Author Topic: An honest opinion please  (Read 11760 times)

Offline NC Steve

• Gaggle Hero
Re: An honest opinion please
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2019, 05:45:25 PM »
In mentioning Charlotte and Greenville, SC, and the mileages to each, you must be located in the general Asheville area. The dealer in Charlotte has a good rep, and has been in the Guzzi game for quite a while. Keep in mind there's also another strong dealer in Greensboro, not much farther from you, and they're becoming known as having some of the lowest prices on new Guzzis in the US.
'16 Triumph T100
Past:
'19 RE Himalayan
'07 Honda ST1300
'00 Jackal,'89 Mille GT,'03 Cali Stone
4 Airheads, '88 K75,'99 BMW R1100R
___________________ ___________
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2019, 06:16:03 PM »
I said I’d go with the Milano due to the following;

Bigger gas tank
Better seat
IF you’re going above highway speeds never liked the front end feel of the Roamer
More accessories/mods for the V7III

inditx
p.s. That said, I did like the V9 motor!
inditx

This is the day.....

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2019, 07:50:05 PM »
Also, the modern Guzzi is a lot more of a suitable platform to stray around the fringes of becoming a home mechanic. As was eluded to in a previous post, there are many willing helpers to assist you if you decide to perform your own basic maintenance tasks and this can be just as fulfilling from an enjoyment point of view as burning endless tanks of fuel.
There are innumerable seats of knowlege here from basic to advanced, no one will be able to give you incorrect advice on this forum, because their mistakes will be jumped on immediately.
Fair to say I think, that the prospect of having to deal with one disaster after another, or shying away from Guzzies due to your perceived cluelessness, are not sound reasons for opting out.
As I said earlier, if the fear of mechanical failure is enough to pull enjoyment away from the prospect of Guzzi ownership, then off to the Honda dealer.
Otherwise jump in at a base price level and enjoy the camerarderie..
I don't know if a larger bike is out of the question for you, but from your comments I suspect you'd be ok. You can pick up a well sorted Breva 750/1100 and there is nothing about them that has not been covered here.
See if you can take one for a LONG test ride and it won't cost you much to find out..
Huzo.
PS
I just re read your original post and you do place a lot of importance on reliability or lack thereof, both real and imagined. If this is a bridge that you feel is insurmountable, I can't see that any amount of spin or rose coloured glasses is going to suffice, so again just do the Honda thing and it's hard to see how you can go too far wrong.
Good luck.. :thumb:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:21:33 PM by Huzo »

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2019, 08:02:36 PM »
Get the Guzzi.  Ask your dealer to ride it and break it in.  Have them change fluids and do first valve check.  Go over the bike so you have peace of mind.  Then enjoy your trip.

Don't laugh.  This happens more than folks know.  You'll love the V7.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2019, 08:02:36 PM »

Offline M0T0Geezer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • The Ones I Rode
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2019, 08:20:41 PM »
(1) Got a (A) Yamaha or (B) Honda dealer(s) in your town?

If yes to (1A), buy a used Yamaha Majesty  400cc scooter.

If Yes to (1B), buy a used Honda SilverWing 600cc scooter.

Either of these (I have put 20,000+ miles on each one) are absolutely 98% reliable and 100% fun

(2) Keep a scooter as your back-up 2-wheeler (maybe even your Wife/SO will ride it with you), then buy whatever "real" bike speaks to your heart.  Who cares how far away the Dealer is?

I am 78 years old and therefore far wiser than any and all who are younger.

My favorite naked bike of all time was my 2004 750cc Moto Guzzi Breva.  50,000 trouble-free miles.
My favorite touring bike was a 1994 Honda ST1100 (preferred over my ST1300). 
My least favorite bike of all time - of any kind - was my 2005 Honda GL1800.  Serenely boring.
I just bought a 2007 Moto Guzzi 1151cc "rescue" Norge.  It is very needy and my Dealer is 100 miles away. My heart is very dumb - yet how I love riding that ungodly-beautiful bike!

RealGeezer
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:27:33 AM by M0T0Geezer »
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 USA

My 65+ years of motorcycling here:

http://www.dansher.com/mywheels.htm

Wisdom from the road:

http://www.dansher.com/bikequotes.html

Play guitar or keyboard?  You will like:

http://www.dansher.com/audio/pdf_tunes.html

Offline Patriarch

• New Egg
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2019, 08:40:07 PM »
In mentioning Charlotte and Greenville, SC, and the mileages to each, you must be located in the general Asheville area. The dealer in Charlotte has a good rep, and has been in the Guzzi game for quite a while. Keep in mind there's also another strong dealer in Greensboro, not much farther from you, and they're becoming known as having some of the lowest prices on new Guzzis in the US.

You are location correct - well done.

I'm a strong believer and advocate of building/maintaining relationships. When I visit with the owner of the local service shop, I'm hoping he'll give me the green light on this so he and I can do this together.

As for buying a MG and my concerns spoiling the ownership - that was a very insightful post. I'm confident I can handle dealing with minor issues with some local back-up. As the miles add up, I'm also confident the concerns will fade.

We gotta bunch of hills in this area with some steep roads - which I do frequent - including I-26 and the Highlands, North of Brevard. I strictly ride solo and that won't change. Still think the Milano over the Roamer? Just asking because I don't know and why I was slightly leaning towards the Roamer. DO like the dual clocks and bigger tank on the Milano though. And, after 2+ hrs riding, I'm ready for a short break - which means the Roamer has enough range too. Yeah, I'd like a little more power but lighter weight and really good handling trumps HP/torque for me.

It's been a good day here and a lot of that is because of those of you who took the time to respond. THANKS.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2019, 08:45:24 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what it is, the look, the feel, some combination.

I'm predisposed to like the Roamer/Bobber despite or maybe because of the funky tank. I finally stood one up and decided no thanks. My V7s however, pure lust.

I'm also told there's not much of an engineer difference between the V7III and the V9.

Of course none of this matters to you except to say follow your bliss.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline NC Steve

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2019, 09:32:00 PM »

I'm a strong believer and advocate of building/maintaining relationships. When I visit with the owner of the local service shop, I'm hoping he'll give me the green light on this so he and I can do this together.

We gotta bunch of hills in this area with some steep roads - which I do frequent - including I-26 and the Highlands, North of Brevard. I strictly ride solo and that won't change. Still think the Milano over the Roamer? Just asking because I don't know and why I was slightly leaning towards the Roamer. DO like the dual clocks and bigger tank on the Milano though. And, after 2+ hrs riding, I'm ready for a short break - which means the Roamer has enough range too. Yeah, I'd like a little more power but lighter weight and really good handling trumps HP/torque for me.

There was a good Guzzi dealer in Hendersonville a few years back, but they were a small shop, and couldn't pay the bills on their meager Guzzi earnings. Asheville had a well known Guzzi dealer for many many years that gave up the franchise at least a decade ago, and I've always been amazed that someone up in that excellent riding area hasn't picked up the marque again.

Whatever you decide, you should ride over to the the NC 'Guzzis in the Blue Ridge' rally next summer, at Blue Ridge MC Camp, south of Canton on route 276, near Sliding Rock and Looking Glass Falls. All brands are welcome, and a great time is had by everyone. One of my regular rally buddies comes over from Brevard, and occasionally rides home 'for lunch'. Good luck in your decision!
'16 Triumph T100
Past:
'19 RE Himalayan
'07 Honda ST1300
'00 Jackal,'89 Mille GT,'03 Cali Stone
4 Airheads, '88 K75,'99 BMW R1100R
___________________ ___________
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2019, 10:06:04 PM »
Honest opinion?   Ok . . .

Do you still work for a living and need to be at the job on time?  Are you in good health, or don’t want to be too far away from civilization and hospitals?  I’m assuming finances are ok if you are serious about buying a new bike.

And you say this will be your last bike?   Well, unless the above questions suggest otherwise, the answer is obvious.  Buy what you love and what makes you happy.   After all, this is your last bike.  Don’t fritter your time away on some also-ran bike because you fret about breaking down.   Why do you care about breaking down?

I ride my small block Guzzi everywhere.   Basically I don’t worry about breakdowns.   The main reason is that after dozens of bikes, and 40 years of riding, no other bike makes me as happy to actually RIDE IT as the little V7. 

Has it been perfect?  No.   Has it been less reliable than all my other bikes?  Hard to say.   I’ve never had a perfect bike.   They have all had issues.   And I’m not sure how to judge the Guzzi when I am constantly riding it, compared to other bikes that don’t get much use. 

If your reaction to riding a Guzzi is “I love this thing,”’ then I’d say buy one and get started.    Times a’wasting.   

And if you do have an issue, the good folks on this forum will back you up and help you out. 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 10:11:01 PM by SmithSwede »
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Bobbilljim

• Gosling
  • Eternal Student
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2019, 11:46:14 PM »
1984 California 2 practically rebuilt from the ground up, crank to rocker covers. I’ll post some pics. (notice the hd softail mufflers and thats a honda front end but all original now) this group is why i havent given up. One thing you wont have to worry about is support. If you need help in phoenix count me in!

oh, there are also lots of ways to convert tube to tubless....
Rob

"There's Guzzi Cheap, then there's Stupid cheap" - Fotoguzzi

1984 California II

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2019, 02:28:08 AM »
You'll love it here Patriarch.
The friendships will last longer than the Guzzi.. :bow:

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2019, 05:48:28 AM »
Get the Guzzi.  Ask your dealer to ride it and break it in.  Have them change fluids and do first valve check.  Go over the bike so you have peace of mind.  Then enjoy your trip.

Don't laugh.  This happens more than folks know.  You'll love the V7.
This is great advice if you want a new Guzzi.  If you're OK with a used Guzzi, get one that's been sorted from someone on this list.  You'll know exactly what you're getting and what needs to be done.

If UJM is a thought, there are a few leftover new Bandit 1250s around.  The torque curve is such that buzzing isn't a big problem.

Since this is your last bike, I'd go for the experience of it, whatever that means to you. 
Cheers, Nic
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2019, 06:35:33 AM »
The trend around here is for multiple guzzi....a little v7....maybe a Loop on the side....maybe a LeMan? Feel like an automatic? I'd suggest that thinking its your last is freaking you out to find the perfect.

I bought a thirty year old $1000 Convert leaking from every seal, that only left me stranded once in 100k miles...or you could drive 10 miles from the dealer on a brand new bike and have a dead battery...

For the price of new you could stock the garage w three or four, but I'm cheap.

But I'll guess whichever you get will draw you to check out some other models.

I see barely used V7 below $5k as a day rider, less so for touring overnight. I see the Roamer w bags and a shield as more of a multi day trip ride. What kind of riding do you like or want to do? Almost any guzzi can be redirected to another purpose, especially the older ones
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2019, 06:54:01 AM »

As for buying a MG and my concerns spoiling the ownership - that was a very insightful post. I'm confident I can handle dealing with minor issues with some local back-up. As the miles add up, I'm also confident the concerns will fade.

It's been a good day here and a lot of that is because of those of you who took the time to respond. THANKS.

If you have a local Euro guy thats good, its a no brainer..  Get the bike you love. Really you say it will be your last.. So why get something you dont like??? What are you waiting for?  Good tip about seeing if the dealer can put a little miles on it, and do a check over before you get it. A visit to the local guy after a few K miles for a nut/bolt check, and a eyeball over the whole thing, and I bet your good..  As a newbee Guzzi owner myself, there is so much info out there on these for small issues.. and the V7 series more so..  Ive not riden one, but I want to. Sat on one, and it just seems about perfect for a nice light, but solid do it all ride.
Paul B

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2019, 07:07:34 AM »
If the Milano and/or Roamer fits the bill, and "tugs at your heart...", just GO FOR IT, don't worry about anything...and enjoy the ride and the adventure!!   :cool: :thumb: - - and don't look back!!

There is nothing worse than buyers remorse when it comes to motorcycles!! :wink:  As you know, there are no guarantee's in life...only death and taxes. :wink:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Scott of the Sahara

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2019, 07:53:23 AM »
One thing that gave me peace of mind when buying my Moto Guzzi was the dealer was only 30 miles away.
They were a big dealer for MG with a great reputation and a great service department.
They sold more Moto Guzzi's than anyone else in North America.
I became friends with the former owner.
They went out of business this fall. (after Dave Retired)
I am not worried .... at all. I love my Moto Guzzi and will take it anywhere.
Here is a list of problems I have had:
Plastic Dipstick broke. Replaced it with an after market one.
I replaced the stupid fuel filter myself and had a few self inflicted problems. I finally got it sorted out.
The tires wear out every couple of years.
The oil needs changing and the valves need adjusting.
I waited too long to replace the inner spark plugs.

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2019, 09:26:01 AM »
If you decide to go for a Guzzi  -  and I'm in the camp who think you should, but hey, we're all different!

I would insist on a test ride of at least one hour, to try to find out if the bike is comfortable to ride. You want to be able to enjoy riding all day, with some stops!
I'd try the Roamer first, and if I liked it I wouldn't look further. If not, I'd give the Milano a try.

At this stage, it's mostly a matter of taste and emotions, and not sense......
Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2019, 09:42:49 AM »

I am NOT mechanically inclined in ANY way. 

Yes, I know, ANYTHING mechanical can break down. 

I would greatly appreciate your honest advice here.

If you are not mechanically inclined at all, and will need to rely on the nearest servicing dealer while at home and on a long cross country road trip, you have two choices that will best fit your needs:

1) Harley-Davidson
2) Honda

Anything else will cost you time and heartache if you don't know which end of the screwdriver you hit the nail with.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 09:43:26 AM by rocker59 »
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2019, 09:51:32 AM »
Buy a Honda.

Failing that, a Harley... their dealer network and support is insane. Every one horse town on the continent seems to have a H-D dealer/service centre.

Old enough to say I've done it, young enough to do it again.

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »
The idea that Guzzi need to be “sorted out “ is a hold over from years back. By in large Guzzi made since we left the single digits of this century have been free of needing sorting. The small blocks have received a lot of attention and refinement from the factory.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Patriarch

• New Egg
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »
Gentlemen,

After haveing read through all these posts multiple times - I am overwhelmed by the compassion, sincerity, empathy AND support expressed here. This is not an easy world in which to keep your daily faith. Hell, I'd buy the MG just to become a member of this great group of people. Last night, I finally decided on the 2018 Carbon Black.

And then...

At the real risk of offending this gentleman - which is NOT my intent and apologies up front if I have - I read his comments here a few minutes ago. He said:

"This thread is a pretty clear indicator of why many people are leery of Guzzi…

if you bring up the "quality" issue, cutely referred to as the need to "sort out" your bike in the first year... it gets sneered down as "it's a Guzzi, buy a honda then", as though you're some sort of pleb, undeserving of the brand. But, if you can turn a wrench.. you can look past it. But it seems awfully odd to me that a NEW vehicle has as many issues as Guzzis do. My dealer has a pile of low mileage used Guzzis… all returned for something more reliable. Every old biker I know that has owned a Guzzi professes love for them, though most have given up on them... and will happily go off on a "hey Gary, remember my Guzzi?!" story while sitting around a campfire (and most now ride H-D, or Indian)

But then, if you pile on the supply issue, the support issue, the parts issue... isn't that a clear indication that something is rotten from the top down? Why do we accept it from Guzzi… I doubt you'd return to a restaurant that had the same issues, or any other business, really. Would you accept it with  your chosen car company?"
[/b]

OK, by now, maybe you're beginning to think I should stop complaining and vacillating? This has been a thread of honesty and decency and I've an obligation to do the same. Were it not for the position I find myself in with my current bike, I'd have already bought the Guzzi. My vacillating is being cautious - nothing else. Despite my mechanical shortcoming and MG concerns now returning, I'm still going down to the local service shop. And ONLY because of your many posts here.

God bless and I'll let you know what I learn.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2019, 11:58:13 AM »
Last night, I finally decided on the 2018 Carbon Black.

Hey, that's the one we just brought home to keep my Stone company!

The idea that Guzzi need to be “sorted out “ is a hold over from years back. By in large Guzzi made since we left the single digits of this century have been free of needing sorting. The small blocks have received a lot of attention and refinement from the factory.

In the interest of honest reflection and not holding back:

Most 2013-14 V7s came with a cold idle stumble (some benefited from a new map others still do it), faulty regulators that overcharged, poorly routed clutch cables that melted on the jugs, spark plug wires that rubbed on the tank, and a recommendation to change the fuel filter and spark plug caps/plugs.

A batch of 2016 V7IIs were assembled at the factory without a thrust washer for the crankshaft, and eventually ate their cylinder blocks requiring a new motor (which was replaced by the factory, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, and these bikes could still be out there in un-repaired condition as no actual recall was ever pursued).

At least one 2017-18 V7III stranded its owner in the first few hundred miles when the fuel filter separated. As much as I'm a believer there is a low and random failure rate on the fuel filters, it does show they DO sometimes fail (early on or not, though my pet theory is the ones that fail were defective from the start).

Anyway, that doesn't support your suggestion that sorting is limited to the single digit turn of the century models. Though I do concur it has been largely getting better.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2019, 11:59:28 AM »
I can't for the life of me imagine why I would be offended by that.

as for the "sorting out" rebuttal... We own two V7s, and I know three other people with V7/V7II.

All of them have needed "sorting out". Now, that's a pretty small sample size... but, 5 outta 5 is pretty solid numbers, I'd say.

Offline Patriarch

• New Egg
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2019, 12:14:52 PM »
I know Kev! You were involved in my decision.  :thumb:

Toecutter - just wanted to be sure you knew - no offense intended. I'm the one who asked for honesty here. Thank you.

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2019, 12:18:16 PM »
The new V7 Carbon is a really nice looking bike with a lot of positives in the spec sheet and on the road.

It has all been talked to death, but make a list of the things needed to be done to "sort it" (lubing of bearings, plug caps, fuel filter...) and get it done by a competent mechanic or the dealer if you trust them, since you said you want no part of wrenching. Once that is done, the bike should be as reliable as just about any brand.

Before starting out on any long trip, figure out what you will do IF something happens and you are stranded. Come to peace with it and in the unlikely event it does happen, it won't be nearly as stressful of a situation. I know of a guy that has been planning to buy a pickup to haul his bike home from across country when it breaks down. He always has the funds ready but in the 10+ years, and over 100,000 miles traveled I've known him, it has never been needed.

If something like that is not something you want to deal with, then a small Harley Street 750 is a really good bike with a ton of dealers throughout the country. Of course they won't be as cool, ride as well or look as good as the V7 Carbon. IMHO.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline timonbik

• Gosling
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
Also be aware that there seems to be a problem with porous blocks on the V7III's/SB's which can cause persistent oil leaks.  Has been acknowledged by  Piaggio.  Solution is to goop it up and extend the warranty???

Tim
2008 BREVA 750
2020 V85TT ADV rosso
2016 APRILIA SHIVER 750
2013 VICTORY JUDGE CUSTOM
2013 VICTORY XR CLASSIC
2006 VICTORY V92TC
2006 DUCATI MULTISTRADA 620 (IN DUCATI HEAVEN)

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2019, 12:49:35 PM »
Why not grab a low mile one that's been "sorted" and save a lot of $$$$'s in the process ?

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2019, 01:47:03 PM »
Why not grab a low mile one that's been "sorted" and save a lot of $$$$'s in the process ?

1) You never know who's done the "sorting" and what kind of job they did.

However... the $$$ savings can't be overstated. the ONLY reason to ever buy new, in my opinion, is for warranty, and that "new bike smell". That's it. I doubt I'll ever buy another "brand new" Guzzi... unless it's old stock and super cheap. My experience with my V7 has made me pretty leery (and I doubt I'm the only one... look no further than your post for proof of that), and THAT should be a concern for Piaggio... brand loyalty means nothing if it doesn't translate to NEW bike purchases.

I'd love to know how many "first/second bike" buyers bought and regret their purchase. If I wasn't dumb enough to do most of my own work and maintenance, this bike would have resutled in a trade-in, year one.

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2019, 01:47:30 PM »
Kev, I did say "by and large", which I think equates with your own statement, of "low and random".

Meaning if you do run across a problem, they are likely to be few and taken care of by a good dealer.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2019, 02:18:48 PM »
Kev, I did say "by and large", which I think equates with your own statement, of "low and random".

Meaning if you do run across a problem, they are likely to be few and taken care of by a good dealer.

Well, I was only talking about the fuel filters not potential other things (spark plug caps if they're still a thing on the IIIs).

I WILL add that I currently plan to do none of those things on the new III.

I'll replace the fuel filter if it ever fails.

I'll replace the spark plug caps if they short.

I really hope it doesn't leak oil, but I'll burn that bridge if and when I get to it.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here