Author Topic: Stone windshield change follow up info  (Read 1452 times)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: Stone windshield change follow up info
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2022, 01:08:08 PM »
hope you post a pic of the Clearview up in this thread. I browsed their site but no pics of the larger shield. I have used many of their Harley shields. good stuff
Call CLEARVIEW and ask to speak with Craig.
I’m working with him now getting the measurements he has requested for the California shield attachment holes.
A larger shield should be available soon.

Offline johnwesley

• Gosling
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2022, 02:02:55 PM »
Call CLEARVIEW and ask to speak with Craig.
I’m working with him now getting the measurements he has requested for the California shield attachment holes.
A larger shield should be available soon.

Now look at what you did! I followed your advice and called Craig and have a custom shield coming  :violent1:

Looking forward to seeing how it looks on the bike  :bike-037:
2009 cal-vin
2003 cal ev
1985 lemans 1000

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2022, 06:32:10 PM »

Now look at what you did! I followed your advice and called Craig and have a custom shield coming  :violent1:

Looking forward to seeing how it looks on the bike  :bike-037:
Sorry John😔
I spoke with Craig this afternoon and he said someone he thought from the WG forum called him about a specific shield.
I was ordering the oversized shield for my setup on the stone. I just prefer the coverage if looking through a good quality shield. It definitely offers more protection from the wind and elements.
The pratice of looking over the top of a shield was due to the original shields being distorted. Now shields have the Technology to be as clear and distinct as a vehicle windshield.
By the way I got a minor blemish oversized police style for 166.00. How much was that special made one🤔😩

Why was the oversized touring shield not acceptable to you?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 06:40:12 PM by Ncdan »

Offline johnwesley

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2022, 07:19:22 PM »
Yeah mine was 208 shipped. I had it cut like the roadking version which is less pointy at the top. I really prefer looking over the shield and having the wind hit the top of my helmet. It makes sure the top vent works well, especially in this hot humid Arkansas summers. The width will be the same as yours but closer to factory height.
2009 cal-vin
2003 cal ev
1985 lemans 1000

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2022, 07:19:22 PM »

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2022, 07:33:29 PM »
Yeah mine was 208 shipped. I had it cut like the roadking version which is less pointy at the top. I really prefer looking over the shield and having the wind hit the top of my helmet. It makes sure the top vent works well, especially in this hot humid Arkansas summers. The width will be the same as yours but closer to factory height.
Good deal👍
Let’s share pictures when we get them in and installed. 
Are you going to do the HD fork deflector’s?
You will be amazed at the totally calm pocket you will be riding in.

This is just not a sufficient shield to do the job I need a windshield to preform.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 08:03:47 PM by Ncdan »

Offline johnwesley

• Gosling
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2022, 08:42:16 PM »
I willing to try them for sure, just need to wait for the account to rebuild. The shield was an impulse buy which isn’t bad except it’s right on top of YSS top line shocks  :weiner:
2009 cal-vin
2003 cal ev
1985 lemans 1000

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here