Author Topic: Norge Wanted  (Read 19408 times)

Offline bratman2

• Gosling
Re: Norge Wanted
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
I use to say for decades that only a fool would buy a new bike with so many clean, low mile models always available. Until I bought my leftover 09 silver Norge. So now I am the fool. Honestly it was the first time I could pay cash for a new one, probably still a fool just the same. Do still love my Norge.
Glenn Taylor
09 Norge with Staintune and Rexxer reflash
87 Subaru Brat (owned since 97)

canuguzzi

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2015, 10:47:27 PM »
PM'd but just in case you see this first:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/4930751118.html

Looks sorted and ready to go.

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2015, 05:36:52 AM »

3 grand.
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2015, 05:54:56 AM »

3 grand.

Can't beat the price, but the mileage concerns me a bit.
Jerry
Florida

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2015, 05:54:56 AM »

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2015, 07:10:51 AM »
I'd rather have a bike that's been ridden than one that's been sitting for a long time.

Those 'new in showroom' bikes that have sat for 4 years have more chance of seals failing than one with 50k miles on them.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »
Can't beat the price, but the mileage concerns me a bit.

65,000 miles on a Norge concerns you? Well, you're not alone. I once had the dealer I bought my first Buell from tell me that they wouldn't take my bike back on a trade for a new Buell because it had 60 K showing on the odometer.
However, I can't say as I blame you; I'd be cautious, too.
If the Norge doesn't sell at a bargain price, then I'll just keep it. I knew when I bought it that Guzzis have poor resale value and that I might be buying a bike that was going to stay with me forever.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:16:04 AM by Crusty »
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Offline Scott of the Sahara

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
I think the engine would be good for 20 or 30k miles more without problems maybe more. It is a heck of a deal.

canuguzzi

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2015, 01:52:22 PM »
The CL ad I linked to is from a guy involved in Italian cars - runs a parts shop for Maserati/Lancia and Fiat. He has more than one Guzzi so I'm betting it is well sorted and ready to go. It has just enough miles on it so that it's been ridden casually and not left to dry out but low enough that it is close to new condition.

With the Wilbur shock and aftermarket exhaust it should ride and sound really nice.

I'll assist a buyer with an unbiased (other than I really like the Norge model) look over and pictures.

Note: I do not know the seller personally.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here