Author Topic: Unbiased Aero Lario test ride  (Read 11643 times)

oldbike54

Re: Unbiased Aero Lario test ride
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2015, 09:22:58 AM »
 Meh , W/O a heads up comparison it is all just smack talk  :grin: Seriously , you guys building hot rod SBs are a sub group in a sub group in a sub group .

Dusty

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 10:17:14 AM »
Meh , W/O a heads up comparison it is all just smack talk  :grin: Seriously , you guys building hot rod SBs are a sub group in a sub group in a sub group .

Dusty

Perhaps for now, but I wouldn't assume it's going to remain that way forever Dusty.  The sb group isn't that small anymore and the "tuners" are starting to make things as they see fit with the sb's.

To be fair, I don't see a lot of heads up comparing of bb mods being done.  There's a lot of smack there too, but nothing too confirming.  When's the last time there was a National and you had bb guys racing each other?  I'm pretty certain Chuck and I will get together at some point to see what the others achieves as it's something we're both interested in.  Hey, talking smack and making some obvious observations are fun and each of us knows these three machines are quite likely worlds apart in character and /or performance. Aint it Guzzi-like to be a sub group of a sub-group?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:26:46 AM by kevdog3019 »
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline huub

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
I agree Huub, but once lightened internals are used and compression is increased and lots more fuel is added to the fire it's pretty big down low. There's not that off/on when you hit 4500 RPM like on a stock lario.  It's probably more like the BB 8 valves now in evenness from what I hear.  Never drove one.

i've already got bigger mikuni carbs and a free flowing exhaust system on the lario
next step would be a hot camshaft, but i am not sure the valve train would appreciate the extra stresses
( my lario is a daily rider )

my two valve V65TT was a lot stronger in low revs.

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 10:07:42 PM »
Stormtruck had to prove how fast his ex Chuckie Centauro is at Cedar Vale this year , does that count ? :laugh: The problem with hot rodding a modern SB is the same problem with HRing a Harley  :shocked:  :evil: Just kidding guys , it's not like trying for more HP with a 2 valve BB ditch pump makes any sense either  :grin:

Dusty
That Centauro was mine (and Chuck's). Storm purchased from me. I added the oil gauge for fear of failure of the pump gear. That sucker goes and reason it's called "the beast".  I get the raw Guzzi power thing. That bike is what made me a believer in all things 4-valve.   :thumb:
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 10:07:42 PM »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2015, 10:11:38 PM »
While the 1400 cylinders and pistons will fit there might be some issues. There is a reason the Cali is twin plugged and it isn't performance.

On the subject of the different smallblocks I'd love to see a back to back comparison and not one simply about outright top speed or acceleration.

Pete

Brad's an innovative type.  Probably takes after his father.  :evil:  He was talking cams and stuff. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline SmokyBC

• New Egg
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
This has been interesting to read, but for a new Guzzi-Guy, can ya post some pics of these bikes??

Thanks
Don Schmok
Salmon Arm BC

'73 Eldorado with Velorex sidecar
BMW K1600 GTL
'93 BMW GS/PD

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2015, 10:50:19 PM »
This has been interesting to read, but for a new Guzzi-Guy, can ya post some pics of these bikes??

Thanks

"Super" Lario.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 08:44:41 AM »
Chuck, been thinking about your fuel delivery vs. my experience.  Could it be that your intakes are so long?  Mine are stock-enhanced so very short.  A little goes a long way as I've said.  It's strange that we are having opposite experiences but these engines aren't the same I realize.  Nevertheless, seems like delivery to me and this is what I come up with.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here