Author Topic: 15rc maps 1100 california  (Read 269 times)

Offline 1969katanaman

• New Egg
15rc maps 1100 california
« on: August 27, 2023, 06:29:41 PM »
Hi, I have a california Stone with a 15rc ECU. it is not the original ECU as the bike came with a dead one as well. when i connect to guzzi diag i cannot connect as a California Stone but rather a california titanium so i guess the replacement ecu came from one of those??

the bike has had a fat duc fitted at some time in its history, i have removed this and now have a bit of a stutter on transition, basically not the best fuelling and very annoying to ride. I have set up the TPS and throttle bodies (157mv closed and 525mv idle) to no avail. I also cannot access the Co trim in Guzzi diag. It reads -128 but if i try to adjust it just shuts the engine off (this is not operating temp related)  i am wondering if anyone has a descent map i can try. (or even a few different ones)

I have just turned off lambda control in tuner pro (haven't loaded the map back on yet though) so maybe that will help.

The Co trim not accessible is very weird and from going through old posts on the forum it looks like others have had this problem and cured it by loading a new map... so any other map emailed to me for the bike or for the 15rc ecu would be most appreciated.

If all else fails i will go back to the fat duc but from reading up on these i would prefer not to have it.

thanks in advance :)

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: 15rc maps 1100 california
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 08:03:06 PM »
You are thinking correctly, can't adj idle mix with O2 on. You will most likely be +10 to 30. 
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 08:06:58 PM »
Depending on your model year, a 15M should be the right one, not RC. RC IIRR used lambda sensors in the headers, like a Cal Vintage. Shutting off Lambda may help. I don't think GD will adjust CO on a 15RC.

When I bought my used '04 EVT in about '14 it had an RC. Someone changed it from M to RC. Had some issues. No map to fix it at that time. Had to find a M. Then map it to my EVT. All good after.

Hope this helps a bit!
Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Online antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 02:55:09 AM »
After you load the map for the 15RC where you turned off the O2 sensor you should be able to adjust the CO2. I start at 0 and bump it up a few points as needed.
Also make sure your throttle body bores and butterflies are very clean in order to get a good base setting at 157mV.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 02:55:09 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here