General Category > General Discussion

I need to learn how to….

(1/5) > >>

bobrebos:
Balance throttle bodies, adjust tps, step motor etc on my 2013 Stelvio or leave Moto guzzi.  If I can’t do the maintenance on it I have no business owning one.   I change rearend/tranny fluid brake fluid plugs etc but some of the things I’m clueless on.   I don’t have a dealership nearby that anybody gives me any vote of confidence on, matter of fact just the opposite.  To you tube I go. 

Ncdan:

--- Quote from: bobrebos on May 20, 2022, 01:45:47 PM ---Balance throttle bodies, adjust tps, step motor etc on my 2013 Stelvio or leave Moto guzzi.  If I can’t do the maintenance on it I have no business owning one.   I change rearend/tranny fluid brake fluid plugs etc but some of the things I’m clueless on.   I don’t have a dealership nearby that anybody gives me any vote of confidence on, matter of fact just the opposite.  To you tube I go.

--- End quote ---
There are several guys here that can assist and walk you through the process, as they have me👍

PJPR01:

--- Quote from: bobrebos on May 20, 2022, 01:45:47 PM ---Balance throttle bodies, adjust tps, step motor etc on my 2013 Stelvio or leave Moto guzzi.  If I can’t do the maintenance on it I have no business owning one.   I change rearend/tranny fluid brake fluid plugs etc but some of the things I’m clueless on.   I don’t have a dealership nearby that anybody gives me any vote of confidence on, matter of fact just the opposite.  To you tube I go.

--- End quote ---

There is a thread on here about how to use Guzzidiag...would suggest reading it, reading it again, printing it out and having it with you while working on the bike.

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=96957.0

Download (for free) the latest version of Guzzidiag
Buy the Lonelec cables, do NOT buy any other cables
Get a good laptop
Make sure your battery is either fully charged OR on a charger

If you are unable for any reason to connect, try a different USB port on your computer until it connects.

When it does, you just follow the instructions step by step (turn on ignition, read values, reset parameters, turn off etc.) in the order the software prompts you to do so.  Follow it step by step or it won't work.

Throttle body balancing - buy a Carbtune or Twinmax (I have a practically new one, happy to send it to you for the cost of postage) if you prefer it over the Carbtune.

Once you are able to master Guzzidiag for reading values, resetting parameters, you can then take the next steps IF needed to load a new map (from Beetle) if you desire.

Did I mention that you need to go Step by step?  You'll see why once you download the software.

guzzisteve:
You don't have to leave Bob, haul it up to Sloans= pretty good shop. A friend of mine took his Aprillia there w/great results.

bobrebos:

--- Quote from: PJPR01 on May 20, 2022, 02:47:31 PM ---There is a thread on here about how to use Guzzidiag...would suggest reading it, reading it again, printing it out and having it with you while working on the bike.

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=96957.0

Download (for free) the latest version of Guzzidiag
Buy the Lonelec cables, do NOT buy any other cables
Get a good laptop
Make sure your battery is either fully charged OR on a charger

If you are unable for any reason to connect, try a different USB port on your computer until it connects.

When it does, you just follow the instructions step by step (turn on ignition, read values, reset parameters, turn off etc.) in the order the software prompts you to do so.  Follow it step by step or it won't work.

Throttle body balancing - buy a Carbtune or Twinmax (I have a practically new one, happy to send it  :thumb:to you for the cost of postage) if you prefer it over the Carbtune.
 :thumb: :thumb:
Once you are able to master Guzzidiad for reading values, resetting parameters, you can then take the next steps IF needed to load a new map (from Beetle) if you desire.

Did I mention that you need to go Step by step?  You'll see why once you download the software.

--- End quote ---

Thank you! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version