Author Topic: Do you wear a backpack when riding?  (Read 7688 times)

canuguzzi

Re: Do you wear a backpack when riding?
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »
Kreiga makes the backpacks for Triumph. Might be easier to go try one on as opposed to going mail order.

oldbike54

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 11:33:09 PM »
Riding my bike with one or two bottles of wine on my back doesn't strike me as a brilliant idea.

Rob , did someone suggest that is a good idea ?

Dusty

rob-mg

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 11:56:56 PM »
Riding my bike with one or two bottles of wine on my back doesn't strike me as a brilliant idea.

Rob , did someone suggest that is a good idea ?

Dusty

Jesus,

The question was "Do your wear a backpack when riding?"

I gave my personal answer, nothing to do with anyone else, but lots to do with what I buy when I go shopping.

It was a joke, about myself.

Have a great 2016.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:01:59 AM by rob-mg »

oldbike54

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 12:07:20 AM »
Jesus,

The question was "Do your wear a backpack when riding?"

I gave my personal answer, nothing to do with anyone else, but lots to do with what I buy when I go shopping.

It was a joke, about myself.

Have a great 2016.

Ahh , well OK then , although since we didn't know that, the shorthand was a bit confusing . Must be an NYC thing  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 12:07:20 AM »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 02:28:33 AM »
I never ride with a backpack on. I have an old pack permanently strapped on to the pack rack, and any purchases go in there.

Don't like the thought of one on  my back. I guess that's stupid because I ride a mountain bike with a hydration pack on my back. :rolleyes:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

K250

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 09:05:26 AM »
Kriega from Aerostich.  Smallish model and wear it tight so it doesnt move around. 

Offline MGrego

• Gosling
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 11:47:38 AM »
Not anymore ! 

Had been using an "Overboard" brand backpack, that is basically a dry bag with shoulder straps, for trips on my V11 lemans that had no luggage options. Recently installed a tail rack Harpers had advertised, so now the pack will be rok-strapped to that rather than on my back --  I found wearing a backpack to be OK, but it was too hot in the summer, and made my shoulders sore on long trips.

Offline swordds

• Hatchling
  • (504)234-9011
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »
I use an Amphibious Dry Equipment motorcycle backpack (shop4bikers.co.uk).  Nice features: totally waterproof /water tight roll-up closure, high visibility lime-yellow color, outside/watertight zipper pocket and two mesh pockets, nice carrying handle, nicely padded shoulder straps, waist strap, and chest strap, plus all straps are totally removable and the pack has six D-rings so it can be strapped to the passenger seat or bike rack if you don't care to ride with a backpack.  All around a well made, we'll designed great piece of kit!
2016 V7II Stone
2016 Suzuki TU250X (lost in the great flood of ought 16)

In the future I will strive to tolerate everything except intolerance and to hate nothing except hatred.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here