Author Topic: Givi E470N recommendations / comments?  (Read 733 times)

Offline Moto Sonoma Mesilla

• New Egg
Givi E470N recommendations / comments?
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:14:54 PM »
Hi!

Givi E470N Top Case with E94 Stop Light on an '06 Breva 1100 recommendations and comments?

Thank you for any experience, comments or recommendations you might be able to offer regarding this product and / or combination.
What is it too big for? Too small for? Best for?
MG GU05677230 Rear Carrier Rack currently installed.
MonoLOCK vs. MonoKEY quality, reliability, robustness, weatherability, recommendations or comments?
E94 installation, reliability, visibility?

Thank you!

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: Givi E470N recommendations / comments?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 07:43:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum..
My thoughts, top cases make a bike look ugly but their convenience/usefulness out weighs that for many people.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Deno

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:48:33 PM »
It will upset the looks of the bike but I do like the one I have on my EV. It was put on about three years ago.I did not realize just how nice it is to just throw a jacket and helmet in and close it up. Get the bigger (56l?) size.
I have had Givi side bags for 15 years without any issues other than fading over time. Always water tight and no failures.
As for the light kit; I guess you never know if it did it's job or not unless you have had a close encounter or rear end accident. I cannot comment on the light kit install as it was done by Jim Hamlin.
I am buying a new bike and need to decide about the tail box. I think I will enjoy the bike for a while and see what life is like with just side bags.
In my opinion Fotoguzzi is right about the looks.

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum..
My thoughts, top cases make a bike look ugly but their convenience/usefulness out weighs that for many people.

Agreed, but get the side cases on too and the space time continuum of motorbike beauty is restored  :wink:
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
If you need the space what's the question?
If you need it sometimes they go on and off as needed.
If you don't need it what's the question?

I've got a GIVI on my Norge and it's the third bike it's been on.  Light kit included.  Works perfect for it's intended use.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Moto Sonoma Mesilla

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 07:20:30 PM »
Thank you all for your feedback.

I have the Moto Guzzi (Aprilia) panniers installed - and am looking for increased / more convenient storage - and also something that fits my laptop other than a backpack.

I am well past the point of caring about looks, but thank you for weighing in.

Hope to meet some of you in Datil.

Thank you again for your input.

Bert Remington

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 10:28:07 AM »
MSM -- the Givi MonoLock system is great!  I have an E300N2 I switch between my Royal Enfield and my Norge (I bought a second base plate for the Norge to replace the MG top case base plate).  Simple, easy-to-use and cheap enough to buy two sizes (I'm considering the E470NA for the Datil event).  Spare keys are available (I have two for a total of four keys).  I've only driven in light rain but things only got wet when I opened the case.  I think liners are a better weather solution than seals.

One MonoLock safety feature I like is if you try to overfill it or leave something hanging out the side, the top won't close.

The Givi stop light kit is marginal bling.  If you install it, supplement it with your own LED lights.

I don't recognize your rack but I'm sure the MonoLock base plate can be easily adapted.  Adapting it to the Norge only took a bit of filing and I can reinstall the MG base plate in a half-hour.

MonoLock is your best value for a top-case-only solution.

Offline flower_king001

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 02:55:02 PM »
Hi!

Givi E470N Top Case with E94 Stop Light on an '06 Breva 1100 recommendations and comments?

Thank you for any experience, comments or recommendations you might be able to offer regarding this product and / or combination.
What is it too big for? Too small for? Best for?
MG GU05677230 Rear Carrier Rack currently installed.
MonoLOCK vs. MonoKEY quality, reliability, robustness, weatherability, recommendations or comments?
E94 installation, reliability, visibility?

Thank you!

I have a E470N top case for over a year on my Breva. Does the job well and will fit a 2XL Schuberth modular helmet in sideways along with other things. Doesn't leak a drop of water and all in all does a great job. Looks? Well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I ride a Guzzi with a Give top case for pure enjoyment and functionality.  Here are a few shots of my current setup.

Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1986 Moto Guzzi Lemans IV 1000
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here