Author Topic: 750S The Build is Done  (Read 68079 times)

Offline smdl

• Guzzi Hero
Re: 750S The Build is Done
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
And here's the kicker about Laverda's - Wolfgang Haerter in Nakusp, British Columbia - Columbia Car and Cycle - has almost everything (and I mean everything you can imagine or ever need) in stock! I am just blown away but what Wolfgang can get for a Laverda.

Prices on parts are generally less than that for a Guzzi, I pay in CDN dollars, the parts come to me in days by Canada Post and Wolfgang is a wonderful source of advice and information.

I think I need to find a spoke wheeled 3C Laverda project!

I've heard the same thing about Wolfgang from a number of different people, so it definitely appears that he is "the man" for Laverda.  I heard a nasty rumor that he might be retiring, though?  Hope not for the sake of Laverda owners!

I've been through Nakusp several times, but that was before I had heard of Wolfgang.  Will have to try to stop in next time I am out that way. 

:1: on the 3C!

Cheers,
Shaun

'74 Eldorado Police
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'75 850-T
'12 Stelvio NTX
'20 V85 TT

'71 Honda CB175 Super Sport
'10 Kawasaki Ninja 250

canuck750

« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »
Apparently Wolfgang and his wife are going to scale back to a couple days a week.
Wolfgang's son Chris is running the shop but the parts business will run a wee bit slower.
I sure hope he continues with the business for many years to come.

Offline Moz

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »
always loved the 750S..  thank you for wasting my afternoon - time well spent  :bow:
'82 le mans iii
'08 cafe's bellagio
'20 V85TT

canuck750

« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »
always loved the 750S..  thank you for wasting my afternoon - time well spent  :bow:

Glad to be of help!

My son added some red stripes to the fairing using vinyl rather than paint. A very good match as well.

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »

Offline Bigbear

• Never stop fiddling - you might just get it right.
  • New Goose
  • 96 1100 Sport (carbs); 98 Daytauro; 56 DS7 Austin
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2017, 05:06:44 AM »
Absolutely fantastic re-build.
Just started reading tonight & will now have to revisit each night to get through such an informative thread - a real credit to you Jim.
Picked up so many tips, which at my age I should have used long ago! Bearing drifts - heard of patience/dogged determination?!
I have just started converting a 3000mile Centauro to a (Daytauro)?, so at least all the bits are new & if I can mod the existing e.g rear subframe then I save a lot of work (even if I already purchased said 1100 subframe, blasted, Hot zinc metal sprayed & enamel painted it!)
Did you consider building up by metalspray fot your discs & machining back? I have previously had my 1100 forks machined then S.S. metal sprayed & machined - cheaper than re chroming & although not so shiny (slightly dull) they will also resist any possible rusting.
Again FANTASTIC work & informative unselfish know how shared with us all  :bow:
Bill -

i want to upload my photo on facebook

best image hosting

canuck750

« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
Did you consider building up by metalspray for your discs & machining back?

Thanks Bill, I have never heard of metal spray ? Sounds like a great idea, I have a half dozen Brembo discs that are too worn to machine.

I will have to look into the process, I wonder if anyone local to me does this. I am in the heart of the Canadian oil service industry, there is probably someone offering this.

Cheers

Jim

Offline 750S3

• New Goose
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »
I think these boys do in Kingston, ON
http://www.georgeawright.com
I looked them up sometime ago.

Luca
Puch125
Honda250
Kawasaki750
Ducati 900GTS
Moto Guzzi 750S3
Moto Guzzi Griso 8VSE Tenni

twowings

« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
Glad to be of help!

My son added some red stripes to the fairing using vinyl rather than paint. A very good match as well.

You done good...many happy rides!!  :bow:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Harper's Moto Guzzi
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here