Author Topic: barber racing in heavyweight  (Read 942 times)

Offline acguzzi

• Gosling
barber racing in heavyweight
« on: October 11, 2019, 05:29:48 PM »
OK this was more of a challenge, basically me following the 1000cc boys around, managed 9th which is OK, almost got that guy at the end!
https://youtu.be/AwmfSxbOcns

Offline Winged Guzzi

• "Justa holda da transa casa and whacka de outa-puta-shaft wida malleta!" - Reno Leoni - 1980
  • New Egg
Re: barber racing in heavyweight
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 07:24:54 PM »
What modifications do you have to your Le Mans? If it's not making a lot of beans then a change of the final gear ratio may be helpful. I was running basically stock with 44 Del Orto racing carbs and a Bub exhaust. I was always geared way too tall for most tracks like Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, even Talladega, AIR, Daytona and Charlotte motor speedway. Was always playing catch up to the ricers! The boys from Athens had the Guzzi that was fast as any that I ever saw on a track. They were running highly modified "everything". Imola race kit with cams, carbs and exhaust, Lightened flywheel and I know they were not running a stock bore or heads. They always finished either 1st or 2nd in the open class. They had two or three final drives with different ratios that they could use based on the track. Very old school, but very fast!

Good job at Barber!
Then: 1977 Mk. I Le Mans - Now: 2008 1200 Sport

Online john fish

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 07:27:24 PM »
Cool video.  Thanks.
He lost the run of himself.

Offline T-3Dave

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 10:11:17 PM »
That was good!  What camera were you using?  Pretty stable given the conditions.
Dave

2002 California Stone - 1978 Robin
AMA Charter Life 620471
Blue Knights AL VIII
IBA 47955

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 10:11:17 PM »

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 06:47:52 AM »
Nice racing and sounds great!!! 
Paul B

Offline acguzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 07:37:34 AM »
I have a B10 cam so its not highly tuned, it does run 40mm carbs and a lightened flywheel, most of the mods are to the chassis. I have 40mm california forks with modified internals, 17 inch wheels with modern rubber and three frame braces, that really eliminated the weave in the fast corners! I do have a taller ratio but not a shorter one, its certainly too tall for talladega! I think everything but a dirt bike would be! I have considered a lower final ratio, maybe I'll look into that. My camera is an old hero 3, seems to work pretty well although you can see waves on a bigger screen, vibration I'm sure.
In this race its mostly against honda 900s, suzuki GS1000s, kawasaki z1s, even cbx! They are allowed 1000ccs and I am allowed unlimited, although it is still an 850, I dont run two bikes.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here