General Category > General Discussion

A 1000S from Michigan

(1/11) > >>

sdcr:
Trying to tip toe around this, and still have it part of the discussion. On a very well known auction site, there is a beautiful
1991 Moto Guzzi 1000S. Looks like it was originally from GT Motors.

The owner has very good taste in Moto Guzzi’s.

Does it belong to anyone here.

guzzisteve:
Looks like a nice one, Bub head pipes & Conti's from same. Not many miles.

kidsmoke:

--- Quote from: sdcr on June 06, 2023, 05:16:00 PM ---Trying to tip toe around this, and still have it part of the discussion. On a very well known auction site, there is a beautiful
1991 Moto Guzzi 1000S. Looks like it was originally from GT Motors.

The owner has very good taste in Moto Guzzi’s.

Does it belong to anyone here.

--- End quote ---

The seller popped up on Facebook a couple of months back and was asking questions that led me to believe he didn’t know what he had. Pure speculation on my part but I’d guess this seller inherited a group of machines and is liquidating. Again based on my perception of his reaction. If I’m way off, it’s not the first time. This is not to throw shade on the sale/seller in any manner. 

Does look like a lovely bike.

sdcr:

--- Quote from: kidsmoke on June 06, 2023, 08:03:40 PM ---The seller popped up on Facebook a couple of months back and was asking questions that led me to believe he didn’t know what he had. Pure speculation on my part but I’d guess this seller inherited a group of machines and is liquidating. Again based on my perception of his reaction. If I’m way off, it’s not the first time. This is not to throw shade on the sale/seller in any manner. 

Does look like a lovely bike.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, good to know.
John

LeRoy:

--- Quote from: bmc5733946 on June 06, 2023, 06:29:04 PM ---I think the GT Motors sticker placement is suspect. Larry usually placed them somewhere on the rear of the bike, below the license plate etc.
>>>>>
So I took a second look and there is a sticker in the usual position.

--- End quote ---

Just another point of reference: On my 1986 Le Mans IV, bought new from Larry Klein in September 1986, the GT Motors stickers are on the rear below the license plate and at the bottom of the right fork leg. Square corners, too.  :laugh:

I still have the bike but it's such a shame we don't still have Larry.

By the way, I'm in Michigan, not far from where the auction bike is located. I'd be happy to take a look at the bike on behalf of any list member.

LeRoy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version