Author Topic: Norge being blown around in "turbulent air"  (Read 4852 times)

Offline OlderSlower

• Hatchling
Re: Norge being blown around in "turbulent air"
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 09:08:44 AM »
Thanks again for all of the ideas and information.  I have had lots of bikes over the years, with and without bodywork.  I expect some wind turbulence with bags and fairing, this situation was significantly different and frankly I am surprised at how much difference the changing of the shield made, both positively and negatively.  I am an old guy who likes to think he is a freaking genius, so thanks for giving me some new information to tell young riders who make the mistake of talking to me about bikes. I sometimes see their eyes glaze over as I pontificate.   Seriously, I really appreciate all the help from this forum!
2009 Norge, Staintune, Helibars, lower pegs, Russell seat, Matris fork kit and shock, more to come...
2008 Triumph Bonneville

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »
There ARE downsides to wrapping your ass in too much plastic and plexiglass.  It's a motorcycle!
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline OlderSlower

• Hatchling
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 09:35:11 AM »
Good point Cam, it's a challenge to know when to say when.  Glad I have a retro cafe new Bonneville for bare bones fun.
2009 Norge, Staintune, Helibars, lower pegs, Russell seat, Matris fork kit and shock, more to come...
2008 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »
Best fairing to sit behind is a Jammer in the day.  Oh..... :1: with Charlie B.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2016, 05:41:07 PM »
Best fairing to sit behind is a Jammer in the day.  Oh..... :1: with Charlie B.

Best MC fairing I've ever had is on my Guzzi CX100, Rifle Sport (15" windshield) fairing on 750 Breva,  and MP3 400 w/ aftermarket windshield.   :thumb:  Some Maxi scooters have the best weather protection, period.  They out perform MCs because they protect your feet, legs better too.   :thumb:

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 05:57:01 PM »
Full SP1000NT is better than the CX100.  I have both and ridden both in heavy rain.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 06:42:22 PM »
Full SP1000NT is better than the CX100.  I have both and ridden both in heavy rain.

I find the SP fairing too close to my  knuckles on a SP.  On the CX  I just hunker down a little and @ 65 mph the rain goes right over the top of me.  On my Aprilia Scarabeo 500 GT or 400 MP3 scooters it's much better for more rain protection.   :thumb:   + on the MP3 you have no worries about the front tire ever washing out on you even in corners.  :boozing:

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
 :1: on your impressions.  I guess the SP1000NT is a better fit for me and don't have the problems that you have.  On CX100, slide the bum back on the seat and hunch down low for protection.  I agree on the BV500 and MP3.  Both underrated rides.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here