General Category > General Discussion

Your most embarrassing motorcycle moment .

<< < (17/18) > >>

pressureangle:
Ya know those things from decades ago, that you'd forgot? Thanks fellas.

Circa 1982 I thought I needed more traction on the front of my flat track bike, and thought installing a rear 4.00 x 19 would do the job. After my buddy's brother stopped by the garage and smoked all the mosquitoes out (and us) we went inside, happy to load up in the morning and get to the race track.
So, our race ride and elder statesman, an AA mentor, shows up to load and I see that my supreme answer to all front end traction was flat as new and stuck between the fork legs. I suggested that it would narrow up with air, but it got tighter... he well knew what state we'd been in while making those decisions. Embarrassing and shameful even for a 20 year old.

Then there was the time my '97 Sport-i pinned me to the curb in front of a hotel, and a very nice young woman who looked to be about high school freshman age offered help and picked the bike up for me, of course while the airport courtesy shuttle was unloading. I subsequently cut the 'auto-retract' nub off the pivot bolt.

Bulldog9:
Having my orthopedic surgeon walk up to me after my post surgical consult as I was getting my gear on....... He was very unhappy with me and said "I hope you didn't just take a Vicodin" .....  lol.

Dukedesmo:
Many years ago whilst at High School in Florence, Italy some of us would meet up after school at a local bar. The bar was at a busy roundabout junction near one of the old city gates and so people were coming and going all the time, in the summer we would mostly be sitting outside enjoying the weather and, of course some of us would show off, trying to impress the Girls on our bikes.

A friend was really good at wheelies, he could wheelie a Vespa around the roundabout sometimes several laps at a time, even in traffic and so, feeling left out I decided to show everyone my wheelie skills.

I had a Ducati 250 Scrambler at the time and proceeded to clutch the front up right in front of my 'admirers' but overcooked it and basically went vertical, I slid off the seat and ended up running behind the bike whilst still holding onto the bars in the hope of somehow controlling it but, of course I couldn't and I ended up dropping the bike on it's side and me face down in the road.

I certainly didn't impress anyone but I did provide the entertainment that day...   :embarrassed:

Bulldog9:

--- Quote from: Dukedesmo on May 20, 2022, 07:43:45 AM ---Many years ago whilst at High School in Florence, Italy some of us would meet up after school at a local bar. The bar was at a busy roundabout junction near one of the old city gates and so people were coming and going all the time, in the summer we would mostly be sitting outside enjoying the weather and, of course some of us would show off, trying to impress the Girls on our bikes.

A friend was really good at wheelies, he could wheelie a Vespa around the roundabout sometimes several laps at a time, even in traffic and so, feeling left out I decided to show everyone my wheelie skills.

I had a Ducati 250 Scrambler at the time and proceeded to clutch the front up right in front of my 'admirers' but overcooked it and basically went vertical, I slid off the seat and ended up running behind the bike whilst still holding onto the bars in the hope of somehow controlling it but, of course I couldn't and I ended up dropping the bike on it's side and me face down in the road.

I certainly didn't impress anyone but I did provide the entertainment that day...   :embarrassed:

--- End quote ---

You have described why I have never aspired to or tried to wheelie............ lol

cliffrod:

--- Quote from: guzzisteve on January 14, 2018, 06:50:34 PM ---Which one and yes alcohol was involved.

--- End quote ---

^^^^what he said.. 

At least I didn't scrape the end off my pecker like my deliberately sober best friend did in May of 88 when he stuffed his bike into a guardrail about 150 yards from my house as he left the first party of the season.  That was a truly epic way to start our summer of invincible youthful debauchery...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version