Author Topic: Speedometer drive hardened washers, how many? T3 content  (Read 675 times)

Offline acogoff

• Gaggle Hero
Speedometer drive hardened washers, how many? T3 content
« on: July 17, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
     Disassembing my transmission after the broken shifter spring episode and there is a washer between the transmission speedometer body and the little pinion gear and none on the end where the pinion rides in the aluminum hole. Is there not supposed to be one one each side of the little pinion? Very strange as I bought this thing new and have never had the speedo drive out of it's hole before. There is some damage to the ball cage so must have been something floating around in there. No sign of any washer now though. The way it is made I can see that it would be captured on the one side of the bearing if it were to fall off. Just want to make sure there really are supposed to be two washers before I go about ordering up some parts
'77850t3FB Owned since it was new
Marshall County Minnesota USA

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Speedometer drive hardened washers, how many? T3 content
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
Should be one on both ends of the gear.
Charlie

Offline acogoff

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Speedometer drive hardened washers, how many? T3 content
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 12:21:33 PM »
     As I surmised. I found about 1/8 inch chunk of what was left of the washer in the one of the two small oil reliefs in the case housing after pulling the bearing. My T3 must have been a parts donor bike at the dealer in 1977 is all I can figure out.  Nothing to get bent out of shape about blaming some one for. Damage done and now to set it right with a new speedo drive and 6 new case bearings. Thanks Antietam.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:13:52 PM by acogoff »
'77850t3FB Owned since it was new
Marshall County Minnesota USA

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here