  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: Spray painting a motorcycle
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2023, 08:38:20 AM »
Hello, I’m Dan and I’m also a REDNECK🤔
I’ve did a few small projects over the years with spray cans also.
As my experiments and experience developed I came to a couple conclusions.

-Use good quality spray that’s actually designed for the material you are working with (metal, wood, plastic, etc).
- take the time necessary to properly prepare the item being painted.
- apply the coats in layers, put on a layer, let dry, sand with fine grit paper, then apply the next coat. Repeating the process as necessary.
- after the last coat allow complete drying, sand with very fine grit paper and buff to a beautiful shine.
- clear coating always completed the job for me.

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2023, 08:26:04 AM »
OK, you've had all the serious answers, submitted for your amusement.

I had no idea I'd earned a Redneck card.

Back in my misspent youth I had a 3/4 ton Chevy pickup in awful green. So one day I painted it black, with a large brush.

Then I splatter painted it various neon colors over top of that black, with smaller brushes.

I HONESTLY contemplated doing that to a Black Road King a few years later, but it wound up being a pretty Blue so I left it alone.

If you didn't know you had a Redneck card, then it was probably just a Learner's Permit.  Getting the full blown Redneck Union card takes years of disciplined study and practice.  Preferably under the tutelage of several masters of the craft.

Many can earn the card for a little while, but holding on to it for any length of time, is a highly disciplined skill set not many can sustain.

That truck actually looks like a pretty good paint scheme.  White or silver would have been a better base coat to show off the accents.

When he was about 20, one of my older brothers painted a 15 year old Ford Falcon with a brush/sponge.  It came out great.  From 10 feet, no one could tell it was a brush/sponge paint job.

Don't sell yourself short Kev.  You're still young.  Set the bar higher!!!   :wink:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 08:30:35 AM by SIR REAL ED »
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2023, 06:53:46 AM »
If you didn't know you had a Redneck card, then it was probably just a Learner's Permit.  Getting the full blown Redneck Union card takes years of disciplined study and practice.  Preferably under the tutelage of several masters of the craft.

Many can earn the card for a little while, but holding on to it for any length of time, is a highly disciplined skill set not many can sustain.

That truck actually looks like a pretty good paint scheme.  White or silver would have been a better base coat to show off the accents.

When he was about 20, one of my older brothers painted a 15 year old Ford Falcon with a brush/sponge.  It came out great.  From 10 feet, no one could tell it was a brush/sponge paint job.

Don't sell yourself short Kev.  You're still young.  Set the bar higher!!!   :wink:

Copy that, never give up...
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here