Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: V85TT with Caponord fender
« Last post by DesertPilot on Today at 09:01:23 PM »
Got mine from AF1.  Then ended up getting another from Motomachines by accident. Even though they wereboth the same model number (#2B0024475, astommy2cy says) There's a bit of manufacturing variance and one fit tighter then the other.  After decided the both seemed too tight, I heated one up in the over to 300 F -- after making sure She Who Must Be Obeyed was not around, because wives just don't seem to understand these things :grin: --  and straightened it a bit to reduce the curvature and double the clearance (see images below).

Before

After

Install is easy -- undo a few bolts, pull the old white thingies off, slot in the new fender, and bolt it won.
  Hard to tell from the picture , but how high is that fuzeblock with the cover on ? Peter

Mine is out of easy access right now since the snorkel of the airbox has been put back in place. The website gives these dimensions: L 3.25" x W 2.5" x H 1.25". When considering the purchase, I cut a pine block of that size for test fitting. The actual fuse box was the same size when it arrived.

The product is very well thought out. I can't think of how it could be improved within its design parameters for amperage and numbers of circuits.

Moto
From Dave Swanson:
A rare sight.  2 mahogany Norges, mine and RHAT's taken at an impromptu pie stop on our return trip from the Twisted Oz Motorcycle Museum visit on Friday.  Richard's stomach was grumbling I guess.

Where specifically was your pie stop? Curious stomachs want to know.
GliderJohn
General Discussion / Re: What's your favorite cover song?
« Last post by BrotherJim on Today at 08:34:43 PM »
Spiderbait does a pretty cool cover of Ram Jam's "Black Betty".  Lots of cool covers out there!
« Last post by cliffrod on Today at 08:27:44 PM »
A trick question to some extent as there have been many great covers of well known songs. Somewhere I have, or had, an album of a studio band doing Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds that was pretty darn good.

Anyway, on another note, get it?  When the group that made it famous compliments the artist(s), well...

I stumbled onto this recently and thought WOW. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk

John Henry

Well, not so much a trick question as a great way to expand a play list or two...    Hopefully it's doing exactly that.
General Discussion / Indy Rocker's Run 2021
« Last post by BrotherJim on Today at 08:26:29 PM »
Hello, all.  Ton-Up Indy will be hosting it's 3rd annual Rocker's Run ride on June 12, 2021.  We will meet at 3633 Kentucky Avenue, Indianapolis, IN, 46221 at 9AM.  A registration fee of $5 includes an awesome patch and a map of the route.  Vintage machines are encouraged, but all are welcome.  We have planned a 100+ mile route that will take us south on Mann Rd., connecting to some of the more interesting roads Central/Southern Indiana has to offer.  Midpoint stop for fuel/refreshments, and we will make our way back to Triumph of Indianapolis (125 N. College Ave.) at around 2pm.  Limited space is available in our Chase Vehicle of Shame. :grin:  After the ride, trophies will be presented for Club Choice and Best Vintage.  Can't make the ride?  Come see us there!  Hoping for some Guzzi content! 

Aforementioned awesome patch
I had a great time at the rally.  It was so good to finally meet face to face with folks I have only tapped keyboards with!  Dusty and his helpers put on a great event!  I will be back.

A rare sight.  2 mahogany Norges, mine and RHAT's taken at an impromptu pie stop on our return trip from the Twisted Oz Motorcycle Museum visit on Friday.  Richard's stomach was grumbling I guess.   :laugh:

General Discussion / Re: Rear drive splines
« Last post by czakky82 on Today at 08:04:22 PM »
Thanks guys. I think Iím going to run it for now. It seems like MG Cycle has the hubs in stock usually. Under 4K, not often.
  Hard to tell from the picture , but how high is that fuzeblock with the cover on ? Peter
« Last post by MotoChuck250 on Today at 07:29:23 PM »
My personal fave JJ Cale made a living by "underplaying " his own tunes. The "fast gun" players who heard them felt compelled to "improve" them . Ole JJ just sat home, loved on his lady, wrote more tunes, and cashed checks.  :grin:  I.E.

After Midnight and   Cocaine  by Clapton

Call me the Breeze and Same Old Story By Skynyrd

Magnolia   Poco   

Here are some of the people who covered just his first album:  https://www.jjcale.com/covers-naturally-1972

Tom Petty cover of Travelin Light     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UG6JMBTx2Q

I got the chance to see JJ Cale three times in concert.  He was no slouch in the performance department.  He was an amazing guitarist, much admired for the lyricality of his playing. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here