Author Topic: 4K Mile Original 78 Lemans I For Sale  (Read 2709 times)

jwinwi

Re: 4K Mile Original 78 Lemans I For Sale
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2020, 03:45:17 PM »
Also, every V7 Sport I have seen has engine numbers like below.  The V7 Sport on that site neither has the VK or the *________* that I can discern. 

Good catch Dave! Signor Moto Bogarto's stamping looks like a different font and sure looks like there's no VK or *_________*
BUYER BEWARE! I don't trust any hipster d-bag with a Fedora either...

Offline JoeW

• Gaggle Hero
    • The Guzzi Doctor
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2020, 04:36:27 PM »
I'm happier and happier with my latest purchase.

Joe Walano

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
Yes...without question...and even when new...it was clearly the WORST seat in motorcycle history...then, after many years...the FOAM gets hard...and it indeed morphs into the 2 x 8 knotty pine board!! :laugh: :grin: :wink: :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:

Waaay back in the day, I bought a year-old '82 (I think) Harley FXR (tarted up to be a "FXRS Tribute", in current 60s-70s muscle car language).  After I bought it I started reading all the road tests I could find & universally all the testers/evaluators complained about the seat  being very uncomfortable & not up to the relative improvements that model represented overall.  However, I found the seat to be the most comfortable seat I'd ever experienced up to that time.  Seat comfort seems to be a very subjective & personal issue.

The entire issue is pretty irrelevant to me, unfortunately, since I've passed the age where folding my body up to use low bars and rear-set foot controls is an option for anything other than VERY short rides.  Hips & back complain long before my butt does!
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline stubbie

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 08:15:52 PM »
I don't get you guys, you should be happy that someone is pushing the price of older bikes up. Le Mans are selling anywhere between $15 and $22k and as said above Ducati of the same era $45k and above. Mind you it's the same on a Ford forum I look at. People complain that the prices of their 60's era cars is not great and 2 low but as soon as someone puts more $ than normal on the car that there trying to sell everyone bags them that the price is to high.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 08:15:52 PM »

Online Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2020, 09:29:57 PM »
I don't get you guys, you should be happy that someone is pushing the price of older bikes up. Le Mans are selling anywhere between $15 and $22k and as said above Ducati of the same era $45k and above. Mind you it's the same on a Ford forum I look at. People complain that the prices of their 60's era cars is not great and 2 low but as soon as someone puts more $ than normal on the car that there trying to sell everyone bags them that the price is to high.

Nobody likes price-gouging. Or over-zealous trend-pricing. Me, I’ll sit with the fellow curmudgeons. True love is acknowledging reality, warts and all.
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2020, 09:53:26 PM »
I think that is one of the prettiest motorcycles out there, but I’d really like to see it in person.  If it were mine I would be unable to keep from addressing the non-use and corrosion issues.  It would be a 30k motorcycle before I knew it and then I would be afraid to ride it. Then I would sell it for $22k.  Repair, rinse repeat.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline stubbie

• Gosling
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 11:31:53 PM »
If somebody was asking $45k for a Le Mans then yes I would agree with you on price gouging, but he's not.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:34:06 PM by stubbie »

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
  • small stable of Italian stuff
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2020, 11:45:14 PM »
The speedo is a Civilian Eldo type because the needle tip comes to a sharper point than the Tach needle.

Good catch......

I love this place.

Ciao

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here