Author Topic: 75 CZ Jawa 175 OK  (Read 553 times)

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Riding since 1979
John

V1000 G5 (ex-cop impersonator)
 Convert Hangar Queen

Offline Alfetta

• Gosling
Re: 75 CZ Jawa 175 OK
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 08:09:39 AM »
Sealed chain cover bits are gone...??
Pipes are not rusted through, that very rare.
Nothing much better than a Tannat from the Salta region.

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 08:18:53 AM »
 Why do these types of ads for motorbikes that haven't ran in years always claim "it has good compression" or something similar ? Realistically this is an old pile of parts that will likely need a complete rebuild costing serious money to make operational , and then you will have an old smokey motorbike with the performance level of a new small scooter sans the reliability .

...rant off ...

Dusty

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 08:41:00 AM »
Why do these types of ads for motorbikes that haven't ran in years always claim "it has good compression" or something similar ? Realistically this is an old pile of parts that will likely need a complete rebuild costing serious money to make operational , and then you will have an old smokey motorbike with the performance level of a new small scooter sans the reliability .

...rant off ...

Dusty

Using your logic, then we shouldn't resurrect old Guzzis, just junk them and buy new. They take "serious money to make operational" and can be outrun by any number of cheap new motorbikes.  :rolleyes:

What I see in the CZ ad is a fairly complete bike in surprisingly good condition, missing a few non-critical parts. Even if it needs crankshaft seals, it's not going to be that expensive to get running. Greta Thunberg won't approve of it's operation, but they're still fun to ride. 
Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 08:41:00 AM »

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 08:54:02 AM »

Dusty darkside and his daily dose of sunshine and happiness!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 09:04:24 AM »
 Nope , I simply object to the way these old heaps are marketed , it has good compression , needs carb cleaned etc etc . Realistically it is a pile of parts that will need huge amounts of work and will likely just be in the same shape it is in right now 20 years from now .

Dusty

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 09:12:07 AM »
Back in 1969, my cousin and I used to go watch the "scrambles" races at Andre's Farm in Fishkill, NY. 

Along with Ossa, Bultaco, Montesa, and Husqrvarna, THESE were the CZ Jawa's I remembered. 

They were light and fast!   :thumb: :boozing: :cool: :smiley: :wink: 

Aaaaaahhh...the smell of 2-stroke racing caster in the air!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:45:26 AM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 09:41:04 AM »
Come buy this useless lump of crap out of my garage for $1,900.00. Yea, that's gonna happen.

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 09:47:17 AM »
Come buy this useless lump of crap out of my garage for $1,900.00. Yea, that's gonna happen.

:laugh: :grin: :rolleyes: :huh: :shocked: :wink: 

C'mon now..."BARN FRESH", aka, needs total nut & bolt restoration!!  :laugh: :grin: :wink:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

oldbike54

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 09:57:23 AM »

20 years ago when I was still working on a few old lumps for other people , about five times a year some poor kid who wanted to ride would in fact buy one of these old lumps that someone sold them while promising it only needed "the carbs cleaned" . Poor dumb kid would then somehow locate me and suggest the old heap he had purchased could/should be brought back to life by me , usually for free or almost nothing . Then said poor dumb kid would tell people I was an asshat after I told them the truth , and bluntly told them they had two choices , either buy a really good manual , tools , and get after it , or park it until some other poor dumb kid offered to buy it .

A famous Guzzi mechanic from Down Under got flamed for telling a new owner this hard truth .

Not meant to insult Charlie and those who have the skills , or those who are willing to spend the money , just a cautionary note is all .

Dusty

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 10:20:35 AM »
20 years ago when I was still working on a few old lumps for other people , about five times a year some poor kid who wanted to ride would in fact buy one of these old lumps that someone sold them while promising it only needed "the carbs cleaned" . Poor dumb kid would then somehow locate me and suggest the old heap he had purchased could/should be brought back to life by me , usually for free or almost nothing . Then said poor dumb kid would tell people I was an asshat after I told them the truth , and bluntly told them they had two choices , either buy a really good manual , tools , and get after it , or park it until some other poor dumb kid offered to buy it .

A famous Guzzi mechanic from Down Under got flamed for telling a new owner this hard truth .

Not meant to insult Charlie and those who have the skills , or those who are willing to spend the money , just a cautionary note is all .

Dusty

So, you're suffering from some kind of "kid with junk motorcycle PTSD syndrome?"  Maybe "famous mechanics" could benefit by scrolling on by?? How all this infinite wisdom is gleaned by a internet post is amazing to me.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here