Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
General Discussion / Re: [V7] What does KV, KV1, LD, LD1 mean?
« Last post by jhem68 on March 27, 2024, 07:44:50 AM »
When checking on a Corbin seat I noticed the model they sell for the V7lll fits all BUT "those with the aftermarket aluminum fenders". Does this refer to the Milano? So perhaps no chassis change but rather a difference in stock mounting brackets that are not compatible with some offered accessories.?

So, it is good to be cautious beforehand. Good question from the OP. Hopefully someone can find a more definitive answer.
General Discussion / Re: NGC Shoulder surgery??
« Last post by bobrebos1 on March 27, 2024, 07:42:08 AM »
Yup , had both done about 6 Yrs. Apart . PT is the key both before & after surgery. It was a few years ago , so if my memory banks are working , about 4 to 8 weeks . I started out with baby steps /short rides & worked up .That said between surgeries I also went to a lighter bike for a bunch of reasons . Swapped a 1200r Beemer for a V7II that helped a lot . Since I’ve added a V7centanario to the shed . I’m very happy with both . Oh btw my pro date is 52 so downsizing was a good decision. The fun is back !
. Thanks for the info.  I have a 2021 v7 850 centenario!  So that’s good!  Lighter weight
General Discussion / Re: NGC Shoulder surgery??
« Last post by mechanicsavant on March 27, 2024, 07:38:35 AM »
Yup , had both done about 6 Yrs. Apart . PT is the key both before & after surgery. It was a few years ago , so if my memory banks are working , about 4 to 8 weeks . I started out with baby steps /short rides & worked up .That said between surgeries I also went to a lighter bike for a bunch of reasons . Swapped a 1200r Beemer for a V7II that helped a lot . Since I’ve added a V7centanario to the shed . I’m very happy with both . Oh btw my pro date is 52 so downsizing was a good decision. The fun is back !
General Discussion / NGC Shoulder surgery??
« Last post by bobrebos1 on March 27, 2024, 07:23:21 AM »
I’m having a torn tendon in my left shoulder and a possible rotator cuff tear repaired with surgery on may 2nd.  Dr says 6 weeks in a sling.  Anyone here have this procedure done and if so how long can I expect to be off my motorcycle?  Thank you!
General Discussion / Re: '07 Norge instrument display hell
« Last post by brider on March 27, 2024, 06:40:24 AM »
Mine is a 1200 Sport, but the theory should be the same with the same slider switch.  Unless I've completely misunderstood your question, then my humblest apologies.

Thanks for trying, but the Norge (at least, MY Norge) does not have that same slider switch. Now THAT makes sense. Who @ the Guzzi OEM supplier, or WHO on the Guzzi design/marketing team thought it was a better idea to abandon that for the Norge version?
General Discussion / Re: [V7] What does KV, KV1, LD, LD1 mean?
« Last post by Kev m on March 27, 2024, 05:51:33 AM »
I'd say for the most part you can ignore. They refer to trim levels, example, Racer, Special, Stone, etc.

-AJ

Where would one find a breakdown of that list?

I ain't think I've ever seen (or maybe ever looked).

But it could actually matter in this case because starting with the V7III the rear fender mounting changed and some models use a subframe and an abbreviated fender while others use the old style larger fender. I believe this means mounting bolts vary back there which might affect accessory/bag mounting.

I would see if selecting any of the sub models gives different accessory part numbers before ordering.

EDIT - poked around and though I'm still curious about the sub-model designations it doesn't look like they mean anything in this application - the SysBagWPs, Urbans, Legends, and Urban Topcase all appear to have the identical part numbers whether you select KV, KV1, or LD, LD1.

On and KV or LD vs KV1 or LD1 appear to be 2017-18 vs 2018-20  (and I don't recall ANY changes to chassis mid 18 year, though again, who knows).

EDIT the EDIT - If I go to AF1 racing and look up OEM parts they have only ONE parts catalog for V7III Stone 2017-2020, though they also have a separate one for the 2019-20 Night Pack, and another for the 2020 Stone S - but none of them fit the Motech website pattern. Though under the V7 Special they have one listed as 2017-20 and a separate one listed as 2019-20. Most of the other specials like the 2018 Carbon Dark or the 2018 Milano, have just one catalog.

General Discussion / Re: Oh, the irony
« Last post by s1120 on March 27, 2024, 04:15:19 AM »
Im thinking about this a lot lately. My wrists are smoked. Past injuries crept up on my last year and have to deal with at least some level of daily pain, and if I went down on them no saying what I would have left. I earn my pay wrenching, and all hobbies involve wrenching on some level, so I tend to save the wear and tear for that. Ive slowed a lot. Most of my joy riding is curvy 45mph roads local to me. Im "only" 58 but for now my 1100 stone fills the bill. Big enough to be all I need, but not so big that its overwhelming. Every year I seem to ride a little less, and only for nice days. I dont even think I put a grand in it last year with all the rain we got.. But Im OK with it. Its still nice to ride when the feeling hits, and I pushed aside the thoughts of "I really should take the bike its been awhile"out of my mind.
General Discussion / Re: '07 Norge instrument display hell
« Last post by Lovey on March 27, 2024, 02:01:07 AM »
Mine is a 1200 Sport, but the theory should be the same with the same slider switch.  Unless I've completely misunderstood your question, then my humblest apologies.

General Discussion / Re: Performance air filters for V100
« Last post by Fitzig23 on March 27, 2024, 01:35:49 AM »
as in the dirt penetrated right thru and you wouldn't recommend it?

General Discussion / Re: Performance air filters for V100
« Last post by chrisfer on March 27, 2024, 01:26:24 AM »
I bought a sprint filter P08 and I saw, from the mesh, that the filtering is not efficient.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here